Windows 10: Windows hello not working because something went wrong with PIN.

Discus and support Windows hello not working because something went wrong with PIN. in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Hi, I am running Windows 10 Home on HP Omen-17 with Windows Hello Facial Recognition. I am able to set it up. But when I restart or Power down and... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by FirozHari, May 6, 2020.

1. FirozHari Win User

Windows hello not working because something went wrong with PIN.

Hi,

I am running Windows 10 Home on HP Omen-17 with Windows Hello Facial Recognition.

I am able to set it up. But when I restart or Power down and up again, The login screen is blank. I have to put it to sleep and re-enter.

When I do that, the error comes up saying "Something Wrong with your PIN...".

Please help.

:)

FirozHari, May 6, 2020
  2. Anne Ros Win User

Login with PIN and Hello

Hi Jean,

Windows 10 includes multiple options to sign-in to your account, including the ability to sign-in using a PIN and Windows Hello, which uses facial recognition. For us to provide a solution suited to your concern, we need additional information. Can
    you answer the questions below?

• How are you setting the PIN and Hello?
    • Which build version of Windows is your PC running on?
    • Were there any error codes or messages?

In the meantime, we suggest that you follow the steps below on how to set up PIN.

• Open Settings.
    • Select Accounts.
    • Click Sign-in options.
    • Click the Add button for the PIN and set your PIN.
    • Do the same for the Windows Hello.

Looking forward to your response.

Anne Ros, May 6, 2020
  3. Noor_Azam Win User
    Unable to setup Windows Hello, error: incorrect pin

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

May I know the complete error code or error message that you are receiving when you try to setup Windows Hello?

Do you have any other user account on the computer?

If yes, does Windows Hello work on that account?

If Windows Hello is not setup on other account, please setup it up and check if it works so that we can narrow down the issue for you.

I suggest to remove the pin and setup a new pin on the child account and check if it works with Windows Hello.

Please follow the steps below to remove and re-add the PIN:

• Press Windows logo key + I to open Settings.
    • Select Accounts.
    • Click on Sign-in options.
    • Under PIN, remove the pin. There will be prompt to enter password, enter the password and removed the PIN.
    • After the pin is removed, please click on
      Add to setup pin for the account.
    • After setting up a new PIN, try to set up Windows Hello.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Noor Azam S

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Noor_Azam, May 6, 2020
  4. Windows hello not working because something went wrong with PIN.

windows hello and pin

Hi,

This error code is usually caused by corrupted Windows system files. For better assistance, we would like to ask the following:

• What happens when you're trying to set up Windows Hello or a pin on your computer?
    • Is there an error message displayed when setting up Windows Hello or a pin?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • How did you reinstall Windows?

Looking forward to your reply so we can provide the best resolution for you.

Gerard Qui, May 6, 2020
Thema:

Windows hello not working because something went wrong with PIN.

1. Windows hello not working because something went wrong with PIN. - Similar Threads - hello working something

2. Windows Hello PIN Something went wrong. Try again later

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Hello PIN Something went wrong. Try again later: I wanted to remove the Windows Security feature for everytime I sign into my email or any other account on my browser. I tried removing Windows Hello, but it now wants me to sign into my microsoft email each and every time instead. This is a tedious process and I would have...
  3. Windows Hello PIN Something went wrong. Try again later

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Hello PIN Something went wrong. Try again later: I wanted to remove the Windows Security feature for everytime I sign into my email or any other account on my browser. I tried removing Windows Hello, but it now wants me to sign into my microsoft email each and every time instead. This is a tedious process and I would have...
  4. Windows 11 Windows Hello Pin Setup Something Went Wrong

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Windows Hello Pin Setup Something Went Wrong: Windows Hello Pin Setup "Something Went Wrong"When I try to open my laptop I get a message that pops up and says something along the lines of "Something went wrong and your pin isn't working" and I've always had to use my phone authenticator app to log into my laptop. I've...
  5. Windows 11 Windows Hello Pin Setup Something Went Wrong

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Windows Hello Pin Setup Something Went Wrong: Windows Hello Pin Setup "Something Went Wrong"When I try to open my laptop I get a message that pops up and says something along the lines of "Something went wrong and your pin isn't working" and I've always had to use my phone authenticator app to log into my laptop. I've...
  6. Windows Hello Fingerprint something went wrong and PIN issues Win11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Hello Fingerprint something went wrong and PIN issues Win11: Sometimes when I wake my laptop from sleep my fingerprint fails to work and doesnt give me a err code as seen in the 1st image so then I would go to type in my pin and it spits out an err code for the pin and asks me to reset it. as seen in the second photoI have gone through...
  7. windows hello pin: something went wrong try again later

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    windows hello pin: something went wrong try again later: hi recently I was prompted to change my pin but I wanted to change it again however I was unable to due to the message of something went wrong try again later and I was unable to access my NGC file but I managed to gain access to it via a third party app. I followed some...
  8. Windows Hello: Sorry - Something went wrong Asking for a pin

Windows Hello: Sorry - Something went wrong Asking for a pin: Hello, I have just recently attempted to improve my Windows Hello recognition. I also changed my windows Hello PIN. After I did this I tried to log in for better recognitions. It says Hi, dismiss the lock screen, but then asks me for the pin which does not normally occur,...
  9. Windows Hello PIN Something went wrong. Try again later

Windows Hello PIN Something went wrong. Try again later: I've had my PIN set up for quite some time and all the sudden I received a message that said my organization requires me to update my pin. This is a personal computer, it does not belong to any organization. Under the sign in options, Windows Hello Pin, I see a message that...
  10. Windows Hello stopped working - "something went wrong"

Windows Hello stopped working - "something went wrong": I have a surface pro 6 running windows 10 pro. About a week ago windows hello & windows pin stopped working. In settings, I cannot enable windows hello, it is greyed out, with an error saying "something went wrong. try again later"(see image below). Ive tried: - deleting...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. something went wrong. please sign in with your pin