Windows 10: Windows Hello - Pin and Face recognition does not work on local AD joined PC, Windows 10...

Discus and support Windows Hello - Pin and Face recognition does not work on local AD joined PC, Windows 10... in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; My Face recognition hardware was working fine on my Surface Pro 4, windows 10 Pro, before I had / chose to rebuild the Surface because of performance... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by PhilHoldom, Oct 20, 2019.

1. Windows Hello - Pin and Face recognition does not work on local AD joined PC, Windows 10...

My Face recognition hardware was working fine on my Surface Pro 4, windows 10 Pro, before I had / chose to rebuild the Surface because of performance issues. It was already on version 1909. I believe the reason it worked before the rebuild was I setup my initial account to a personal Microsoft Account and then AD joined.

On rebuild I joined it to my local AD (server 2016) and not my personal MS account.

Since then I cannot sign in with a PIN or Face recognition. in Settings / Accounts / sign-in options I only get "this option is currently unavailable - click here to learn more" for both PIN and Face recognition.

TPM and device encryption is on with bit locker.

I've updated the ADMX files to 1903 and there is no Biometrics option. I only have Windows Hello for Business.

The Windows Hello for Business, I read needs ADFS to implement; which I really don't want to do.

If someone knows how to enable this with local AD or simply with Windows hello for business then great.

I do have the option for Intune with Azure. The device is enrolled, but was not setup initialled with Azure, but local AD.

As a test I setup a local user account and this allows Windows PIN and hello.

Thanks in advance

Phil

:)

PhilHoldom, Oct 20, 2019

2. Windows Hello Face Recognition Set up

Hi,

Please provide us below details to assist you better,

• How exactly you are trying to setup Windows Hello Face Recognition?
    • What is the error you are getting, while trying to setup Windows Hello Face Recognition?

A regular webcam will not work with Windows Hello. Windows 10 features Windows Hello, which provides new ways to authentication using biometrics including facial recognition.
    Since this is essentially 3-d detection, a camera with a specialized illuminated infrared camera is required.

I suggest you to try the below steps to setup Windows Hello Face Recognition and check if it helps.

• Open up "Settings" and click on "Accounts," then "Sign-in options."

• You need to set up a PIN code before you're allowed to use Windows Hello. So hit the "Add" button under "PIN" to set that up. Once you've done that the options to set up Windows Hello will unlock.

• You'll now see which options are available to set up under Windows Hello, Since we're looking at facial unlock you'll see an option for "Face." Click on "Set Up."

• The next screen will give you a little background on what Windows Hello is. Click on "Get started".

• The next step could happen incredibly quickly. Position yourself so your face is in the center of the frame that appears on screen. The camera will then do what it needs to do to register your face.

• Once you're set up you have an option that allows you to improve recognition.

• Now, when you go back to Settings you'll have the option again to improve recognition, remove your face, a toggle to turn on unlocking your PC when it sees your face and an added security option that will require you to turn your head
        left and right for verification.

For more information, refer to the below link:

Biometric Facial Recognition – Windows Hello - Microsoft

Hope this information helps. Get back to us if you have any more queries on windows.

Thank you.

Krishna Priya V, Oct 20, 2019
  3. RLAR Win User
    Improve Windows Hello Face Recognition in Windows 10

Thnx. I did try turning off the "Automatically dismiss the lock screen if we recognize your face" button. (That wording is a little different then your screen is showing.) When I restarted my computer, the face recognition mode came up with a dismiss comment, red lights flashing and it just sat there. Eventually it said welcome, but then the screen went black...for about 10 minutes. I thought I was dead in the water. So kinda chicken to try it again. And chicken to attempt step 2....way out of my league. Maybe under face recognition, above the turn on/off auto face button, I should select "remove," and it would defaut to my pin? Seems odd that something that should be so simple isn't.

4. Yolvi Ell Win User

Windows Hello - Pin and Face recognition does not work on local AD joined PC, Windows 10...

Windows Hello does not save face or pin

Hi Angelo,

We'd like to learn more about your concern with Windows Hello so that we can provide the best resolution. We just have a few questions for you:

• Did the PIN and the face recognition work properly before Creators Update?

• Do you get an error message when you try to save your biometric data or your PIN? If yes, please provide a screenshot.

• What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

Yolvi Ell, Oct 20, 2019
Thema:

Windows Hello - Pin and Face recognition does not work on local AD joined PC, Windows 10...

1. Windows Hello - Pin and Face recognition does not work on local AD joined PC, Windows 10... - Similar Threads - Hello Pin Face

2. Windows Hello Face Recognition

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows Hello Face Recognition: Hi,I'm using a DELL Inspiron 3501, i5 11th Generation, NVIDIA GeForce MX330 2GB GDDR5 Laptop.Do I have to have IR devices listed in my devmgmt.msc to use my camera with Windows Hello Face?If yes, could anyone share a screenshot of the device manager which contains IR...
  3. Windows Hello face recognition

Windows Hello face recognition: I can't remove Windows Hello face recognition. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-hello-face-recognition/642129e9-85f4-4869-b862-04a08a2162dc
  4. Windows Hello Face recognition

Windows Hello Face recognition: Hello all, I have a problem that seems to be common on this forum but none of the common fixes have worked for me. My windows Hello face recognition built into my surface laptop 3 has recently in the past few days just stopped working. When I go into the sign-in options in...
  5. Windows Hello Setup Face Recognition Not Working - PC

Windows Hello Setup Face Recognition Not Working - PC: Hello, I had Windows Hello set up at one point, but over time it ceased to work. Every time I attempt to set up my face ID, I get to the screen where it says center your face in the picture, and my webcam lights flash indicating it is scanning, but it never goes passed...
  6. windows hello face recognition

windows hello face recognition: I'm in serious need of some help. I've been going through countless websites, videos and comments here about problems involving windows hello face recognition being unavailable, but nothing has worked so far. My laptop had been working perfectly fine this morning and when...
  7. Windows Hello Face Recognition

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Hello Face Recognition: I have a Microsoft go tablet and I use it as my school laptop. I used to use the facial recognition but now it won't let me use it and I don't know why. It is saying the option is currently unavailable. Can anyone help me? It is so annoying to have to type in a pin or a...
  8. Face recognition stopped working in Windows Hello

in Windows 10 Customization
    Face recognition stopped working in Windows Hello: When I purchased a laptop, I set up Windows Hello and it was working fine. Then I deleted that user’s account and created a new one. But I cannot configure Windows Hello for this new user. I receive a message that Something went wrong: it looks like you've already setup...
  9. Windows Hello Face Recognition is not working

Windows Hello Face Recognition is not working: My laptop is ASUS Vivobook 14 x412fj. Face Recognition option in my laptop is not working, it says "no compatible camera found". What should I do?...
  10. hello face recognition does not work

hello face recognition does not work: hello face recognition does not work? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hello-face-recognition-does-not-work/9aa67d2e-4be3-4cef-9553-96a24b2b84f3