Windows 10: Windows Hello no longer working

Discus and support Windows Hello no longer working in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Few weeks ago Windows Hello suddenly stopped working after an update. Lock screen just says, "Sorry, something went wrong. Please enter PIN." When I... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by CodyBills, Oct 28, 2019.

1. CodyBills Win User

Windows Hello no longer working

Few weeks ago Windows Hello suddenly stopped working after an update. Lock screen just says, "Sorry, something went wrong. Please enter PIN." When I check the settings in Windows Hello it says

"This option is currently unavailable.."

"We couldn't find a camera compatible with Windows Hellow Face."

I use it for video chat so camera works fine. I checked permissions and camera access is on. Please, any suggestions would be appreciated! I miss signing in with my face!

Thank you!

Windows Hello no longer working d851dd9a-d6f7-4b40-9908-1ceef8f1e523?upload=true.png

:)

CodyBills, Oct 28, 2019
  2. elbeasto Win User

Store Live Tile no longer works

Sorry I didn't finish editing that post.

it's up there now post #6.

elbeasto, Oct 28, 2019
  3. My hello sign in stopped working.

Hi,

This problem that started after installing the last Windows update might be caused by outdated or corrupted device drivers. For us to better assist you, we'll be needing additional information:

• Are you pertaining on Windows Hello sign-in? If yes, does it mean that the facial recognition is not working?
    • Is there an error message displayed when using Windows Hello?

Meanwhile, it is better to check the status of Windows Hello sign-in option in your computer. To check the Windows Hello status, follow these steps:

• Click the Start button and select the Settings
      icon.
    • Choose Accounts from the list.
    • Select Sign-in options in the left pane of the window.
    • Under Windows Hello, kindly check the status of it.

As an initial troubleshooting step, we suggest keeping the device drivers like camera driver up-to-date. For your reference, check this article on how to
    update drivers in Windows 10.

We'll keep an eye out for your response.

Gerard Qui, Oct 28, 2019
  4. Monk.e83 Win User

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Oct 28, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows Hello no longer working - Similar Threads - Hello longer working

2. Fingerprint recognition Windows Hello feature no longer works for me and is no longer...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Fingerprint recognition Windows Hello feature no longer works for me and is no longer...: Hello, the Fingerprint recognition Windows Hello feature no longer works for me and is no longer available. So when I was unable to unlock my device with my fingerprint, I unlocked it with a PIN, then I updated the device and tried to unlock it, but that did not work, so I...
  3. Facial recognition Hello no longer works.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Facial recognition Hello no longer works.: All of a sudden my facial recognition does not work. I updated drivers, camera, etc. but the screen still looks grainy and won't hold the hello. It worked fine last week....
  4. Facial recognition Hello no longer works.

Facial recognition Hello no longer works.: All of a sudden my facial recognition does not work. I updated drivers, camera, etc. but the screen still looks grainy and won't hold the hello. It worked fine last week....
  5. Windows Hello Fingerprint "Cache" No Longer Working?

Windows Hello Fingerprint "Cache" No Longer Working?: Hello, I have been using the fingerprint sensor Windows Hello to sign in ever since I first got my laptop. I am on Windows 11 Home Version 22H2 Every time, I would press the power button and lift my finger after a few seconds so it would “cache” my credential. This way, I...
  6. Windows Hello Fingerprint "Cache" No Longer Working?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Hello Fingerprint "Cache" No Longer Working?: Hello, I have been using the fingerprint sensor Windows Hello to sign in ever since I first got my laptop. I am on Windows 11 Home Version 22H2 Every time, I would press the power button and lift my finger after a few seconds so it would “cache” my credential. This way, I...
  7. Windows hello no longer works

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows hello no longer works: After yesterday's update, I can no longer use pin or biometrics.I found this on the web.It says it has been resolved, do I have any steps to follow to get my fingerprint login to work again or do I have to wait for the next update?...
  8. Windows hello no longer works

Windows hello no longer works: After yesterday's update, I can no longer use pin or biometrics.I found this on the web.It says it has been resolved, do I have any steps to follow to get my fingerprint login to work again or do I have to wait for the next update?...
  9. My Windows Hello Fingerprint no longer works.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    My Windows Hello Fingerprint no longer works.: My Asus laptop with Windows 10 that I have had for a couple years - the Windows Hello fingerprint suddenly stopped working and gives the 'unavailable' message and when clicked just says 'something went wrong. Try again later' - which is totally useless to troubleshoot. I...
  10. Hello Facial Log on No longer works

Hello Facial Log on No longer works: I have a Lenovo thinkpad and the Hello facial log in has been working from the start about a year ago but then all of a sudden it failed to work. The error message says that there is no compatible camera. I have run Lenovo diagnostics and there is nothing wrong. Clearly, MS...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows hello stopped working