Windows 10: Windows Hello not defaulting to camera

Discus and support Windows Hello not defaulting to camera in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Hello all, we recently started using Windows Hello for Business. I have set up a camera on my PC. When I lock my PC via Windows key + L and leave the... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by DomenikYNC, Jul 27, 2022.

1. Windows Hello not defaulting to camera

Hello all, we recently started using Windows Hello for Business. I have set up a camera on my PC. When I lock my PC via Windows key + L and leave the place, the camera continues to search for me. After a short time, the computer then goes into power saving mode. When I then sit down again at my place and wake up the computer Windows Hello asks directly a PIN. In the past this was not the case. Of course, I could set the logon option to face recognition every time, but I don't think that's the point.Thank you for the help :

:)

DomenikYNC, Jul 27, 2022
  2. Fazio437 Win User

We couldn't find a fingerprint scanner/camera Windows Hello

Hello,
    I'm experiencing some issues while trying to enable the Windows Hello login via camera and fingerprint.
    Basically I have this Windows 10 21H2 joined to a domain, and using administrative creds I've enabled the registry keys to enable Windows Hello and PIN login.

Windows Hello not defaulting to camera [​IMG]

Unfortunately I'm not able to use the Hello camera or fingerprint despite the device is Windows Hello compatible (HP Elitebook G8).
    I've tried all the suggestion reported on the tutorials but still no luck, I have the error:

We couldn't find a fingerprint scanner compatible with windows hello fingerprint

On both camera and fingerprint. Both devices are recognized properly via devmgmt.
    Do you have any suggestion?

Thank you!

Fazio437, Jul 27, 2022
  3. Pavan_N Win User
    Windows Hello camera stuck on turning on the camera

Hi Steven,

Please answer this question to assist you better.

Are you able to log into desktop?

I suggest you to refer the steps suggested by
    Nyima Yonten
    and check if that helps. Thank you.

Pavan_N, Jul 27, 2022
  4. Vicky Acs Win User

Windows Hello not defaulting to camera

Windows hello

Hi Abdullah,

To resolve this camera issue for your Windows Hello, we suggest that you run Hardware and Device troubleshooter. Refer to the following steps:

• Click on 'search' and select 'settings' and type 'Troubleshooting' and select 'Troubleshooting'
    • Click on 'Hardware and Sound' and select 'Hardware and 'Devices' and click on next to run the troubleshooter.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Vicky Acs, Jul 27, 2022
Thema:

Windows Hello not defaulting to camera

1. Windows Hello not defaulting to camera - Similar Threads - Hello defaulting camera

2. Camera resets to default setting everytime Windows Hello is used

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Camera resets to default setting everytime Windows Hello is used: I'm using a Logitech Brio. I use the Logitech software to modify the settings of the camera mostly just the zoom ratio. When I use Zoom or Teams, these settings are retained. But, if Windows Hello is used, all camera settings are lost and go back to the default....
  3. Windows Hello not defaulting to camera

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Hello not defaulting to camera: Hello all,we recently started using Windows Hello for Business. I have set up a camera on my PC. When I lock my PC via Windows key + L and leave the place,the camera continues to search for me. After a short time, the computer then goes into power saving mode.When I then sit...
  4. Windows Hello not defaulting to camera

Windows Hello not defaulting to camera: Hello all,we recently started using Windows Hello for Business. I have set up a camera on my PC. When I lock my PC via Windows key + L and leave the place,the camera continues to search for me. After a short time, the computer then goes into power saving mode.When I then sit...
  5. Windows Hello not defaulting to camera

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Hello not defaulting to camera: Hello all, we recently started using Windows Hello for Business. I have set up a camera on my PC. When I lock my PC via Windows key + L and leave the place, the camera continues to search for me. After a short time, the computer then goes into power saving mode. When I then...
  6. Windows Hello not defaulting to camera

Windows Hello not defaulting to camera: Hello all, we recently started using Windows Hello for Business. I have set up a camera on my PC. When I lock my PC via Windows key + L and leave the place, the camera continues to search for me. After a short time, the computer then goes into power saving mode. When I then...
  7. Windows Hello defaults to fingerprint reader instead of camera/face

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Hello defaults to fingerprint reader instead of camera/face: I have a laptop with both face and fingerprint unlock set up for Windows Hello. When I go to log in, it's correctly trying to do a face identification as soon as I wake the computer without any additional input required. However, if I need to authenticate Windows Hello for...
  8. Windows Hello defaults to fingerprint reader instead of camera/face

Windows Hello defaults to fingerprint reader instead of camera/face: I have a laptop with both face and fingerprint unlock set up for Windows Hello. When I go to log in, it's correctly trying to do a face identification as soon as I wake the computer without any additional input required. However, if I need to authenticate Windows Hello for...
  9. How to set default camera for Windows Hello? - Windows Hello multicamera support on Windows...

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    How to set default camera for Windows Hello? - Windows Hello multicamera support on Windows...: Hi all,On the new release of Windows 10 21H1 one new feature is Windows Hello multicamera support.See here for more information: Introducing the next feature update to Windows 10, version 21H1 Windows Experience BlogHaving installed the recent version 21H1 on my Surface...
  10. Windows Hello stopped defaulting to camera

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows Hello stopped defaulting to camera: Last year I used Windows Hello and camera successfully under Windows 10 Pro 1709. Meaning I turned it on and was unlocking my PC that way for months. Mind you, I always lock my PC when I step away from my computer or it would do that automatically after 10min of inactivity....