Windows 10: Windows Hello not Working from October's Update

Discus and support Windows Hello not Working from October's Update in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; [ATTACH]I cant add Windows Hello from October's update in my Alienware 17 R4 ... I tried resetting and all , still nothing..... This recent New... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by ParabGourav, Nov 15, 2018.

1. Windows Hello not Working from October's Update

Windows Hello not Working from October's Update f9ea834f-63ce-4fc7-93d0-c38f53e56562?upload=true.png I cant add Windows Hello from October's update in my Alienware 17 R4 ... I tried resetting and all , still nothing..... This recent New September Update is also not able to fix this Problem... Pls help Windows Hello not Working from October's Update :( Windows Hello not Working from October's Update :( Windows Hello not Working from October's Update :( Windows Hello not Working from October's Update :( Windows Hello not Working from October's Update :(

:)

ParabGourav, Nov 15, 2018

2. My hello sign in stopped working.

Hi,

This problem that started after installing the last Windows update might be caused by outdated or corrupted device drivers. For us to better assist you, we'll be needing additional information:

• Are you pertaining on Windows Hello sign-in? If yes, does it mean that the facial recognition is not working?
    • Is there an error message displayed when using Windows Hello?

Meanwhile, it is better to check the status of Windows Hello sign-in option in your computer. To check the Windows Hello status, follow these steps:

• Click the Start button and select the Settings
      icon.
    • Choose Accounts from the list.
    • Select Sign-in options in the left pane of the window.
    • Under Windows Hello, kindly check the status of it.

As an initial troubleshooting step, we suggest keeping the device drivers like camera driver up-to-date. For your reference, check this article on how to
    update drivers in Windows 10.

We'll keep an eye out for your response.

Gerard Qui, Nov 15, 2018
  3. Windows October 2018 update problems

Hello.

The Windows 10 October Update has a lot of problems with lost files. So much so that Microsoft took it off the installation media list and has pulled it from updates in general for now.

If you can, I suggest reverting the update entirely.

What apps were lost? You may find them in windows.old.

For settings, you will have to reset them yourself (unless you have a restore point)

Zackary Vanosdol, Nov 15, 2018
  4. Windows Hello not Working from October's Update

Windows Hello not working properly

Hi Jim,

For us to properly isolate the issue with your Windows Hello, we would like to know the following:

• Were there any changes made on your computer prior to the issue (e.g. updates, software installation)?
    • To make sure that we have not missed on anything, what specific troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, we suggest that you try reinstalling your camera driver to resolve the issue.

We look forward to your response.

Michael Gall, Nov 15, 2018
Thema:

Windows Hello not Working from October's Update

1. Windows Hello not Working from October's Update - Similar Threads - Hello Working October's

2. Windows Hello not working after an update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Hello not working after an update: Hi,After updating my windows 11 with KB5017497 Surfacebook 2, Windows hello stopped working. Is this a common issue ? how can I fix it ?The error message I get is "We couldn't activate the camera". After logging with my PIN, I checked the camera and it works fine.Thanks....
  3. Windows Hello not working after an update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Hello not working after an update: Hi,After updating my windows 11 with KB5017497 Surfacebook 2, Windows hello stopped working. Is this a common issue ? how can I fix it ?The error message I get is "We couldn't activate the camera". After logging with my PIN, I checked the camera and it works fine.Thanks....
  4. October Windows Update caused num lock not to work

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    October Windows Update caused num lock not to work: I have an HP laptop which was updated last night. Is Microsoft aware of the num lock issue? How can I fix this issue? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/october-windows-update-caused-num-lock-not-to-work/cf7ed3d6-af47-4b74-837c-f45378826f95
  5. Windows hello not working after update

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows hello not working after update: I had recently update my laptop and the windows hello is not working. It ask me for my pin code every time. Before it use to unlock with IR camera. It is Dell inspiron 13-5378 After update it say ca it turn on camera....
  6. Windows Hello Not working since October Update

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows Hello Not working since October Update: Since I did a fresh install of the October update, I haven't been able to use the windows hello feature. This is on a surface pro 4, which is domain joined. I have tried changing the group policy settings but still nothing. Under the PIN setting in Sign-in options it says...
  7. October windows update

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    October windows update: so after the October mystery update, microsoft has crashed our Quickbooks files and basically stopped my business. I have spent time with Intuit and an IT guy cost thousands and still do not have everything restored. Microsoft needs to fix it now...
  8. Hello - problem after Windows 10 October 2018 Update

Hello - problem after Windows 10 October 2018 Update: A few days ago I updated to October 2018! After restart, this error occurs: " "Windows created a temporary paging file on your computer because of a problem that occurred with your paging file configuration when you started your computer. The total paging file size for...
  9. windows october update

windows october update: i have updated to the latest version of windows and now i got the news that on some computers the update has deleted files. will i get any updates regarding this? including for those who are still running in the latest version?...
  10. windows october update

windows october update: will those who have already updated to the latest version of windows also receive the debugged update? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-october-update/ad09abb0-11ab-4517-86d6-24b6f770546c

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows hello not working

2. alienware 17 r4 hello login stopped working

3. windows hello not working after october update

4. windows 1809 update windows hello not working,
  5. windows hello not working after october 2018 update,
  6. alienware 17 r4 windows hello not working october 2018 update