Windows 10: Windows Hello Not working since October Update

Discus and support Windows Hello Not working since October Update in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Since I did a fresh install of the October update, I haven't been able to use the windows hello feature. This is on a surface pro 4, which is domain... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by darrenhutchings1, Jan 31, 2019.

1. Windows Hello Not working since October Update

Since I did a fresh install of the October update, I haven't been able to use the windows hello feature. This is on a surface pro 4, which is domain joined. I have tried changing the group policy settings but still nothing.

Under the PIN setting in Sign-in options it says something went wrong. Try again later.

I have done the NGC folder clear out, but It hasn't made a difference for me. The file is gone, and I am still getting the error message. SFC /scannow and DISM both come up clean. Everything else seems to be working. Any other ideas?

:)

darrenhutchings1, Jan 31, 2019

2. My hello sign in stopped working.

Hi,

This problem that started after installing the last Windows update might be caused by outdated or corrupted device drivers. For us to better assist you, we'll be needing additional information:

• Are you pertaining on Windows Hello sign-in? If yes, does it mean that the facial recognition is not working?
    • Is there an error message displayed when using Windows Hello?

Meanwhile, it is better to check the status of Windows Hello sign-in option in your computer. To check the Windows Hello status, follow these steps:

• Click the Start button and select the Settings
      icon.
    • Choose Accounts from the list.
    • Select Sign-in options in the left pane of the window.
    • Under Windows Hello, kindly check the status of it.

As an initial troubleshooting step, we suggest keeping the device drivers like camera driver up-to-date. For your reference, check this article on how to
    update drivers in Windows 10.

We'll keep an eye out for your response.

Gerard Qui, Jan 31, 2019
  3. Windows October 2018 update problems

Hello.

The Windows 10 October Update has a lot of problems with lost files. So much so that Microsoft took it off the installation media list and has pulled it from updates in general for now.

If you can, I suggest reverting the update entirely.

What apps were lost? You may find them in windows.old.

For settings, you will have to reset them yourself (unless you have a restore point)

Zackary Vanosdol, Jan 31, 2019
  4. Windows Hello Not working since October Update

Windows Hello not working properly

Hi Jim,

For us to properly isolate the issue with your Windows Hello, we would like to know the following:

• Were there any changes made on your computer prior to the issue (e.g. updates, software installation)?
    • To make sure that we have not missed on anything, what specific troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, we suggest that you try reinstalling your camera driver to resolve the issue.

We look forward to your response.

Michael Gall, Jan 31, 2019
Thema:

Windows Hello Not working since October Update

1. Windows Hello Not working since October Update - Similar Threads - Hello working since

2. Windows 11 Cant install updates since October

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Cant install updates since October: I have not updated my current windows 11 device like since October, i receive updates but when trying to install them it errors out, so i am stuck with the build 22H2 22621.521The error i get is 0x800f0831, i have tried running troubleshooter and it just gets stuck on...
  3. Windows 11 Cant install updates since October

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Cant install updates since October: I have not updated my current windows 11 device like since October, i receive updates but when trying to install them it errors out, so i am stuck with the build 22H2 22621.521The error i get is 0x800f0831, i have tried running troubleshooter and it just gets stuck on...
  4. Computer Not Updating Since End of October

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer Not Updating Since End of October: Since end of October I have not been able to update my computer. After the last update in October, my computer started acting funny. IE would not open. Cannotdownload Office. Updates will not install. The start up page store/people etc. will not open. Ive tried resetting...
  5. Unstable Windows Environment Since October 2019 Update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Unstable Windows Environment Since October 2019 Update: 04/05/2020 - I am running an HP Pavilion p6724y Desktop - Updated from Windows 7 to Windows 10, as soon as it was released Pentium E5700 Processor - 4GB RAM, 1TB HDD, Intel GMA x4500 Integrated Graphics Windows v. 1903 - Build 18362.657 Yes, this is an older computer,...
  6. Since latest October 2019 Windows 10 update, printer is not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Since latest October 2019 Windows 10 update, printer is not working: Office Word says Epson X100 series printer is not set up properly and has not worked since latest Windows 10 update https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/since-latest-october-2019-windows-10-update/8ed36798-7bd3-49b8-a630-8612f6cf5331
  7. is there anyway to get the October windows update since the May one will not work on this...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    is there anyway to get the October windows update since the May one will not work on this...: Client sent me his old dell laptop as its stuck on 1709 and not able to update, he just now got around to sending it in. Anyway, since the latest update, 1903 doesn't seem to be allowing the laptop to update if there is an sd card or usb attached, which is needed for...
  8. No Windows Updates Since October

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    No Windows Updates Since October: I thought it was odd that i hadn't been able to update anything in ages. so i googled to see if anyone else had this issue & google almost blew up lol. i saw people having issues with files getting deleted, & many other things. i never NOTICED anything getting deleted but 99%...
  9. No sound since October Windows 10 update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No sound since October Windows 10 update: I'm NOT tech savvy at all, so I'm about to lose my mind. Ever since the Windows 10 update in October, Windows says that I have no microphone plugged in, although it's plugged in. This is a problem in Zoom (which I use every single day for my work), Facebook, Skype, etc. I...
  10. Windows Hello not Working from October's Update

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows Hello not Working from October's Update: [ATTACH]I cant add Windows Hello from October's update in my Alienware 17 R4 ... I tried resetting and all , still nothing..... This recent New September Update is also not able to fix this Problem... Pls help :( :( :( :( :(...