Windows 10: Windows Hello not working on Windows 10

Discus and support Windows Hello not working on Windows 10 in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; My computer won't let me sign in using any of the Windows Hello features fingerprint scanner, face scanner, etc.... It was working when I first got my... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by ChrisGiroux1, Nov 8, 2020.

1. Windows Hello not working on Windows 10

My computer won't let me sign in using any of the Windows Hello features fingerprint scanner, face scanner, etc.... It was working when I first got my laptop, but one day it showed an error message and now when I try to access them in my settings it just says "Something went wrong. Try again later." All of my drivers are updated and this problem has persisted for a while. How do I make my Windows Hello sign in options available again?

:)

ChrisGiroux1, Nov 8, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Nov 8, 2020
  3. Monk.e83 Win User
    Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Nov 8, 2020
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows Hello not working on Windows 10

Windows 10 Tweaks

As you may already know, Windows 10 (as well as Windows 8) allow you to log in with a valid Microsoft account, instead of creating a local account that only works on your machine. However, you may prefer to keep a local account for privacy reasons. If you do, though, some Windows 10 features—like Cortana—may not work. Despite the default behavior, the Windows 10 Store is not one of them. You can still log in to your Microsoft account for just the Store without switching to a full Microsoft account. The process, however, is not terribly obvious. To do so, follow these steps:

• Launch the Store from your Start menu.
    • Click the user icon next to the search box.
    • Click “Sign-in” from the menu that appears.
    • Choose “Microsoft account” and log in like normal.
    • When the “Make it yours” box appears do not enter your password. Instead, click “Sign in to just this app instead.”
    from Lifehacker

Ahhzz, Nov 8, 2020
Thema:

Windows Hello not working on Windows 10

1. Windows Hello not working on Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Hello working

2. Why isn't my 'Hello Face' not working?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why isn't my 'Hello Face' not working?: All of my other password sign in options are working except for the Hello Face one. The camera works perfectly fine. But why is it saying this? Help please......
  3. Why isn't my 'Hello Face' not working?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why isn't my 'Hello Face' not working?: All of my other password sign in options are working except for the Hello Face one. The camera works perfectly fine. But why is it saying this? Help please......
  4. Windows Hello feature dosen't work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Hello feature dosen't work: Dear team,Please help me out in solving this error. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-hello-feature-dosent-work/fe182de5-5d13-44ae-b79d-caff0c504d21
  5. Windows Hello feature dosen't work

Windows Hello feature dosen't work: Dear team,Please help me out in solving this error. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-hello-feature-dosent-work/fe182de5-5d13-44ae-b79d-caff0c504d21
  6. Windows Hello sign in via picture password gesture recently stopped working

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Hello sign in via picture password gesture recently stopped working: This is a domain joined machine running windows 10; For at least a year i have been using the same Windows Hello picture password gesture to sign on to my machine with no issues. However, i was recently out of the office for a few days and when I returned that Monday, I was...
  7. whenever I try to set up my windows hello fingerprint, after 7 or 8 tries it does not work,...

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    whenever I try to set up my windows hello fingerprint, after 7 or 8 tries it does not work,...: I have cleaned the sensor several tries. Exactly after 7 or 8 tries it does not work. Please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/whenever-i-try-to-set-up-my-windows-hello/5935ec59-a4ff-4a44-8230-7dc67d7c8ee9
  8. whenever I try to set up my windows hello fingerprint, after 7 or 8 tries it does not work,...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    whenever I try to set up my windows hello fingerprint, after 7 or 8 tries it does not work,...: I have cleaned the sensor several tries. Exactly after 7 or 8 tries it does not work. Please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/whenever-i-try-to-set-up-my-windows-hello/5935ec59-a4ff-4a44-8230-7dc67d7c8ee9
  9. whenever I try to set up my windows hello fingerprint, after 7 or 8 tries it does not work,...

10. How do I get Window Hello to work again

How do I get Window Hello to work again: I have just gotten a HP EVNY. I have setup face recognition and pin for my computer locked screen. Face recognition worked one week and now it will not start one the open window. Face Recognition, Pin number, and Fingerprint all show "This option is currently unavailable" in...