Windows 10: Windows Hello options not working

Discus and support Windows Hello options not working in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Hi, I have Dell XPS laptop, and had the fingerpint login working. At some moment, I tried to enable the face recognition. From that moment on, the... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Pieter van Kampen pieter, Apr 12, 2021.

1. Windows Hello options not working

Hi, I have Dell XPS laptop, and had the fingerpint login working. At some moment, I tried to enable the face recognition. From that moment on, the pincode login and fingerprint login no longer worked.

When I go to Settings, Login options, I can set a pincode. It goes through the steps, and nothing seems wrong. Except, when I am done, there is nothing to indicate that the pincode has been set. The only options is to set it again, and again, and again. recommended.

The pin code login does not show at the login screen, but as explained above, also not in the Settings, Login options.

I have removed the files in the ngc folter, and cleared the TPM.

I don't want to reinstall Windows, because there is nothing to guarantee that this will not happen again.

Anyone with any new suggestions?

:)

Pieter van Kampen pieter, Apr 12, 2021

2. Windows hello option is not available

Hello,

Thank you for writing to us.

Please be informed, in order to use Windows Hello you will need a compatible “depth” camera compatible device. Facial authentication will need a 3D depth camera to get it working. No existing webcams will not work. Additional features like
    finger print authentication will work with any existing fingerprint sensor devices.

In order to active this feature, you must have the right hardware and the driver is installed.

Follow the below steps to configure Windows Hello.

• Head to “Settings” and then click on “Accounts”, and next on “Sign-in options”.

• Set up a PIN code (ignore this step if you already did) by click on “Add” button. Once you have done that step, the options to set up Windows Hello will visible.

• You will see an option named “Face”, just click on “Set Up”.

• Click on “Get started”.

• Move yourself to the front of the camera and make sure your face is in the center of the frame. It will automatically register your face to the system.

• There is an improvement option in the next step to improve recognition. Use it if you wear glasses (or not). It will help to make sure you are recognized in quality.

Hope the above information is helpful. If you need further information, feel free to write to us and we would be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Sayan_Ghosh, Apr 12, 2021
  3. My hello sign in stopped working.

Hi,

This problem that started after installing the last Windows update might be caused by outdated or corrupted device drivers. For us to better assist you, we'll be needing additional information:

• Are you pertaining on Windows Hello sign-in? If yes, does it mean that the facial recognition is not working?
    • Is there an error message displayed when using Windows Hello?

Meanwhile, it is better to check the status of Windows Hello sign-in option in your computer. To check the Windows Hello status, follow these steps:

• Click the Start button and select the Settings
      icon.
    • Choose Accounts from the list.
    • Select Sign-in options in the left pane of the window.
    • Under Windows Hello, kindly check the status of it.

As an initial troubleshooting step, we suggest keeping the device drivers like camera driver up-to-date. For your reference, check this article on how to
    update drivers in Windows 10.

We'll keep an eye out for your response.

Gerard Qui, Apr 12, 2021
  4. Windows Hello options not working

Windows Hello not working.

I only noticed this after the most recent update, but not sure that is the cause. I've followed some fix suggestions like removing/reinstalling the Hello driver and the IR front camera driver, but that has not solved the problem. When I go to the sign-in options I see the message "Windows Hello is preventing some options from being shown".

Windows Hello options not working [​IMG]

CalypsoArt, Apr 12, 2021
Thema:

Windows Hello options not working

1. Windows Hello options not working - Similar Threads - Hello options working

2. Window Hello options are not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Window Hello options are not working: I have a lenovo yoga laptop and it will no longer let me use any Windows Hello options- face id nor fingerprintwhich i was able to use the whole time ive been using this computer up until a few months ago. Whenever i go into settings, and try to reset it, it just says 'this...
  3. Window Hello options are not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Window Hello options are not working: I have a lenovo yoga laptop and it will no longer let me use any Windows Hello options- face id nor fingerprintwhich i was able to use the whole time ive been using this computer up until a few months ago. Whenever i go into settings, and try to reset it, it just says 'this...
  4. windows hello fingerprint and hello face sign in option not working.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    windows hello fingerprint and hello face sign in option not working.: Hi thereMy fingerprint scanner on my DELL vostro 3400 is not working. I receive an error message when viewing the sign in options "Couldn't find a fingerprint scanner compatible with Windows Hello Fingerprint".I've checked Device Manager to ensure that it is set to Automatic...
  5. Windows Hello not working for any sign in option

Windows Hello not working for any sign in option: I've got my fingerprint and pin sign in set up on my laptop. But when I try to sign in with my fingerprint it says that my pin is required to sign in. Then when I put in my pin, I'm given the Error message: "something happened and your pin isn't available, please sign in...
  6. Windows Hello Options

Windows Hello Options: Hi, Dear Recipient......!!!! I am fine, hope you will also be enjoying your life. Dear.... I am facing an issue with my machine. It is Dell Lattitude 3510 Core i5 10th generation machine. I've configuredWindows 10 Pro on it. Its version is: 20H2 OS Build 19042.746. I want...
  7. Windows Hello sign-in options isn't working.

Windows Hello sign-in options isn't working.: I had opened my laptop one morning and the fingerprint sign-in option had stopped working. When I checked my settings, it had said there wasn't a Windows Hello fingerprint pad found. I do, in fact, have a fingerprint pad and had been using it since yesterday night. Does...
  8. Windows Hello sign in options stopped working

Windows Hello sign in options stopped working: I've been using the Windows Hello fingerprint to sign into my Thinkpad T460S for the past 3 years when it stopped working all of a sudden, along with the Windows Hello PIN. Now all Windows Hello options say they are currently unavailable, and when clicked into, that...
  9. Windows Hello options not working

Windows Hello options not working: Upon updating the BIOS in my HP Envy x360 I was prompted to set up my pin and fingerprint again. After doing this i wanted to set up a second fingerprint, as i had before, but am unable to use any of the options through windows hello in settings, i updated my fingerprint...
  10. Windows Hello Options Not Working

Windows Hello Options Not Working: Hello everyone : This morning I booted up my Windows 10 HP Omen. I have a short and sweet pin that I normally use as my password. At sign in the laptop prompted me that I needed to update my pin. I did not see a way to bypass this, so I figured I'd update my pin, log in,...