Windows 10: Windows Hello not recognizing Authentec Eikon USB fingerprint reader- not working

Discus and support Windows Hello not recognizing Authentec Eikon USB fingerprint reader- not working in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have two HP laptops. I just did a clean complete install of Windows 20H2 on one. The Eikon fingerprint reader I have no longer shows up in Device... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by MartinWalker6, Dec 28, 2020.

1. Windows Hello not recognizing Authentec Eikon USB fingerprint reader- not working

I have two HP laptops. I just did a clean complete install of Windows 20H2 on one. The Eikon fingerprint reader I have no longer shows up in Device Manager as a Biometric Input device- instead it shows up under Other Devices, with a yellow warning triangle that the driver is not installed. Windows was unable to find a driver for it. Windows Hello under settings says there is no compatible fingerprint reader installed. It also tells me there is no Windows Hello compatible camera installed, whereas before under the previous version it worked.

The other laptop was upgraded using an in-place upgrade to 20H2. It recognizes the Eikon, shows it under Biometric devices in Device Manager, that it is functioning properly. Under properties, it shows 5 files for the driver. I copied these into the proper directories on the non-functioning laptop, but that didn't change things. It still shows up under other devices, no driver, and still is not recognized for Windows Hello.

The laptop which works with the Eikon also shows no Windows Compatible Camera.

Any suggestions? I did a search for updated drivers and came up empty.

:)

MartinWalker6, Dec 28, 2020

2. Eikon Mini USB fingerprint reader not working in windows 10

Hi StealthyNinja473,

I am not sure if you found a resolution as yet. I had the same issue and was able to resolve it.

Windows 10 removed the AuthenTec software for the Eikon mini finderprint reader. Windows compatibility checker removed the software automatically, but did it in a very orderly fashion. The AuthenTec Eikon Mini driver still appeared under Biometric devices.

The way to resolve it is not to use the AuthenTec software as AuthenTec have not released updated software to my knowledge. Instead use Windows Windows Settings to add fingerprints on the Eikon Mini. To do this do the following:

1. Go to Windows Settings

2. Select Accounts

3. Select Sign-in Options

4. Select Set up under the Fingerprint heading

5. Select Get Started

6. Enter your PIN (don't hit enter) or password

7. Swipe your finger across the reader several times as prompted

8. Select Add Another Finger if you want to add more fingerprints

9. Select Close

10. Close Settings

11. Do cartwheel and rejoice, your Eikon Mini Fingerprint Reader is working again Windows Hello not recognizing Authentec Eikon USB fingerprint reader- not working :)

Regards

Richard

Richard Eccles (TAS), Dec 28, 2020
  3. Darksaber Win User
    Upek Eikon & Eikon To Go Fingerprint Readers

There are plenty of fingerprint readers out there and odds are that you may have used one here and there. Upek is one of the companies behind such units and also offers two very interesting retail products, which managed to surprise with both Windows and OS X functionality.

Show full review

Darksaber, Dec 28, 2020
  4. Windows Hello not recognizing Authentec Eikon USB fingerprint reader- not working

Eikon Mini USB fingerprint reader not working in windows 10

Original title: Eikon Mini Softwares

Hi, a few months ago I purchased an Eikon mini USB fingerprint reader. When I got the reader, I plugged it into my PC and set up my finger. I it has never logged me in to my computer since I got it. The package didn't say anything about software needed,
    but if I had questions to go to a certain website. When I did, it said: "This site is under construction." So I really am not sure what to do now about this. Is there a biometric software I need to download?

StealthyNinja473, Dec 28, 2020
Thema:

Windows Hello not recognizing Authentec Eikon USB fingerprint reader- not working

1. Windows Hello not recognizing Authentec Eikon USB fingerprint reader- not working - Similar Threads - Hello recognizing Authentec

2. fingerprint reader stops working in middle of windows hello

in Windows 10 Gaming
    fingerprint reader stops working in middle of windows hello: a few months ago my fingerprint reader stopped working so I tried to fix it but it did not work so I just removed my fingerprint from windows hello and gave up on it but when trying windows hello to add my fingerprint it works until in the second part where it wants you to...
  3. fingerprint reader stops working in middle of windows hello

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    fingerprint reader stops working in middle of windows hello: a few months ago my fingerprint reader stopped working so I tried to fix it but it did not work so I just removed my fingerprint from windows hello and gave up on it but when trying windows hello to add my fingerprint it works until in the second part where it wants you to...
  4. fingerprint reader stops working in middle of windows hello

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  5. Windows Hello & fingerprint reader not working

Windows Hello & fingerprint reader not working: I have an HP Spectre 360 and have always used Windows Hello or the fingerprint reader to sign in since I got it. But for the last few days it keeps telling me that a compatible webcam and fingerprint reader could not be found and I can only sign in with a pin. Any...
  6. Small usb fingerprint readers for Win Hello

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Small usb fingerprint readers for Win Hello: Hi, I was wondering if there are any small USB fingerprint readers for windows hello. I've looked at the list on amazon, I still feel they are too bulky, like too outward sticking as I would like to carry the reader with my laptop since my laptop doesn't have either Win hello...
  7. Windows Hello Fingerprint Reader Not Working

Windows Hello Fingerprint Reader Not Working: Dell Inspiron 7577 Built-in Goodix Fingerprint scanner Was working fine for 2 years. I removed my fingerprint then tried to re-add it and it is now grayed out. The scanner shows in the device manager. [ATTACH] Tried: Updating driver in device manager....
  8. AuthenTec AES2810 Fingerprint Reader Login Option For Windows 10 Not Available - Dell...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    AuthenTec AES2810 Fingerprint Reader Login Option For Windows 10 Not Available - Dell...: Greetings, I have a Dell Studio 1737 laptop with Windows 10 installed. I have an AuthenTec AES2810 Fingerprint Reader on my laptop, which has worked for years until I just upgraded from Vista to Windows 10 a few days ago. Everything is working except this last Fingerprint...
  9. My fingerprint reader does not work with Hello.

My fingerprint reader does not work with Hello.: Hello. I have a Lenovo ThinkPad W530 with a fingerprint reader on Windows 10 Pro (Upgraded from 7). In Settings>Accounts>Sign-in options, it says Windows Hello isn't available on my PC. Other people have the reader working with Windows Hello but not me. I tried installing the...
  10. Windows Hello and Eikon Finger Print reader?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows Hello and Eikon Finger Print reader?: I just built a new computer and transferred my Win10 license and fingerprint reader to it. However, Win Hello says the machine is not viable for Windows Hello. I believe I had this same problem on the old machine at first, but I can't remember what I di to fix it. I Saw a...