Windows 10: Windows Hello Not Working(Surface Laptop 2)

Discus and support Windows Hello Not Working(Surface Laptop 2) in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; My windows hello was working perfectly until a few days ago. On the lock screen, the window hello icon(wi-fi thing) appeared and said getting ready and... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Agaro7, Dec 31, 2018.

1. Agaro7 Win User

Windows Hello Not Working(Surface Laptop 2)

My windows hello was working perfectly until a few days ago. On the lock screen, the window hello icon(wi-fi thing) appeared and said getting ready and was stuck on it. Therefore, I had to use my pin to log in. Anybody know how to fix this ty.

:)

Agaro7, Dec 31, 2018
  2. Brink Win User

Boot Surface Laptop to USB - no Volume button

Hello Jimmy, Windows Hello Not Working(Surface Laptop 2) :)

This doesn't list the "Surface Laptop", but you might give it a try to see.

*Arrow Boot Microsoft Surface from a USB device

Otherwise, you should be able to use OPTION ONE below to boot from the USB from advanced startup.

*Arrow Boot from USB Drive on Windows 10 PC Windows 10 Installation Upgrade Tutorials

Brink, Dec 31, 2018
  3. Marc Cai Win User
    Windows Hello-Surface Laptop

Hi Merissa

Thanks for bringing this to the community and sorry for the delays. We're you able to find solution these passed days? If so, please let the community know that steps that you've done to address it, so it may help others who have the save concern.

Are you also using Surface device? If so, and you're still having the same issue, you may want to try these methods:

A.Fix common Surface problems
    using the Surface Diagnostic Toolkit.

B. Roll back the the Surface Camera Windows Hello driver:

It was said in this thread that rolling the said driver
    back to its previous state resolved the same concern. To do it:

• Click on Cortana and type Device Manager.
    • Open Device Manager.
    • Expand System devices.
    • Look for Surface Camera Windows Hello and long press on the item to bring up the right-click options.
    • Choose Properties.
    • Go to the Driver tab.
    • Click on Roll Back Driver.
    • Restart your device.

Feel free to get back to us with any results.

Marc Cai, Dec 31, 2018
  4. Windows Hello Not Working(Surface Laptop 2)

Surface Laptop 2 keyboard not working after windows installation

I just purchased a Surface Laptop 2 (black I7 16GB Australia Model) spent an arm and a leg on it just to find it doesn’t even come pre-I staled with Windows 10 Pro (come on Microsoft, if you want to be like apple on your hardware
    prices at least supply the entire goods) so I downloaded a copy of Windows 10 Pro, created a bootable flash disk, installed Pro 64x on the surface, wiped the drives clean of course, everything is perfect EXCEPT the keyboard on the laptop no longer works...

My troubleshooting steps.

1. Bought another surface pro Laptop exactly the same fresh out of the box did a backup of the drivers and then attempted to restore them back onto the other unit. No luck keyboard still won’t work.
    2. Attempted uninstalling the keyboard devices from device manager and then updating the drivers automatically, still no luck
    3. Completed all windows updates.
    4. Download the surface diagnostics tool, no luck it just crashes every time I start it.
    5. Boot in safe mode and attempt to run the surface diagnostics tool again, same ball... still crashes.
    6. Tried re-installing windows multiple times, still the exact same issue.
    7. Purchased one of those driver update softwares, no luck just killed the machine had to reinstall windows again.

What’s the problem? Literally EVERYTHING works, just not the built in keyboard.

Keyboard works fine when booting Int EUFI

Plugging an external keyboard in works fine.

What’s next?

Jake Mathew, Dec 31, 2018
Thema:

Windows Hello Not Working(Surface Laptop 2)

1. Windows Hello Not Working(Surface Laptop 2) - Similar Threads - Hello Working Surface

2. Windows Hello stopped working on my Surface Book 2

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows Hello stopped working on my Surface Book 2: My Surface book 2 running Edition Windows 10 Pro Version 20H2 Installed on ‎2/‎24/‎2021 OS build 19042.844 Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.551.0 no longer does Windows Hello. TPM is fully activated and the drivers for Windows Hello are the latest....
  3. Windows Hello on Surface Book Not working

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows Hello on Surface Book Not working: Hello all I have a surface book 2 and all of a sudden the windows Hello camera has stopped logging me on. The acutal camera is working but Hello is not. I have tried to remove fascial data but when I try to set it back up, camera and my face comes on the screen but all...
  4. Touch screen not working Surface Laptop 2

Touch screen not working Surface Laptop 2: Computer went completely dead - would not respond to power key. Found holding power key for 10 seconds and it came back to life, but subsequently found touch screen no longer works. All win 10 and firmware updates applied. Booted holding vol+ and power key for 30 seconds and...
  5. Touchpad not working - Surface Laptop 2

Touchpad not working - Surface Laptop 2: My touchpad stopped working after a few months. I think it is the I2C HID Device that is the cause [ATTACH] I have tried to uninstall the driver and the restart the computer and in the beginning it worked but then after a while I got the same error again. But now it...
  6. Facial Recognition not working on Surface Laptop 2

Facial Recognition not working on Surface Laptop 2: Face recognition became very unreliable, for no reason that I can see. Sometimes it works, but more often, it does not. I have to wait for a long time until it gives up and I can enter the PIN. I tried to delete my recognition information and started again, but this did not...
  7. Windows Hello has disappeared on Surface Book 2

Windows Hello has disappeared on Surface Book 2: Hi there, I was a member of the Insider program on my Surface Book 2 15", but a bug in the recent builds forced me to roll back to the creator's update with a fresh install. Most everything is working well now (much better than on the 19H1 builds), except that the ability...
  8. Surface Laptop 2 keyboard not working after windows installation

Surface Laptop 2 keyboard not working after windows installation: I just purchased a Surface Laptop 2 (black I7 16GB Australia Model) spent an arm and a leg on it just to find it doesn’t even come pre-I staled with Windows 10 Pro (come on Microsoft, if you want to be like apple on your hardware prices at least supply the entire goods) so I...
  9. Windows Hello not working on Microsoft Surface Laptop

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Hello not working on Microsoft Surface Laptop: Windows Hello was working fine on my device, a 2018 Microsoft Surface Laptop with Windows 10. However, 1 day it just stopped working. I have tried the following steps based on several articles: - Completed all Windows updates - Set a new PIN - Updated all drivers for...
  10. surface 2 laptop issues

in Windows 10 Customization
    surface 2 laptop issues: hello, i have surface 2 laptop, win 10 O.S . its a corp laptop. every time i wake it up from hibernate, laptop stuck and CPU is 100 precent. any idea why? also sometimes when i use office with that laptop, CPU is to high. thanks...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows hello surface laptop 2

2. surface laptop 2 windows 10 1909 windows hello not working

3. windows hello surface laptop