Windows 10: Windows Hello not working

Discus and support Windows Hello not working in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; So I haven't opened my HP ENVY x360 laptop in a while so I don't know what happened. I just opened my laptop one day and noticed that both the... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by RazelDP, Jan 25, 2020.

1. RazelDP Win User

Windows Hello not working

So I haven't opened my HP ENVY x360 laptop in a while so I don't know what happened. I just opened my laptop one day and noticed that both the fingerprint and the facial recognition wouldn't work. Based on my search on the net most of them blamed it on the updates but those were past cases. So I still don't know how to fix this. Does anyone here know how to fix this problem?

:)

RazelDP, Jan 25, 2020

2. My hello sign in stopped working.

Hi,

This problem that started after installing the last Windows update might be caused by outdated or corrupted device drivers. For us to better assist you, we'll be needing additional information:

• Are you pertaining on Windows Hello sign-in? If yes, does it mean that the facial recognition is not working?
    • Is there an error message displayed when using Windows Hello?

Meanwhile, it is better to check the status of Windows Hello sign-in option in your computer. To check the Windows Hello status, follow these steps:

• Click the Start button and select the Settings
      icon.
    • Choose Accounts from the list.
    • Select Sign-in options in the left pane of the window.
    • Under Windows Hello, kindly check the status of it.

As an initial troubleshooting step, we suggest keeping the device drivers like camera driver up-to-date. For your reference, check this article on how to
    update drivers in Windows 10.

We'll keep an eye out for your response.

Gerard Qui, Jan 25, 2020
  3. Monk.e83 Win User
    Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Jan 25, 2020
  4. Windows Hello not working

Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

The tutorials provided are just a list of troubleshooting steps. Use only the steps which apply to you.

Since none of the troubleshooting steps here worked, I'd suggest you do a Clean install.

John

AmericanPharaoh, Jan 25, 2020
Thema:

Windows Hello not working

1. Windows Hello not working - Similar Threads - Hello working

2. Installed windows 10 build 1909 and my hello stopped from working

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Installed windows 10 build 1909 and my hello stopped from working: Hi My laptop's HP Omen 17-an005 Hello camera stopped working after installing win10 1909. Tried to roll back to older driver version for the camera, but it didnt change the situation. In Settings Hello says "we couldn't find a camera compatible with windows hello face."...
  3. Face recognition stopped working in Windows Hello

in Windows 10 Customization
    Face recognition stopped working in Windows Hello: When I purchased a laptop, I set up Windows Hello and it was working fine. Then I deleted that user’s account and created a new one. But I cannot configure Windows Hello for this new user. I receive a message that Something went wrong: it looks like you've already setup...
  4. hello fingerprint not working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    hello fingerprint not working: lenovo has already replaced the hardware last week but when I try to redo the fingerprint setup , after clicking setup and when I placed my finger to setup, there is no response. ( no crash though). I checked googled and tried all kinds of solutions but I wasn't able to....
  5. Keyboard doesn't work at sign-in or Windows Hello, Windows 10

Keyboard doesn't work at sign-in or Windows Hello, Windows 10: The keyboard on my HP Spectre does not work at the sign-in screen. I can work around the problem by choosing "Sign-in Options" and then choosing the Password icon - the keyboard works in that field. I have followed every piece of advice I have found in multiple threads, but...
  6. windows hello not working

windows hello not working: my face recognition isnt working when i try to use it on my surface pro 6 windows ten computer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-hello-not-working/5ab72b3a-3bad-450b-9a01-1a4d5c1b64ad
  7. why window hello face is not working in my leptop

why window hello face is not working in my leptop: hello face is not working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-window-hello-face-is-not-working-in-my-leptop/c0076b9d-5475-4bcf-b890-02d9b99c6929
  8. windows hello face not working

windows hello face not working: when I go into sign in options and click on windows hello face it says that it could not find a camera that is compatible with windows hello face https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-hello-face-not-working/cd2a9cdb-f97c-4bbf-9c38-4f660434f747
  9. Windows Hello Not Working

Windows Hello Not Working: Hi, Recently, when I opened my Surface Pro 6, instead of windows hello functioning as expected it said 'sorry, something went wrong. Please sign in with your pin'. I checked settings and it said 'we couldn't find a camera compatible with windows hello face' So, I looked...
  10. Windows Hello Face Recognition not working for the local admin account of a non-domain...

Windows Hello Face Recognition not working for the local admin account of a non-domain...: I work in the IT Support of a company and after a Windows update the Admin-Account is no longer able to setup face recognition, event viewer gives me an bioenrollmenthost.exe error. I did a reinstall, update drivers, DISM, sfc/scan, deleting stuff from WinBioDatabase,...