Windows 10: Windows Hello Not Recognizing Face

Discus and support Windows Hello Not Recognizing Face in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I'm having a problem where Windows Hello suddenly couldn't recognize my face. Not sure what would have triggered it, I don't believe any updates where... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by mikeating228, Jan 18, 2022.

1. Windows Hello Not Recognizing Face

I'm having a problem where Windows Hello suddenly couldn't recognize my face. Not sure what would have triggered it, I don't believe any updates where installed that would have affected it. I've tried almost every solution that I could find, including: Checking for updatesInstalling UpdatesImproving RecognitionRemoving & Restarting Recognition Uninstalling & reinstalling biometric devices driversUninstalling & reinstalling Camera DriversMy laptop is a Lenovo ThinkPad X1 Yoga 4th Gen

:)

mikeating228, Jan 18, 2022
  2. Edwin Win User

windows hello face problem...

List of Windows Hello supported Dell Laptops:

Windows Hello Not Recognizing Face [​IMG]

Edwin, Jan 18, 2022
  3. Windows Hello Recognizes Face Then Fails To Log In

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Sorry for inconvenience caused

I will surely assist you to rectify the issue.

Windows Hello is a more personal way to sign in to your Surface with just a look or a touch. The front-facing camera on Surface Pro 4 and Surface Book recognizes your face and iris, allowing you to sign in to Windows 10 without having to touch the screen
    or keyboard. Or, if you have a Surface Pro 4 and a Surface Pro 4 Type Cover with Fingerprint ID (sold separately), you can use the fingerprint reader on that Cover to sign in with a press of your finger.

I would suggest you to refer the article below and follow the troubleshooting steps mentioned in it and see if it helps:

Troubleshoot problems with Windows Hello on Surface

Hope this helps.

If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Deepak_Krishnan R, Jan 18, 2022
  4. Windows Hello Not Recognizing Face

Windows Hello Face Recognition Set up

Hi,

Please provide us below details to assist you better,

• How exactly you are trying to setup Windows Hello Face Recognition?
    • What is the error you are getting, while trying to setup Windows Hello Face Recognition?

A regular webcam will not work with Windows Hello. Windows 10 features Windows Hello, which provides new ways to authentication using biometrics including facial recognition.
    Since this is essentially 3-d detection, a camera with a specialized illuminated infrared camera is required.

I suggest you to try the below steps to setup Windows Hello Face Recognition and check if it helps.

• Open up "Settings" and click on "Accounts," then "Sign-in options."

• You need to set up a PIN code before you're allowed to use Windows Hello. So hit the "Add" button under "PIN" to set that up. Once you've done that the options to set up Windows Hello will unlock.

• You'll now see which options are available to set up under Windows Hello, Since we're looking at facial unlock you'll see an option for "Face." Click on "Set Up."

• The next screen will give you a little background on what Windows Hello is. Click on "Get started".

• The next step could happen incredibly quickly. Position yourself so your face is in the center of the frame that appears on screen. The camera will then do what it needs to do to register your face.

• Once you're set up you have an option that allows you to improve recognition.

• Now, when you go back to Settings you'll have the option again to improve recognition, remove your face, a toggle to turn on unlocking your PC when it sees your face and an added security option that will require you to turn your head
        left and right for verification.

For more information, refer to the below link:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/17215/windows-10-what-is-hello

Hope this information helps. Get back to us if you have any more queries on windows.

Thank you.

Krishna Priya V, Jan 18, 2022
Thema:

Windows Hello Not Recognizing Face

1. Windows Hello Not Recognizing Face - Similar Threads - Hello Recognizing Face

2. Windows Hello Face does not recognize my face

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows Hello Face does not recognize my face: Spec: Dell Inspiron 15 7000Win 10As the title says, Hello Face does not recognize me. I updated the drivers, deleted my face profile and installed it again. When I try to login it says Couldn't recognize you...
  3. Windows Hello Face doesn't recognize face

Windows Hello Face doesn't recognize face: Make and model: Dell Inspiron 15 7000Win 10 ProI try to login using my face but I receive a prompt stating "Couldn't recognize you. Enter your pin." The drivers are updated and I removed my face profile and configured it anew but I still receive the Couldn't recognize you...
  4. Windows Hello Face doesn't recognize face

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Hello Face doesn't recognize face: Make and model: Dell Inspiron 15 7000Win 10 ProI try to login using my face but I receive a prompt stating "Couldn't recognize you. Enter your pin." The drivers are updated and I removed my face profile and configured it anew but I still receive the Couldn't recognize you...
  5. Windows Hello Face doesn't recognize face

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Windows Hello Face Recognition Not Recognized

Windows Hello Face Recognition Not Recognized: Hi! Sorry to bother anyone reading this.I am trying to set up Windows Hello! face recognition but it says that my camera is not compatible. Do you need a special camera for this? Also, is there ant third-party software that I can use?Thanks....
  7. Windows Hello Not Recognizing Face

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Hello Not Recognizing Face: I'm having a problem where Windows Hello suddenly couldn't recognize my face. Not sure what would have triggered it, I don't believe any updates where installed that would have affected it. I've tried almost every solution that I could find, including: Checking for...
  8. Windows Hello Not Recognizing Face

Windows Hello Not Recognizing Face: I'm having a problem where Windows Hello suddenly couldn't recognize my face. Not sure what would have triggered it, I don't believe any updates where installed that would have affected it. I've tried almost every solution that I could find, including: Checking for...
  9. Hello face recognization not working

Hello face recognization not working: In the hello page of the settings of my laptop lenovo g50-30 it shows first that my laptop is compatible for the hello face recognization but when starts to load camera it shows error loading camera Please help �...
  10. Windows Hello Face Setup - Will not recognize a face

Windows Hello Face Setup - Will not recognize a face: Hi, I have a new laptop with an IR camera and I'm unable to complete setup for Windows Hello Face. The IR camera flashes normally, and the camera image is displayed. However, the setup window will not draw a box around my face regardless of ambient light or background....