Windows 10: windows hello not allowing to change pin and add/remove fingerprint after update to 1903...

Discus and support windows hello not allowing to change pin and add/remove fingerprint after update to 1903... in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Hi, This is jason. My problem is with the windows hello after the september 4 update. After restarting, the log in window told me to change my pin... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by qiu jiasheng, Sep 10, 2019.

1. windows hello not allowing to change pin and add/remove fingerprint after update to 1903...

Hi, This is jason.

My problem is with the windows hello after the september 4 update. After restarting, the log in window told me to change my pin because it was invalid or something like that. It changed from a four number pin to six number pin. After changing the pin, I wanted to change the pin back, so i went to change it. The thing is that the option for changing both the pin and the fingerprint things displayed " something went wrong. try again later." I even contacted the windows support people to solve this issue, but after the in place upgrade that the tech support people told me to do. The problem was still not fixed.

windows hello not allowing to change pin and add/remove fingerprint after update to 1903... b2651cd4-4ce2-495a-ab4c-8f8dc1732ec4?upload=true.png

:)

qiu jiasheng, Sep 10, 2019
  2. chris_80 Win User

Windows Hello - PIN and Fingerprint not working anymore

First, this is similar with
    this question
    , but that thread is locked with no solution.

After some months of fingerprint login working fine, after some update few months ago fingerprint stopped working, error message like "windows hello encountered a problem and stopped working".

- noticed that PIN is not set up anymore

- tried to set up PIN or fingerprint - not working (fingerprint sensor was not even recognized by Hello, even though Dell tools verification was ok).

- reinstalled fingerprint sensor driver, managed to determine Hello to find sensor and allowed to set up fingerprint until near the end when it requested for a PIN to be setup. asked for my password but the next screen (to enter PIN twice) never appears

- deleted Ngc folder, recreated, managed to set up PIN individually

- when I try to set up fingerprint click on Get Started, asks for PIN, and after I enter the PIN the popup disappear but does't go to the next step with sensor, stays there with only the Cancel button visible.

To answer obvious questions:

- windows updates done. no change

- new account created and tried to set up. same issues with fingerprint setup, at the end not setting up PIN or I set up PIN separately on fingerprint start does not go further than entering PIN after Get Started.

chris_80, Sep 10, 2019
  3. Billy'M Win User
    Windows Hello fingerprint and PIN setup crashes

Thanks for the tip. For clarity if others have this issue steps to resolve were as follows:

1. Remove old PIN and finger print from sign in settings

2. From BIOS change security chip from TPM to Intel PTY

3. From bios erase fingerprint data

4. Setup new pin and fingerprint from wondows hello, it is now working!

Billy'M, Sep 10, 2019
  4. zdoe Win User

windows hello not allowing to change pin and add/remove fingerprint after update to 1903...

Thema:

windows hello not allowing to change pin and add/remove fingerprint after update to 1903...

1. windows hello not allowing to change pin and add/remove fingerprint after update to 1903... - Similar Threads - hello allowing change

2. Hello Fingerprint and pin

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hello Fingerprint and pin: Is it possible to block only PIN usage for end users? They will be able to continue using fingerprint biometrics. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hello-fingerprint-and-pin/0b960f18-2133-4be5-bd22-3a8f7d77f3db
  3. Hello Fingerprint and pin

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Hello Fingerprint and pin: Is it possible to block only PIN usage for end users? They will be able to continue using fingerprint biometrics. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hello-fingerprint-and-pin/0b960f18-2133-4be5-bd22-3a8f7d77f3db
  4. Hello Fingerprint and pin

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Fingerprint and PIN removed after setup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fingerprint and PIN removed after setup: Hi,Hope you are doing well.I would like to ask if you could help me with issue we are having with Windows Hello on Window 10. Fingerprint setup just gets removed after restart or after certain time passes on Laptop that uses domain accounts. It seems to be ok with local...
  6. Fingerprint and PIN removed after setup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Fingerprint and PIN removed after setup: Hi,Hope you are doing well.I would like to ask if you could help me with issue we are having with Windows Hello on Window 10. Fingerprint setup just gets removed after restart or after certain time passes on Laptop that uses domain accounts. It seems to be ok with local...
  7. Fingerprint and PIN removed after setup

8. Can not remove or change hello PIN

Can not remove or change hello PIN: Hi. For some reasons, I reset in troubleshooting menu, choose 'keep my data' my windows 10. The old PIN number still work and allow me to login OS. However, I can not change or remove the PIN. When I navigate to 'Sign-in option' page, only 'Add' button there. It looks like...
  9. Window Hello PIN and Fingerprint fail setup in Win 10-1903

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Window Hello PIN and Fingerprint fail setup in Win 10-1903: I'm running Windows 10 (enterprise)1903 build 18362.207. I'm trying to setup Windows Hello and Fingerprint with no luck. Every time I'm getting the "Something went wrong. Try again later" error. All Windows Hello features worked fine with my machine in previous version of...
  10. windows hello/fingerprint not allowing setup

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    windows hello/fingerprint not allowing setup: win10 enterprise - new machine that i'm setting up - xps 9560. so - if i try to set up a fingerprint, i just get a flash screen of something opening/closing - too fast to screen-capture or see. yes, i have the synaptics drivers and they appear to be working by device...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows updates 1903 fingerprint scan

2. remove pin windows 10