Windows 10: Windows hello password fingerprint 2FA and PIN????

Discus and support Windows hello password fingerprint 2FA and PIN???? in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Windows forces me to use a PIN but I don't want to remember a password and a PIN i already have 2FA but I do like a fingerprint but that requires a PIN... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Wouter23817361, Aug 27, 2023.

1. Windows hello password fingerprint 2FA and PIN????

Windows forces me to use a PIN but I don't want to remember a password and a PIN i already have 2FA but I do like a fingerprint but that requires a PIN also? It's just to much to remember all those PIN's that are required for apps banking insurance windows why would a password and a PIN be easier than a password alone. Should I use the same PIN for all my apps and accounts on all devices?

:)

Wouter23817361, Aug 27, 2023
  2. Wullail Win User

Enable Fingerprint Sign In Without PIN Sign In (Windows Hello)

I don't think you can , the PIN is a backup in-case the fingerprint fails.

Wullail, Aug 27, 2023
  3. tjc4 Win User
    Enable Fingerprint Sign In Without PIN Sign In (Windows Hello)

So I just reinstalled Windows 10 on my machine.

Before I had it set up so that I could log in with a password or fingerprint.

Now it seems my only options are (1) password only OR (2) password, PIN or fingerprint.

I don't want PIN as a sign in option. But I have to enable PIN via "Windows Hello" before enabling Fingerprint sign in.

And once I have fingerprint sign in enabled, if I remove the PIN I lose both PIN and fingerprint sign in options.

Any ideas how I can set up password and fingerprint as my only two sign in options?

4. chris_80 Win User

Windows hello password fingerprint 2FA and PIN????

Windows Hello - PIN and Fingerprint not working anymore

First, this is similar with
    this question
    , but that thread is locked with no solution.

After some months of fingerprint login working fine, after some update few months ago fingerprint stopped working, error message like "windows hello encountered a problem and stopped working".

- noticed that PIN is not set up anymore

- tried to set up PIN or fingerprint - not working (fingerprint sensor was not even recognized by Hello, even though Dell tools verification was ok).

- reinstalled fingerprint sensor driver, managed to determine Hello to find sensor and allowed to set up fingerprint until near the end when it requested for a PIN to be setup. asked for my password but the next screen (to enter PIN twice) never appears

- deleted Ngc folder, recreated, managed to set up PIN individually

- when I try to set up fingerprint click on Get Started, asks for PIN, and after I enter the PIN the popup disappear but does't go to the next step with sensor, stays there with only the Cancel button visible.

To answer obvious questions:

- windows updates done. no change

- new account created and tried to set up. same issues with fingerprint setup, at the end not setting up PIN or I set up PIN separately on fingerprint start does not go further than entering PIN after Get Started.

chris_80, Aug 27, 2023
Thema:

Windows hello password fingerprint 2FA and PIN????

1. Windows hello password fingerprint 2FA and PIN???? - Similar Threads - hello password fingerprint

2. Issue with Windows Hello PIN and fingerprint

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issue with Windows Hello PIN and fingerprint: I nearly forgot my PIN so I tried quite a few times and eventually logged in. After logging in I deleted my PIN and I was then unable to add it again. Same for my fingerprint. Now it says that the option is currently unavailable and when i click the arrow down it says...
  3. Issue with Windows Hello PIN and fingerprint

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Issue with Windows Hello PIN and fingerprint: I nearly forgot my PIN so I tried quite a few times and eventually logged in. After logging in I deleted my PIN and I was then unable to add it again. Same for my fingerprint. Now it says that the option is currently unavailable and when i click the arrow down it says...
  4. Windows hello password fingerprint 2FA and PIN????

Windows hello password fingerprint 2FA and PIN????: Windows forces me to use a PIN but I don't want to remember a password and a PIN i already have 2FA but I do like a fingerprint but that requires a PIN also? It's just to much to remember all those PIN's that are required for apps banking insurance windows why would a...
  5. Windows hello password fingerprint 2FA and PIN????

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows hello password fingerprint 2FA and PIN????: Windows forces me to use a PIN but I don't want to remember a password and a PIN i already have 2FA but I do like a fingerprint but that requires a PIN also? It's just to much to remember all those PIN's that are required for apps banking insurance windows why would a...
  6. Hello Fingerprint and pin

Hello Fingerprint and pin: Is it possible to block only PIN usage for end users? They will be able to continue using fingerprint biometrics. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hello-fingerprint-and-pin/0b960f18-2133-4be5-bd22-3a8f7d77f3db
  7. Hello Fingerprint and pin

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Hello Fingerprint and pin: Is it possible to block only PIN usage for end users? They will be able to continue using fingerprint biometrics. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hello-fingerprint-and-pin/0b960f18-2133-4be5-bd22-3a8f7d77f3db
  8. Hello Fingerprint and pin

in Windows 10 Gaming
  9. Windows Hello Face, Fingerprint, PIN

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows Hello Face, Fingerprint, PIN: Hi, I just bought an Asus vivobook S15 S533, and all those windows hello sign-in options are sadly unavailable. I have tried as many steps I found online and in the community website but ffs nothing work. Idk what to do anymore. Please, I want to enjoy those features too...
  10. FingerPrint - Without Windows Hello PIN

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    FingerPrint - Without Windows Hello PIN: I'm hoping there is an MS moderator on board to review this and act. I've seen this question posted by others and want to reiterate that, as an admin, I am appalled that there is no way to setup fingerprint authentication on a domain computer without also enabling PIN...