Windows 10: Windows hello not available

Discus and support Windows hello not available in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Hello, I have an HP ENVY 360 Convertible 15m-dr1xxx, which I bought last year. I log in with the pin as the fingerprint doesn't usually work, which is... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by lulau, Jul 15, 2020.

1. lulau Win User

Windows hello not available

Hello, I have an HP ENVY 360 Convertible 15m-dr1xxx, which I bought last year. I log in with the pin as the fingerprint doesn't usually work, which is very annoying. When I try to set up the Windows hello, it tells me that "This option is currently unavailable - click to learn more" and "We couldn't find a camera compatible with Windows Hello Face." Learn more. The SET UP button is grayed out and I don't have any other buttons that say update driver or remove, like I see in many posts. I also tried to do the gpedit.msc but I don't have it on my computer.

I did right click on "This PC" and clicked on Manage. Clicked on Computer and click on Scan for hardware changes. Nothing came up. If I go to Biometric devices, I have "Synapsis WBDI SGX" and "Windows Hello Face Software Device". I clicked on each one and then clicked on update drivers - no updates were available. Both say I had the best driver possible.

Is there anything I can do to have it working or does this computer DOES NOT offer that option? if it doesn't, why is the Windows hello driver there?

Please help! I would love to have it recognize my face as, like I said, the fingerprint doesn't really work and is a pain to type in the pin every time I turn on the computer.

Thanks a lot and I hope I get a solution.

:)

lulau, Jul 15, 2020
  2. Alden Rey Win User

Windows Hello Not Available

Hi,

Windows Hello allows you to login into your system by recognizing your fingerprint or your face or your iris rather than using a pin code or a password, provided that you have a webcam and a finger scanner that work.

If you’re having “Windows Hello isn’t available on this device.” in your Settings windows. We suggest to run through the settings of the sign-in options. To do this, kindly follow the steps provided below:

Step 1: Update Your PC

First of all, make sure that you’ve installed any possible update that is available for Windows 10. See if you have needed patches installed:

• On your keyboard, press the Windows logo key and I at the same time. Click Update & security.
    • Click the Check for updates button. Install available updates found.

When you finish, move on to the second step.

Step 2: Enable Biometric from Administration

If you don’t have the administrator permission, you’re not likely to use Windows Hello on your PC. To fix it:

• On your keyboard, press the Windows logo key and R at the same time, then type gpedit.msc and press Enter.
    • Follow the path: Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > Windows Components. On the right side of the pane, double-click Allow the use of biometrics.
    • Click Enabled. Then click Apply and OK to save the change.
    • Reboot your computer and then move on to the next step.

Step 3: Update Your Fingerprint Device Driver

If your fingerprint device driver is outdated or faulty, you’ll find the hardware impossible to use. You can update the device driver to fix it.

• On your keyboard, press the Windows logo key and X at the same time, and click Device Manager.
    • Click the icon for Scan for hardware changes on the top bar.
    • Expand Biometric devices. Right-click the fingerprint sensor device that you have and click Uninstall.
    • You can choose to reboot your computer for Windows to help you locate the driver that it could find for your device. Or, as an alternative, you can choose to update the driver by yourself.
      Simply follow the steps provided by Andre Da Costa on this link
      to update your drivers.

Should you need any further information, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Regards.

Alden Rey, Jul 15, 2020
  3. windows Hello states it isn't available on this device

Hi Tom,

Try few of the troubleshooting steps below and check if you are able to access Windows Hello.

Step 1: I suggest you to run
    Hardware and Devices troubleshooter
    as it checks for common problems and makes sure that any new device or hardware connected to your PC is installed correctly.

• Press Windows key from the keyboard, type
      Troubleshooting and select it.
    • Click on view all option on the upper left corner of
      Troubleshooting window.
    • Select the Hardware and Device
      options from the list.
    • Click Next to run the
      Hardware and Device
      Troubleshooter.

Step 2: Also, I suggest you to update the bio-metric finger print reader from Device Manager and check if it helps.

• Press Windows + X from the keyboard, click on Device Manager.
    • Right click on Bio-metric finger print reader, click on
      Properties
    • Go to Drivers tab, click on Update driver software.

Step 3: I recommend you to install all the pending updates on your device and check if it helps.

Steps:

• Connect to the internet.
    • Press Windows key and type updates.
    • Click on Check for updates.
    • Under Windows Updates, click on Check for updates.
    • Try to install the updates being shown.

For more information refer:
    Windows Hello and privacy: FAQ

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of accessing the Windows Hello feature for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Jul 15, 2020
  4. Windows hello not available

windows Hello states it isn't available on this device

Hi,

A number of our community members, facing the same error message on Windows Hello, were helped by the troubleshooting steps in
    Deepika Gowda's
    August 23, 2016. We suggest that you give it a try and check if it works for you.

Regards.

Rolando Vil, Jul 15, 2020
Thema:

Windows hello not available

1. Windows hello not available - Similar Threads - hello available

2. Why has Microsoft not made the Hello sign in with fingerprint and face available to certain...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why has Microsoft not made the Hello sign in with fingerprint and face available to certain...: I have a HP Elite X2 1012 G2 and it does have a fingerprint scanner as well as a front and rare facing camera but the Hello sign in option is not available for my device, i see an error message in the Windows Hello sign in option saying my device does not meet the minimum...
  3. Why has Microsoft not made the Hello sign in with fingerprint and face available to certain...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why has Microsoft not made the Hello sign in with fingerprint and face available to certain...: I have a HP Elite X2 1012 G2 and it does have a fingerprint scanner as well as a front and rare facing camera but the Hello sign in option is not available for my device, i see an error message in the Windows Hello sign in option saying my device does not meet the minimum...
  4. Why has Microsoft not made the Hello sign in with fingerprint and face available to certain...

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  5. Windows Hello Pin reset is not available when accessing my passwords

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Hello Pin reset is not available when accessing my passwords: I’ve been trying to find a way to reset my windows hello password for over an hour. The links for it don’t work and there’s little to no information on this. Why not just get rid of windows hello if I already have the windows Authenticator....
  6. Windows Hello Pin reset is not available when accessing my passwords

Windows Hello Pin reset is not available when accessing my passwords: I’ve been trying to find a way to reset my windows hello password for over an hour. The links for it don’t work and there’s little to no information on this. Why not just get rid of windows hello if I already have the windows Authenticator....
  7. Windows Hello fingerprint, facial recognition, and PIN is not available.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Hello fingerprint, facial recognition, and PIN is not available.: I am not able to use the said features because I am getting an error message that they are not available. When I click, is says something went wrong, try again later. I already updated my drivers and the OS is up to date....
  8. Windows Hello fingerprint, facial recognition, and PIN is not available.

Windows Hello fingerprint, facial recognition, and PIN is not available.: I am not able to use the said features because I am getting an error message that they are not available. When I click, is says something went wrong, try again later. I already updated my drivers and the OS is up to date....
  9. sign in option are not available in hello windows

sign in option are not available in hello windows: sign in options are not available in hello windows my device is Lenovo IdeaPad 3 Laptop, when I try to set up windows hello the options are not available currently...
  10. sign in option are not available in hello windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    sign in option are not available in hello windows: sign in options are not available in hello windows my device is Lenovo IdeaPad 3 Laptop, when I try to set up windows hello the options are not available currently...