Windows 10: Windows Hello options unavailable

Discus and support Windows Hello options unavailable in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I just reset my Thinkpad X380 to fix a driver issue and now I can't set up a pin or use fingerprint as all the Windows Hello options are greyed out and... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by zennrix, Sep 14, 2019.

1. zennrix Win User

Windows Hello options unavailable

I just reset my Thinkpad X380 to fix a driver issue and now I can't set up a pin or use fingerprint as all the Windows Hello options are greyed out and say currently unavailable. When I click on them I am given a something went wrong message.

Also, many settings pages have a message saying options are managed by my organization, even though this is my personal laptop. I have attached a screenshot here: https://imgur.com/I59xt9I

:)

zennrix, Sep 14, 2019
  2. CrazyKats Win User

No Windows hello option on my HP Probook?

What build of Windows 10 is on the Probook?

If you go to Settings, Accounts and Sign In

options and you don't see Windows Hello in

the option list, then I would say your device

is not capable of Windows Hello.

I see Windows Hello in my list, but it says

"this option is currently unavailable".

CrazyKats, Sep 14, 2019
  3. Windows hello option is not available

Hello,

Thank you for writing to us.

Please be informed, in order to use Windows Hello you will need a compatible “depth” camera compatible device. Facial authentication will need a 3D depth camera to get it working. No existing webcams will not work. Additional features like
    finger print authentication will work with any existing fingerprint sensor devices.

In order to active this feature, you must have the right hardware and the driver is installed.

Follow the below steps to configure Windows Hello.

• Head to “Settings” and then click on “Accounts”, and next on “Sign-in options”.

• Set up a PIN code (ignore this step if you already did) by click on “Add” button. Once you have done that step, the options to set up Windows Hello will visible.

• You will see an option named “Face”, just click on “Set Up”.

• Click on “Get started”.

• Move yourself to the front of the camera and make sure your face is in the center of the frame. It will automatically register your face to the system.

• There is an improvement option in the next step to improve recognition. Use it if you wear glasses (or not). It will help to make sure you are recognized in quality.

Hope the above information is helpful. If you need further information, feel free to write to us and we would be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Sayan_Ghosh, Sep 14, 2019
  4. Anne Ros Win User

Wireless mouse "driver is unavailable" issues

Hi,

The error Driver is unavailable means that there is no available driver installed for your mouse that’s why it is not working. We suggest that you check the mouse driver from the device manager. Follow the steps below:

• Open Device Manager.
    • Look for Mice and other pointing devices and click it to expand.
    • Check if there is a driver for the wireless mouse.

If there is none, we suggest that you visit the manufacturer’s website of the mouse and download then install the latest mouse driver compatible to Windows 10.

Get back to us if you need further assistance.

Anne Ros, Sep 14, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows Hello options unavailable - Similar Threads - Hello options unavailable

2. Windows Hello Sign-In Options Unavailable

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows Hello Sign-In Options Unavailable: Hi there,I'd like to add a PIN to my new computer as it's just so much quicker than typing my password, but all the Windows Hello Sign-In options are greyed out and unavailable. Obviously since it said to try again later, I waited a day, but the same thing is still happening....
  3. Windows Hello Sign-In Options Unavailable

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Hello Sign-In Options Unavailable: Hi there,I'd like to add a PIN to my new computer as it's just so much quicker than typing my password, but all the Windows Hello Sign-In options are greyed out and unavailable. Obviously since it said to try again later, I waited a day, but the same thing is still happening....
  4. Windows hello options unavailable

Windows hello options unavailable: I've already asked for help on this but I guess I'll need to ask again. My windows hello options are unavailable and I don't know how to get them back. They were working before and then I one day when I went to log on my computer it stopped working. I have an Asus vivobook...
  5. Windows Hello "This option is currently unavailable"

Windows Hello "This option is currently unavailable": I can not just my finger print to log in anymore. Everything says not available. Please help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-hello-this-option-is-currently-unavailable/932b1d90-0b53-4aa7-b325-54dca7a597b1
  6. Windows Hello Face option unavailable

Windows Hello Face option unavailable: I have just purchased a Dell Vostro 5401 running Windows 10 Pro 19042.630. I started the laptop and was unable to use facial recognition. I get the message shown in the image below. [ATTACH] How can I resolve this to get it to work? Thanks in advance...
  7. Windows Hello - This option is currently unavailable

Windows Hello - This option is currently unavailable: I used to use PIN and fingerprint to sign in to my laptop but suddenly it stopped working and I was forced to use my password. When I checked my sign-in options, it says that Windows Hello sign-in options are unavailable. I have checked to make sure that my system is up to...
  8. Windows Hello "This option is currently unavailable"

Windows Hello "This option is currently unavailable": Hello, my Windows Hello Fingerprint and PIN have recently stopped working. I went into the settings it says that this option is currently unavailable and that "something went wrong, try again later." The Windows Hello Face works, but it just doesn't recognise me. How do I...
  9. Windows Hello This option is currently unavailable

Windows Hello This option is currently unavailable: Hello, I am using Lenovo IP320 Laptop System SKU : LENOVO_MT_80XL_BU_idea_FM_ideapad 320-15IKB I have a inbuilt camera in my laptop, then i would like to know why i am not able to use face unlock in windows hello, my laptop is updated with latest version till the date....
  10. Windows Hello "This option is currently unavailable"

Windows Hello "This option is currently unavailable": Hello, my Windows Hello facial recognition has recently stopped recognizing me after I changed glasses. I went into the settings to improve the recognition but the options to improve recognition or remove it are grayed out and it says that this option is currently unavailable...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows hello face this option is currently unavailable

2. windows hello option not vurrently available

3. windows hello this option is currently unavailable

4. the option is currently unavailable windows hello,
  5. windows hello option currently unavailable,
  6. hello windows pun unavalaibl;e,
  7. windows this option is currently unavailable,
  8. how to fix sign in options say options clearly unavalable,
  9. windows hello option is currently unavailable,
  10. windows 10 pro cant change pin option currently unavailable,
  11. windows 10 pin option currently unavailable