Windows 10: Windows Hello not working. How to remove?

Discus and support Windows Hello not working. How to remove? in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I have a Surface Pro 7 that is quite new. Windows Hello Face was working fine for a few weeks but all of a sudden comes up with "Something went wrong"... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by rebeccaturton1, Mar 6, 2020.

1. Windows Hello not working. How to remove?

I have a Surface Pro 7 that is quite new. Windows Hello Face was working fine for a few weeks but all of a sudden comes up with "Something went wrong" or something along those lines and asks me to input my pin instead.

It seems I have tried everything to try to fix this. I have run troubleshooters, checked for driver updates, checked for system updates, restarted services and disabled then enabled the relevant drivers, as well as temporarily disabling my antivirus to see if that was the issue.

Seeing as no fix that I've found online has worked, is there a way I can just remove Windows Hello Face? In the sign-in settings, the option to remove it is greyed out as it is listed as unavailable as it cannot find a compatible camera although I own a Surface Pro and it worked before. However every time I turn on my laptop it spends a while with the WH eye logo trying to open the camera or something before telling me to input my pin, which is annoying.

So if anyone has some last-ditch solution to fix my problem, or can tell me a way to remove Windows Hello so it stops trying to start up with my laptop, I would very much appreciate it!

:)

rebeccaturton1, Mar 6, 2020

2. Windows Hello not working.

I only noticed this after the most recent update, but not sure that is the cause. I've followed some fix suggestions like removing/reinstalling the Hello driver and the IR front camera driver, but that has not solved the problem. When I go to the sign-in options I see the message "Windows Hello is preventing some options from being shown".

Windows Hello not working. How to remove? [​IMG]

CalypsoArt, Mar 6, 2020
  3. My hello sign in stopped working.

Hi,

This problem that started after installing the last Windows update might be caused by outdated or corrupted device drivers. For us to better assist you, we'll be needing additional information:

• Are you pertaining on Windows Hello sign-in? If yes, does it mean that the facial recognition is not working?
    • Is there an error message displayed when using Windows Hello?

Meanwhile, it is better to check the status of Windows Hello sign-in option in your computer. To check the Windows Hello status, follow these steps:

• Click the Start button and select the Settings
      icon.
    • Choose Accounts from the list.
    • Select Sign-in options in the left pane of the window.
    • Under Windows Hello, kindly check the status of it.

As an initial troubleshooting step, we suggest keeping the device drivers like camera driver up-to-date. For your reference, check this article on how to
    update drivers in Windows 10.

We'll keep an eye out for your response.

Gerard Qui, Mar 6, 2020
  4. Vesao Win User

Windows Hello not working. How to remove?

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:
      Code:
      net user test /del

Vesao, Mar 6, 2020
Thema:

Windows Hello not working. How to remove?

1. Windows Hello not working. How to remove? - Similar Threads - Hello working remove

2. How to remove Windows Hello

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to remove Windows Hello: I have purchased a new PC, which came with Windows 10 Pro 22H2 pre-installed. I only use Local Accounts not Microsoft Accounts. I want to use it as a headless PC and set it up to autologin to a Local Standard User account. In the past, I've used "netplwiz" to do this but I...
  3. How to remove Windows Hello

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to remove Windows Hello: I have purchased a new PC, which came with Windows 10 Pro 22H2 pre-installed. I only use Local Accounts not Microsoft Accounts. I want to use it as a headless PC and set it up to autologin to a Local Standard User account. In the past, I've used "netplwiz" to do this but I...
  4. How to remove Windows Hello

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  5. How to remove Windows Hello

How to remove Windows Hello: I have just received a new PC with Windows 10 Pro 22H2 installed. I bought this to transfer my Home Automation system Virtual Machine from a Synology NAS. I plan to run this as a headless machine, accessible through Remote Desktop.The supplier states that Windows 10 22H2...
  6. How to remove Windows Hello

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to remove Windows Hello: I have just received a new PC with Windows 10 Pro 22H2 installed. I bought this to transfer my Home Automation system Virtual Machine from a Synology NAS. I plan to run this as a headless machine, accessible through Remote Desktop.The supplier states that Windows 10 22H2...
  7. How to remove Windows Hello

8. how to remove PIN Windows Hello

how to remove PIN Windows Hello: Hi,in my Windows 11 I tried to used login with "Fingerprint recognition" and "PIN". After some time I found that this choice did not suit me and I wanted to remove it. I succesfuly remove Fingerprint, but for PIN the button "Remove" is greyed out. see attached screenshotI...
  9. How To Remove Windows Hello PIN

How To Remove Windows Hello PIN: I just installed a fresh copy of Windows 10 Pro and signed in with my good old Microsoft Account I have been using for years. It told me I needed to create a PIN. I remembered being asked that before and skipping it. But today there's no cancel button. I HAVE to create a...
  10. How to remove Windows Hello

How to remove Windows Hello: I want to remove windows hello from my computer. And the common response of: Start > Settings > Accounts > Sign in options > Remove. DOES NOT WORK, STOP TELLING ME TO DO THAT!!! I don't have a remove button, and I even selected NEVER in the list but it still asks me...