Windows 10: Windows Hello on my next Microsoft laptop

Discus and support Windows Hello on my next Microsoft laptop in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Microsoft totally disabled face and fingerprint recognition in Windows Hello on my current laptop. This is permanent. Various technicians have... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Jada L, Jan 16, 2019.

1. Jada L Win User

Windows Hello on my next Microsoft laptop

Microsoft totally disabled face and fingerprint recognition in Windows Hello on my current laptop. This is permanent. Various technicians have attempted to install a new BIOS driver, to no avail. Sign-in Options shows a statement that face and fingerprint recognition are not available on this device. The reason for this disabling is that my Lenovo fingerprint reader failed repeatedly and I kept re-entering my fingerprint until I had reached the 10-fingerprint limit, which I had no idea existed. I now know, too late, that I should have done a clean install of the driver. I still can use my pin and password, so logging on is not a problem. My question concerns whether I will be able to use Microsoft Hello's fingerprint reader and facial recognition on the next Microsoft laptop I purchase. Or does the issue apply to any future devices using my Microsoft account? Thank you.

:)

Jada L, Jan 16, 2019

2. Microsoft Hello

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

1. Have you made any changes on your computer prior to this issue?
    2. Do you have access to another administrator account on your computer?
    3. Have you recently updated or upgraded your pc?

I suggest you try to login using the onscreen keyboard and enter your credential carefully and check if that helps. Follow the below steps to use on screen keyboard.

1. Select the Ease of Access
      button in the lower-right corner of the sign-in screen.
    2. Select On-Screen Keyboard.

Reply with the information, so that we can help you further.

Sandeep Kumar M

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Sandeep_KM, Jan 16, 2019
  3. Surface laptop windows hello

Hi,

Regarding your issue after updating to Windows pro. In order for us to assist you, please answer the following questions below:

• Are there any error message?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

To isolate the issue, we suggest to run this article:
    Windows update troubleshooter
    . It contains troubleshooting steps if you are having issues after and before the updates.

We look forward to your response.

Phillip Pio, Jan 16, 2019
  4. n-ster Win User

n-ster, Jan 16, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows Hello on my next Microsoft laptop - Similar Threads - Hello next Microsoft

2. Hello Microsoft teams, My Window 11 laptop is not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hello Microsoft teams, My Window 11 laptop is not working: Hello Microsoft teams, My keyboard stopped working while using it . Inorder to know what could be the issue , I went to my settings and did about 15 optional updates available in my device. After that my system keeps restarting but doesn't boot on. And keeps popping up...
  3. Hello Microsoft teams, My Window 11 laptop is not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hello Microsoft teams, My Window 11 laptop is not working: Hello Microsoft teams, My keyboard stopped working while using it . Inorder to know what could be the issue , I went to my settings and did about 15 optional updates available in my device. After that my system keeps restarting but doesn't boot on. And keeps popping up...
  4. Re: Transferring windows 11 pro to my next laptop?

Re: Transferring windows 11 pro to my next laptop?: I bought a new laptop a week ago. I do not like it.I downloaded windows 11 pro for $99 from the microsoft store. How can I be sure I can transfer this to my new laptop when I buy it. I'm going to delete from this computer before I return it. Thank you...
  5. Windows Hello is not working for my laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Hello is not working for my laptop: Heeya! I am trying to use this feature on windows laptop but is not working for my devicePlease help ! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-hello-is-not-working-for-my-laptop/c2f5610e-7513-4803-a4ad-b65de0931275
  6. Windows Hello is not working for my laptop

Windows Hello is not working for my laptop: Heeya! I am trying to use this feature on windows laptop but is not working for my devicePlease help ! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-hello-is-not-working-for-my-laptop/c2f5610e-7513-4803-a4ad-b65de0931275
  7. Microsoft Hello on My New Laptop Stopped Working

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Microsoft Hello on My New Laptop Stopped Working: Good day, I have a 1 day old laptop, and am facing issues with Microsoft Hello, as shown below. Please assist! Thank you. [ATTACH]...
  8. Windows Hello Face not working Microsoft Laptop Go

Windows Hello Face not working Microsoft Laptop Go: I recently purchased a Microsoft Laptop Go. The Windows Hello Face is not working, saying that my camera is not compatible. Only thing I have done so far is to switch out of Windows S. My Windows appears to be up to date. I opened the Camera app, and it appears to be...
  9. Microsoft Hello not on laptop but laptop requires it to do anything

Microsoft Hello not on laptop but laptop requires it to do anything: Hello, I am trying to switch my account as I have the minecraft windows 10 edition on my other account and would like to download it onto my laptop. When I try to log in however, it asks for Windows Hello. My laptop isn't compatible with windows hello... It won't accept my...
  10. Windows Hello not working on Microsoft Surface Laptop

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Hello not working on Microsoft Surface Laptop: Windows Hello was working fine on my device, a 2018 Microsoft Surface Laptop with Windows 10. However, 1 day it just stopped working. I have tried the following steps based on several articles: - Completed all Windows updates - Set a new PIN - Updated all drivers for...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. 2019 windows hello laptop

2. hello-enable your microsoft account