Windows 10: Windows Hello & Microsoft Account Security Issues

Discus and support Windows Hello & Microsoft Account Security Issues in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Hello dear Community members,I have found myself quite baffled by the inexistence of software allowing you to lock files and folders using biometric... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Camille Soyer, Sep 8, 2021.

1. Windows Hello & Microsoft Account Security Issues

Hello dear Community members,I have found myself quite baffled by the inexistence of software allowing you to lock files and folders using biometric authentification through Windows Hello.I've finally resigned and decided it would be worth the shot to go and try One Drive's Vault and it's alleged biometric authentification capabilities, as it's written here : Personal Vault: Store Sensitive Files – Microsoft OneDriveHere's my issue :I cannot add Windows Hello login to my additional security options for my Microsoft account this page ; Additional security options live.com Every time I woul

:)

Camille Soyer, Sep 8, 2021
  2. Zakin Win User

Strange Windows 10 User Account issue.

Unfortunately I had done those steps numerous reboots, it just, reappears for no good reason. The base account isn't even a Microsoft account, it's a local account.

I haven't quite tried the built in administrator account on W10, but so far in my experience on my own computer, the built in account seemed to have absolutely no more control than I did on my own.

It's just strange, I go in, it warns me twice about deleting the account, then it's gone. Reboot, and it's back?

EDIT: Just to specify, both command line and Netplwiz both say only HIS account exists on the computer, it doesn't list this rogue account. This is what I meant in my first post about the fact that even Windows doesn't seem to believe it exists, HALF the time. *Frown Windows Hello & Microsoft Account Security Issues :(

Zakin, Sep 8, 2021
  3. Microsoft Hello security issue using photo

Hi Adirek,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. We will assist you in resolving the issue.

I suggest you to remove the recognition Hello feature from your PC and re-add it and check if the issue persist.

Remove the Hello feature by following the steps below:

• Press Windows icon key, type Settings and select the top most search result.
    • Select Accounts and click on Sign-in options from the left side panel of the window.
    • Under Windows Hello option, click on Remove.
    • Follow the steps from a to c, only this time click on
      Set up under Windows Hello and check if your issue is resolved.

Refer to the link below on Windows Hello and privacy: FAQ:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/windows-hello-privacy-faq

Also refer to the article below on Get Started with Windows 10:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/getstarted-what-is-hello

Write back to us with the status of the issue on the same post for further assistance. Your reply is important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Sep 8, 2021
  4. Addie Win User

Windows Hello & Microsoft Account Security Issues

Cannot link/add my Microsoft Account to Local Account

Hello Ken,

Im using Win10 Build 1607 with all latest update.

I also run all related troubleshooters:
    • Windows Update
    • Store Apps (says i have to login in my microsoft account but thats the problem, i can't)
    • Microsoft Accounts

No Problem found. Also the suggestions from Microsoft didnt helped.

Addie, Sep 8, 2021
Thema:

Windows Hello & Microsoft Account Security Issues

1. Windows Hello & Microsoft Account Security Issues - Similar Threads - Hello Microsoft Account

2. Windows hello Security key configuration issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows hello Security key configuration issue: Hello I am facing an issue while configuring the security key with Windows Hello on multiple machines. When we go to Windows hello-- Account sign in option-->Security Key--> manage. It keeps spinning. Also, I observed while trying to set PINWindows Hello after entering pin it...
  3. Windows hello Security key configuration issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows hello Security key configuration issue: Hello I am facing an issue while configuring the security key with Windows Hello on multiple machines. When we go to Windows hello-- Account sign in option-->Security Key--> manage. It keeps spinning. Also, I observed while trying to set PINWindows Hello after entering pin it...
  4. For improved security, only allow windows Hello sign-in for microsoft accounts on this device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    For improved security, only allow windows Hello sign-in for microsoft accounts on this device: The “For improved security, only allow windows Hello sign-in for microsoft accounts on this device” is greyed and i can’t disable it. I want to disable it but i can’t. Please help....
  5. For improved security, only allow windows Hello sign-in for microsoft accounts on this device

For improved security, only allow windows Hello sign-in for microsoft accounts on this device: The “For improved security, only allow windows Hello sign-in for microsoft accounts on this device” is greyed and i can’t disable it. I want to disable it but i can’t. Please help....
  6. For improved security, only allow Windows Hello sign-in for Microsoft accounts on this device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    For improved security, only allow Windows Hello sign-in for Microsoft accounts on this device: Hi,Can anyone tell me what this "For improved security, only allow Windows Hello sign-in for Microsoft accounts on this device" EXACTLY means?What does it do exactly? I don't understand the difference between turning it of or keeping it on.I am asking because i want to get...
  7. For improved security, only allow Windows Hello sign-in for Microsoft accounts on this device

For improved security, only allow Windows Hello sign-in for Microsoft accounts on this device: Hi,Can anyone tell me what this "For improved security, only allow Windows Hello sign-in for Microsoft accounts on this device" EXACTLY means?What does it do exactly? I don't understand the difference between turning it of or keeping it on.I am asking because i want to get...
  8. Windows Hello sign-in security key issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Hello sign-in security key issue: After inserting security key there are only two options: "Change security key pin" and "Reset security key". There is no option to use it for windows logon. I do not want to use PIN to sign into my account. Only password with security key or just security key. Any advice...
  9. Windows Hello sign-in security key issue

Windows Hello sign-in security key issue: After inserting security key there are only two options: "Change security key pin" and "Reset security key". There is no option to use it for windows logon. I do not want to use PIN to sign into my account. Only password with security key or just security key. Any advice...
  10. Microsoft Account and Windows Hello PIN

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Microsoft Account and Windows Hello PIN: Last weekend I wiped my SSD and re-installed Windows 10 Home Edition and subsequently the upgrade to Windows 10 Pro and Microsoft 365. Windows 10 version number 20H2. OS Build 19042.662. Install and 365 download went as expected, but I made two errors for which I am at loss...