Windows 10: Windows Hello not working properly

Discus and support Windows Hello not working properly in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I just purchased a new Dell laptop with windows 11. I am trying to get facial recognition to work. After shutting down the laptop and opening up again,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by JimRogers3, May 20, 2024.

1. Windows Hello not working properly

I just purchased a new Dell laptop with windows 11. I am trying to get facial recognition to work. After shutting down the laptop and opening up again, the screen comes up with the time and a background picture. It says below the camera that "something went wrong". Please sign in with PIN. When I sign in with PIN, I get a notification that states "Problem with windows Hello. Pls go through set up again to fix. I have checked the camera and it is working. I have checked to make sure all the apps can access the camera. I have checked for window updates. I have checked facial recognition

:)

JimRogers3, May 20, 2024

2. Windows Hello not working properly

Hi Jim,

For us to properly isolate the issue with your Windows Hello, we would like to know the following:

• Were there any changes made on your computer prior to the issue (e.g. updates, software installation)?
    • To make sure that we have not missed on anything, what specific troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, we suggest that you try reinstalling your camera driver to resolve the issue.

We look forward to your response.

Michael Gall, May 20, 2024
  3. Remon Ont Win User
    Windows not working properly

Thank you for the information.

We suggest that you try to run Hardware and Device troubleshooter using the steps below:

• Write Troubleshooting in the search box and hit enter.
    • Select the Hardware and Device options from the list.
    • Click Run the troubleshooter.
    We also suggest that you update the keyboard driver and check if it work.

Hope it helps. Keep us posted.

Remon Ont, May 20, 2024
  4. Xylee Del Win User

Windows Hello not working properly

Hi,

For us to help you with your Windows Hello concern, we'd like to know more. Kindly answer the following questions for clarification:

• What is the current build and version number of your Windows 10? To check, press the Windows key, type
      winver, and press the Enter key.
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • How is your phone linked to your Windows 10 computer?

Kindly get back to us for further assistance.

Xylee Del, May 20, 2024
Thema:

1. Windows Hello not working properly - Similar Threads - Hello working properly

2. Windows Hello not working properly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Hello not working properly: I just purchased a new Dell laptop with windows 11. I am trying to get facial recognition to work. After shutting down the laptop and opening up again, the screen comes up with the time and a background picture. It says below the camera that "something went wrong". Please...
  3. Windows Hello Face Recognition not working properly.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Hello Face Recognition not working properly.: Hello there,I am running Windows 11 on my Razor Blade Stealth. What I have noticed in my system is that, sometimes the face recognition won't work. By that I mean when I turn on my laptop or even wake it up from sleep, for the first login it works. From then onwards if I use...
  4. Windows Hello Face Recognition not working properly.

Windows Hello Face Recognition not working properly.: Hello there,I am running Windows 11 on my Razor Blade Stealth. What I have noticed in my system is that, sometimes the face recognition won't work. By that I mean when I turn on my laptop or even wake it up from sleep, for the first login it works. From then onwards if I use...
  5. Windows Hello, "Could not turn on camera make sure it's working properly"

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Hello, "Could not turn on camera make sure it's working properly": [ATTACH]So I have had this problem for forever, Ive Updated to the latest software, Updated my drivers, and even looked through community tabs similar to this one. Does anyone know how to fix this?...
  6. Windows hello not working properly

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows hello not working properly: Yesterday only I got my new laptop. And after few failures of finger scanning my finger print scanner has stopped working. now i get only login pin or password as an option. I tried few options after looking up on internet. kindly help me. Attaching the screenshot also....
  7. Windows Hello not working. Error: Couldn't open camera, check if it works properly"

Windows Hello not working. Error: Couldn't open camera, check if it works properly": Problem: Been using windows hello on my laptop for a year now (since I bought it). I recently got a new pair of glasses, as windows wouldn't recognize my face anymore I tried the improve recognition option. It failed to open the camera saying that I should check if it worked...
  8. windows hello isn't available in this device on my hp it was working properly

windows hello isn't available in this device on my hp it was working properly: I have a hp envy x360 8th with IR camera and the sign on camera featured worked until recently. My updates are up to date and when I check Sign in options I now see that Windows Hello isn't available on this device. What happened and how can I fix it. I can still sign on...
  9. Win Hello 10 not working properly - need gped.msc

Win Hello 10 not working properly - need gped.msc: My Win Hello is not working right. The red indicator that it is looking for u doesn't flash. Then it says can't find the camera. The camera works but not for this application. When I go to program win hello, it says to make sure your face is in the box. Well first the...
  10. Hello my operating system doesn't seem to work properly.

in Windows 10 Support
    Hello my operating system doesn't seem to work properly.: Yesterday I tried to start my computer like I do any other day, but today when I started it, I couldn't open start (nor use windows key to do so) search bar didn't work only some of the icons worked. There is also some blank spaces where it seems there used to be icons oh and...