Windows 10: Windows Hello Not Working

Discus and support Windows Hello Not Working in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Hi, Recently, when I opened my Surface Pro 6, instead of windows hello functioning as expected it said 'sorry, something went wrong. Please sign in... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Thomas Alban, Jan 30, 2020.

1. Windows Hello Not Working

Hi,

Recently, when I opened my Surface Pro 6, instead of windows hello functioning as expected it said 'sorry, something went wrong. Please sign in with your pin'. I checked settings and it said 'we couldn't find a camera compatible with windows hello face' So, I looked around at other forums and found something saying that I should re-install the drivers by deleting them then restarting my computer. So I did this, but the drivers did not install. note, before I uninstalled the drivers there was something saying Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. Code 43 . I have tried updating windows to the latest version and this didn't help.

What should I do to get windows hello working again?

Thanks

:)

Thomas Alban, Jan 30, 2020

2. My hello sign in stopped working.

Hi,

This problem that started after installing the last Windows update might be caused by outdated or corrupted device drivers. For us to better assist you, we'll be needing additional information:

• Are you pertaining on Windows Hello sign-in? If yes, does it mean that the facial recognition is not working?
    • Is there an error message displayed when using Windows Hello?

Meanwhile, it is better to check the status of Windows Hello sign-in option in your computer. To check the Windows Hello status, follow these steps:

• Click the Start button and select the Settings
      icon.
    • Choose Accounts from the list.
    • Select Sign-in options in the left pane of the window.
    • Under Windows Hello, kindly check the status of it.

As an initial troubleshooting step, we suggest keeping the device drivers like camera driver up-to-date. For your reference, check this article on how to
    update drivers in Windows 10.

We'll keep an eye out for your response.

Gerard Qui, Jan 30, 2020
  3. Monk.e83 Win User
    Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Jan 30, 2020
  4. Windows Hello Not Working

Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

The tutorials provided are just a list of troubleshooting steps. Use only the steps which apply to you.

Since none of the troubleshooting steps here worked, I'd suggest you do a Clean install.

John

AmericanPharaoh, Jan 30, 2020
Thema:

Windows Hello Not Working

1. Windows Hello Not Working - Similar Threads - Hello Working

2. Windows Hello stopped working, how do I fix it?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Hello stopped working, how do I fix it?: Hello,I have been running the same windows 10 pc for a couple years now with no issue. About a month ago I started my pc for the day as normal and my PIN didn't work. Instead it told me to log in with my Microsoft password. After doing some digging it appears that Windows...
  3. Windows Hello stopped working, how do I fix it?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Hello stopped working, how do I fix it?: Hello,I have been running the same windows 10 pc for a couple years now with no issue. About a month ago I started my pc for the day as normal and my PIN didn't work. Instead it told me to log in with my Microsoft password. After doing some digging it appears that Windows...
  4. Windows Hello stopped working, how do I fix it?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. windows hello is not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows hello is not working: windows hello fingerprint is not working. i can't sign in to windows hello https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-hello-is-not-working/72eefac9-fc78-44b6-ae2b-cac7657355a1
  6. windows hello is not working

windows hello is not working: windows hello fingerprint is not working. i can't sign in to windows hello https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-hello-is-not-working/72eefac9-fc78-44b6-ae2b-cac7657355a1
  7. Hello I have an Acer A315-55g laptop and I just changed my battery. The computer works but...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hello I have an Acer A315-55g laptop and I just changed my battery. The computer works but...: Hello I have an Acer A315-55g laptop and I just changed Hello I have an Acer A315-55g laptop and I just changed my battery. The computer works but when I open battery or power setting, the setting just crashes. The battery saver button is also unable....
  8. Hello I have an Acer A315-55g laptop and I just changed my battery. The computer works but...

Hello I have an Acer A315-55g laptop and I just changed my battery. The computer works but...: Hello I have an Acer A315-55g laptop and I just changed Hello I have an Acer A315-55g laptop and I just changed my battery. The computer works but when I open battery or power setting, the setting just crashes. The battery saver button is also unable....
  9. Windows Hello Fingerprint not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Hello Fingerprint not working: Windows Hello Fingerprint not working, I can only use PIN as sign in on my computer. HELP! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-hello-fingerprint-not-working/7165b4c5-7398-4358-af5e-c383e26e1b2c
  10. Windows Hello Fingerprint not working

Windows Hello Fingerprint not working: Windows Hello Fingerprint not working, I can only use PIN as sign in on my computer. HELP! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-hello-fingerprint-not-working/7165b4c5-7398-4358-af5e-c383e26e1b2c

Users found this page by searching for:

1. facial recognition camnt find camera surface pro

2. www.windowsphoneinfo.com

3. windows hello face not working