Windows 10: Windows Hello not working anymore and i'm going crazy. Apr 19

Discus and support Windows Hello not working anymore and i'm going crazy. Apr 19 in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Problem: Been using windows hello on my laptop for a year now (since I bought it). I recently got a new pair of glasses, as windows wouldn't recognize... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by FedericoTucci1, Apr 8, 2019.

1. Windows Hello not working anymore and i'm going crazy. Apr 19

Problem: Been using windows hello on my laptop for a year now (since I bought it). I recently got a new pair of glasses, as windows wouldn't recognize my face anymore I tried the improve recognition option. It failed to open the camera saying that I should check if it worked properly and closed.

My approach to a solution:

1) Rebooted my pc. Same behavior. I thought It was weird because at start I saw the IR leds lighting up, it would search for my face, recognize me (without glasses) and login, but it wouldn't let me improve the recognition later. I opened the Camera app just to check. All good.

2) Did some research and checked for updates in Windows Update, then on the HP support assistant, then on device manager (biometrics and imaging devices), and then on Driver Booster, no relevant updates found on any of those. Updated everything just to be sure. Still the same problem.

3) I did a Recovery (keeping my files) to attempt to start again with a bugless windows installation. Still wouldn't let me improve the recognition.

4) I started to lose my mind at this and removed my face data, that wasn't a good idea as now I couldn't even set it up again. Still the "Couldn't open camera. Check if it works properly." message that closed fast.

5) This was going downhill as now I lost a lot of apps and my pc didn't want to even search for my face anymore.

6) Got to the 'Fresh start' option. Same story.

7) Did a recovery (removing everything) to get it really clean. With an empty PC still my problem persists.

8) Tried editing the group policy, but biometric devices wouldn't even show up there.

I have excluded some extra steps with drivers and solutions that others proposed that led me to nothing or worse scenarios.

My last hope is this forum honestly. Please don't bother to ask if my camera works or if it's IR because it obviously does and is, as windows hello WORKED before and it's what I had been using to login. Also I really don't move it from my desk so I can assure it hasn't been hit or wet.

Any help on this topic would be highly appreciated because I ran out of ideas. Thanks in advance.

specs: Hp spectre x360 13-ac0xx.

:)

FedericoTucci1, Apr 8, 2019

2. Radio Switch Device Error Code 19

Hi Kara,

Thank you for bringing up your query on Microsoft Community.

We sincerely regret for the inconvenience caused, and appreciate the steps you have taken so far to fix this issue.

The error code 19 describes that, Windows cannot start this hardware device because its configuration information (in the registry) is incomplete or damaged.

Recommended resolution

• Uninstall and reinstall the driver.
    • Revert to the most recent successful registry configuration.
    Before we could reset the computer to factory settings, I suggest you to refer to the below article and perform the troubleshooting steps suggested for error code 19.

Error codes in Device Manager in Windows.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/310123#bookmark-19

Hope it helps.

Let us know the status, we are happy to assist you further.

Abdul_Malik, Apr 8, 2019
  3. elmarconi Win User
    Windows Hello disappeared - Fingerprint not working anymore

Hi everyone,

I have a Elitebook 840 G2 with Windows 10 running on it. Since I use Win10, I was always logging in with Windows Hello and the built in fingerprint reader.

Today, I made a restart of Windows and some updates were installed. When I wanted to log in again, there was no login possible anymore with the fingerprint. Instead, I had to use the PIN. A short glimpse in the Settings revealed that there was no Windows
    Hello option anymore!

Although there are two drivers, a Synaptics Driver and a Validity Fingerprint Sensor Driver in my program list, the whole fingerprint reader does not work anymore. Does anyone have an idea where to get a new, correct Windows 10 driver or to troubleshoot
    to get Windows Hello back? In my opinion, it is all about convenience of logging in Windows Hello not working anymore and i'm going crazy. Apr 19 :)

Thank you for your response,

Marco

elmarconi, Apr 8, 2019
  4. Windows Hello not working anymore and i'm going crazy. Apr 19

Why is my Windows Hello not in sign-in option anymore?

Hi Enzo,

For us to provide you the possible resolution and the accurate information as to why Windows Hello doesn't work as a sign-in option on your computer anymore, answer the following questions:

• When did the issue start?
    • Can you tell us if there were any changes made on your computer prior to this concern (i.e., updates, software installation)?
    • Are you getting any error messages when trying to sign in using Windows Hello? If you do, a screenshot will be appreciated.
    • To make sure that we have not missed on anything, can you enumerate all the troubleshooting steps that have you done to resolve the issue?

Looking forward to the requested information for us to effectively assist you.

Lizette Ags, Apr 8, 2019
Thema:

Windows Hello not working anymore and i'm going crazy. Apr 19

1. Windows Hello not working anymore and i'm going crazy. Apr 19 - Similar Threads - Hello working anymore

2. BSOD Going crazy

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD Going crazy: I have done everything I can find on the subject of BSOD multiple errors, random.RAM - OKDrives - OKDrivers - UpdatedChipset - Updated to currentMemory dmp - https://1drv.ms/u/s!AjQkdFsggUhD0h6v3uX4mF19jcvs?e=JnSStw includes MTBRunning:AMD Ryzen 5 3600 6-Core Processor 3.60...
  3. Windows defender going crazy

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows defender going crazy: So windows defender is using 90 percent of CPU power during a full scan which it predicts the last 8 hours. **** is this. I can't even change defender's cpu affinity or priority. Is this normal?...
  4. Please somebody help me I'm going crazy lol.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Please somebody help me I'm going crazy lol.: So basically my windows 10 laptop was going super slow(wifi I mean) and I decided to run a speed test and found out I was literally running .25 download and .32 upload!!!! My phones 80 down 90 something upload. So it sent me down a big rabbit hole of ways to fix it like...
  5. screen going crazy

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    screen going crazy: first what looks like bubbles appear across the top of my screen, second my mouse disappears, third screen will zoom in and out, random dropdown menus will appear or random windows will open and close, finally I have to power off and back on to regain control....
  6. Fan going crazy . . .

in Windows 10 Support
    Fan going crazy . . .: Hi: My ASUS laptop fan has gone crazy lately. It runs wide open for a half a minute or more then shuts down to an idle, then goes up full blast again after a half a minute or so. It never ramps up or down, it's either idling or wide open. A complete restart doesn't help....
  7. Windows hello fingerprint not working anymore

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows hello fingerprint not working anymore: i have had my laptop since july 2018 and the fingerprint scanner worked fine. About a week ago i factory reset it and suddenly it stopped working to log me in. I went into log in settings and it said that my computer doesnt support windows hello. But i know it does because it...
  8. 365 going crazy

in Microsoft Office and 365
    365 going crazy: Recently, I have been unable to access my files without "signing in." When I click on "Sign in" I get a box asking me to insert my phone # or email. I am intermittently unable to type in the space provided. Should I chance to hit it just right, I then get a message that I...
  9. SCVHOST GOING CRAZY

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    SCVHOST GOING CRAZY: Please help me, I really hate scvhost it makes my gaming experience become lag it consumes a lot of internet connection and consume more priority than my dota2. some people say its windows update, but ive downloaded all of the update, please help me to permanently kill...
  10. Cursor is going crazy

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Cursor is going crazy: My cursor is flying all over the screen and there is a ghost cicle on the edge that is pulsing. When i have shut fown its okay gor a little bit the starts up again...