Windows 10: Windows Hello never working directly after a restart?

Discus and support Windows Hello never working directly after a restart? in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I am witnessing an annoying "habit" with Windows Hello: The first time after a system start (cold, i.e. a boot or warm, i.e. restart) Windows Hello... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by mmo, Jul 2, 2019.

1. MMO
    mmo Win User

Windows Hello never working directly after a restart?

I am witnessing an annoying "habit" with Windows Hello:
    The first time after a system start (cold, i.e. a boot or warm, i.e. restart) Windows Hello *never* works. I always only get the message "could not turn on camera" and then only the PIN-login option is shown.
    Subsequent logins typically work via camera, but the first login never does.

Of course my system (MS Surface Pro) is at the latest patch level.

Any idea, what could cause this? Why is the camera never ready or not available before the first login?

:)

2. Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

The tutorials provided are just a list of troubleshooting steps. Use only the steps which apply to you.

Since none of the troubleshooting steps here worked, I'd suggest you do a Clean install.

John

AmericanPharaoh, Jul 2, 2019
  3. little cat, Jul 2, 2019
  4. swat354 Win User

Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

Thank you john for all of your help i decided to get the usb my computer came with and factory reset it i didnt have anything that personal or valueable so its ok thanks for the help though i appreciate it

swat354, Jul 2, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows Hello never working directly after a restart? - Similar Threads - Hello never working

2. Windows hello is not working

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Windows hello is not working: Hii, I am trying to enable face recognition based system login. But it shows some error message. i have attached the error screen shot for your reference. Kindly help me to resolve this issue Regards, Arunkumar [img] 136495
  3. Windows hello is not working

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows hello is not working: Hii, I am trying to enable face recognition based system login. But it shows some error message. i have attached the error screen shot for your reference. Kindly help me to resolve this issue Regards, Arunkumar [img] 136495
  4. Windows Hello never working directly after a restart?

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Hello never working directly after a restart?: I am witnessing an annoying "habit" with Windows Hello: The first time after a system start (cold, i.e. a boot or warm, i.e. restart) Windows Hello *never* works. I always only get the message "could not turn on camera" and then only the PIN-login option is shown. Subsequent...
  5. Windows hello not working after update

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows hello not working after update: I had recently update my laptop and the windows hello is not working. It ask me for my pin code every time. Before it use to unlock with IR camera. It is Dell inspiron 13-5378 After update it say ca it turn on camera....
  6. Windows Hello stops working after update

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Hello stops working after update: I've seen many discussions of this problem: where a working biometric Hello installation suddenly stops working with cryptic errors like "something went wrong." It just happened to me, again, on our HP notebooks. I stumbled on a solution that worked for me that I thought I'd...
  7. Windows Hello not working.

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Hello not working.: I only noticed this after the most recent update, but not sure that is the cause. I've followed some fix suggestions like removing/reinstalling the Hello driver and the IR front camera driver, but that has not solved the problem. When I go to the sign-in options I see the...
  8. Restart direct after restart and again

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Restart direct after restart and again: All recent updates installed , restart 3 times with no change in system, anyhow again asked for a restart all the time. [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/restart-direct-after-restart-and-again/c3d8067a-2d80-404a-ac61-5f836dcabc5f
  9. After each restart, Screen timeout is reset to "Never"

in Windows 10 Support
    After each restart, Screen timeout is reset to "Never": Every time I restart my computer (Windows 10 Home 64 bit), the setting under Power & Sleep -> Screen which controls the length of time before the screen blacks out is reset to "Never" *Mad. I don't want Windows to do this. I want this setting to stay at 10 minutes. How can I...
  10. Windows 10 Search never works, Tried restarting cortana

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Search never works, Tried restarting cortana: Hey all, Ever since i upgraded its been a regret of mine. I cant search anything by hitting "windows key" then typing anything. The only thing it will find is - dxdiag cmd msconfig It wont even find paint, or notepad, or wordpad, calculator. Not to mention...