Windows 10: Windows Hello Options

Discus and support Windows Hello Options in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Hi, Dear Recipient......!!!! I am fine, hope you will also be enjoying your life. Dear.... I am facing an issue with my machine. It is Dell... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Faqir Hussain, Jan 15, 2021.

1. Windows Hello Options

Hi,

Dear Recipient......!!!! I am fine, hope you will also be enjoying your life.

Dear.... I am facing an issue with my machine. It is Dell Lattitude 3510 Core i5 10th generation machine. I've configuredWindows 10 Pro on it. Its version is: 20H2 OS Build 19042.746. I want to activate Windows Hello Fingerprint as a sing-in option. I've set my Windows password, PIN and all it required.

Once I perform my fingerprint registration, this step completes successfully giving no error. However, once I go to sign-in using same finger, it is not recognized and I have to sign-in using PIN and/or password.

The similar problem I have with Windows Hello Face option. Once I want to activate this option, it gives error at initial stage saying "We couldn't find a camera compatible with Windows Hello Face". The only option working with me from Windows Hello family is the PIN option.

I request to resolve my problem at the earliest.

With Best Regards,

Faqir Hussain

:)

Faqir Hussain, Jan 15, 2021

2. Windows hello option is not available

Hello,

Thank you for writing to us.

Please be informed, in order to use Windows Hello you will need a compatible “depth” camera compatible device. Facial authentication will need a 3D depth camera to get it working. No existing webcams will not work. Additional features like
    finger print authentication will work with any existing fingerprint sensor devices.

In order to active this feature, you must have the right hardware and the driver is installed.

Follow the below steps to configure Windows Hello.

• Head to “Settings” and then click on “Accounts”, and next on “Sign-in options”.

• Set up a PIN code (ignore this step if you already did) by click on “Add” button. Once you have done that step, the options to set up Windows Hello will visible.

• You will see an option named “Face”, just click on “Set Up”.

• Click on “Get started”.

• Move yourself to the front of the camera and make sure your face is in the center of the frame. It will automatically register your face to the system.

• There is an improvement option in the next step to improve recognition. Use it if you wear glasses (or not). It will help to make sure you are recognized in quality.

Hope the above information is helpful. If you need further information, feel free to write to us and we would be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Sayan_Ghosh, Jan 15, 2021
  3. jaison Win User
    Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

Hello! For me the options appear equal to the friend up, but in the game there is no effect 5.1. I followed the steps R2.71 A1 (Alternative method).
    I need to do another procedure? Thanks.

jaison, Jan 15, 2021
  4. Windows Hello Options

windows Hello states it isn't available on this device

Hi Tom,

Try few of the troubleshooting steps below and check if you are able to access Windows Hello.

Step 1: I suggest you to run
    Hardware and Devices troubleshooter
    as it checks for common problems and makes sure that any new device or hardware connected to your PC is installed correctly.

• Press Windows key from the keyboard, type
      Troubleshooting and select it.
    • Click on view all option on the upper left corner of
      Troubleshooting window.
    • Select the Hardware and Device
      options from the list.
    • Click Next to run the
      Hardware and Device
      Troubleshooter.

Step 2: Also, I suggest you to update the bio-metric finger print reader from Device Manager and check if it helps.

• Press Windows + X from the keyboard, click on Device Manager.
    • Right click on Bio-metric finger print reader, click on
      Properties
    • Go to Drivers tab, click on Update driver software.

Step 3: I recommend you to install all the pending updates on your device and check if it helps.

Steps:

• Connect to the internet.
    • Press Windows key and type updates.
    • Click on Check for updates.
    • Under Windows Updates, click on Check for updates.
    • Try to install the updates being shown.

For more information refer:
    Windows Hello and privacy: FAQ

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of accessing the Windows Hello feature for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Jan 15, 2021
Thema:

Windows Hello Options

1. Windows Hello Options - Similar Threads - Hello Options

2. Windows Hello "This option is currently unavailable"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Hello "This option is currently unavailable": Hi,I have been having issues with my Windows Hello. It started with my previous laptop which I replaced recently, Windows Hello facial recognition was already set up on it. But then out of nowhere it didn't recognize me and when I went to redo facial recognition it said "This...
  3. Windows Hello "This option is currently unavailable"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Hello "This option is currently unavailable": Hi,I have been having issues with my Windows Hello. It started with my previous laptop which I replaced recently, Windows Hello facial recognition was already set up on it. But then out of nowhere it didn't recognize me and when I went to redo facial recognition it said "This...
  4. why does my settings say that my facial recognition and windows hello pin option is...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why does my settings say that my facial recognition and windows hello pin option is...: when I go to settingswindows 11 > sign in options > ways to sign in, I see that my facial recognition and pin both under windows hello says that 'this option is currently unavailable. i also cannot change my pin or edit anything regarding those 2. it says 'this option is...
  5. why does my settings say that my facial recognition and windows hello pin option is...

why does my settings say that my facial recognition and windows hello pin option is...: when I go to settingswindows 11 > sign in options > ways to sign in, I see that my facial recognition and pin both under windows hello says that 'this option is currently unavailable. i also cannot change my pin or edit anything regarding those 2. it says 'this option is...
  6. I need to change the sign in PIN Windows Hello; however, "This option is currently...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I need to change the sign in PIN Windows Hello; however, "This option is currently...: I need to change the sign in PIN Windows Hello on my laptop. However, in Settings; Sign-in options; PIN Windows Hello; the option is grayed out and says, "This option is currently unavailable". Can this be fixed?...
  7. I need to change the sign in PIN Windows Hello; however, "This option is currently...

I need to change the sign in PIN Windows Hello; however, "This option is currently...: I need to change the sign in PIN Windows Hello on my laptop. However, in Settings; Sign-in options; PIN Windows Hello; the option is grayed out and says, "This option is currently unavailable". Can this be fixed?...
  8. Changing windows pin without hello/windows hello pin this option is not currently...

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Changing windows pin without hello/windows hello pin this option is not currently...: Hi!I couldn't change my windows login pin code, because the settings said "This option is not currently unavailable" and requested a corporate or a school account to proceed, but since I don't have either one, I had to figure out something else. I had this problem, but solved...
  9. Changing windows pin without hello/windows hello pin this option is not currently...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Changing windows pin without hello/windows hello pin this option is not currently...: Hi!I couldn't change my windows login pin code, because the settings said "This option is not currently unavailable" and requested a corporate or a school account to proceed, but since I don't have either one, I had to figure out something else. I had this problem, but solved...
  10. Changing windows pin without hello/windows hello pin this option is not currently...