Windows 10: Windows Hello never working directly after a restart?

Discus and support Windows Hello never working directly after a restart? in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I am witnessing an annoying "habit" with Windows Hello: The first time after a system start (cold, i.e. a boot or warm, i.e. restart) Windows Hello... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by mmo, Jul 2, 2019.

1. MMO
    mmo Win User

Windows Hello never working directly after a restart?

I am witnessing an annoying "habit" with Windows Hello:
    The first time after a system start (cold, i.e. a boot or warm, i.e. restart) Windows Hello *never* works. I always only get the message "could not turn on camera" and then only the PIN-login option is shown.
    Subsequent logins typically work via camera, but the first login never does.

Of course my system (MS Surface Pro) is at the latest patch level.

Any idea, what could cause this? Why is the camera never ready or not available before the first login?

:)

2. Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

The tutorials provided are just a list of troubleshooting steps. Use only the steps which apply to you.

Since none of the troubleshooting steps here worked, I'd suggest you do a Clean install.

John

AmericanPharaoh, Jul 2, 2019
  3. little cat, Jul 2, 2019
  4. swat354 Win User

Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

Thank you john for all of your help i decided to get the usb my computer came with and factory reset it i didnt have anything that personal or valueable so its ok thanks for the help though i appreciate it

swat354, Jul 2, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows Hello never working directly after a restart? - Similar Threads - Hello never working

2. Windows Hello Figerprint never works on sign in, but works fine after.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows Hello Figerprint never works on sign in, but works fine after.: Figerprint Reader: Benss Portable Security Key Biometric Fingerprint ScannerMicrosoft Windows 10 Education x64 Build 19045.27It worked fine in the beginning, but recently I always run out of the 3 tries and have to input my long password. However, when I use it to sign in to...
  3. Windows Hello Figerprint never works on sign in, but works fine after.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Hello Figerprint never works on sign in, but works fine after.: Figerprint Reader: Benss Portable Security Key Biometric Fingerprint ScannerMicrosoft Windows 10 Education x64 Build 19045.27It worked fine in the beginning, but recently I always run out of the 3 tries and have to input my long password. However, when I use it to sign in to...
  4. Windows Hello Figerprint never works on sign in, but works fine after.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Hello PIN set to never but no working

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Hello PIN set to never but no working: After the Pc wakes up, it asks for PIN.How to disable this?My "Require sign-in settings" is set to "Never"My "Power options" doesn't have "Require a password on wakeup yes/no"I'm using Windows 10 Home...
  6. Hello PIN set to never but no working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hello PIN set to never but no working: After the Pc wakes up, it asks for PIN.How to disable this?My "Require sign-in settings" is set to "Never"My "Power options" doesn't have "Require a password on wakeup yes/no"I'm using Windows 10 Home...
  7. Hello PIN set to never but no working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Windows Hello never working directly after a restart?

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Hello never working directly after a restart?: I am witnessing an annoying "habit" with Windows Hello: The first time after a system start (cold, i.e. a boot or warm, i.e. restart) Windows Hello *never* works. I always only get the message "could not turn on camera" and then only the PIN-login option is shown. Subsequent...
  9. Restart direct after restart and again

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Restart direct after restart and again: All recent updates installed , restart 3 times with no change in system, anyhow again asked for a restart all the time. [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/restart-direct-after-restart-and-again/c3d8067a-2d80-404a-ac61-5f836dcabc5f
  10. Windows 10 Search never works, Tried restarting cortana

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Search never works, Tried restarting cortana: Hey all, Ever since i upgraded its been a regret of mine. I cant search anything by hitting "windows key" then typing anything. The only thing it will find is - dxdiag cmd msconfig It wont even find paint, or notepad, or wordpad, calculator. Not to mention...