Windows 10: Windows Hello PIN and fingerprint Sign-in option dissapeared, Don't have password

Discus and support Windows Hello PIN and fingerprint Sign-in option dissapeared, Don't have password in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I have an LG Gram 17" with a TPM installed if that's even relevantI relied on the built-in fingerprint reader to sign-in, when that failed I had a PIN... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by AntonCP, Jul 21, 2021.

1. AntonCP Win User

Windows Hello PIN and fingerprint Sign-in option dissapeared, Don't have password

I have an LG Gram 17" with a TPM installed if that's even relevantI relied on the built-in fingerprint reader to sign-in, when that failed I had a PIN code setup 1 local administrator account setup, Windows Account only for Microsoft office productsAfter years of signing in in this way, all of the sudden all those features have disappeared from the sign-in screen, and I can only use the password, that i've long forgotten after relying completely on Windows Hello! probably after windows updatenow without the password I can't reset the machine, uninstall updates, ANYTHING!! because for eve

:)

AntonCP, Jul 21, 2021
  2. tjc4 Win User

Enable Fingerprint Sign In Without PIN Sign In (Windows Hello)

So I just reinstalled Windows 10 on my machine.

Before I had it set up so that I could log in with a password or fingerprint.

Now it seems my only options are (1) password only OR (2) password, PIN or fingerprint.

I don't want PIN as a sign in option. But I have to enable PIN via "Windows Hello" before enabling Fingerprint sign in.

And once I have fingerprint sign in enabled, if I remove the PIN I lose both PIN and fingerprint sign in options.

Any ideas how I can set up password and fingerprint as my only two sign in options?

3. Wullail Win User
    Enable Fingerprint Sign In Without PIN Sign In (Windows Hello)

I don't think you can , the PIN is a backup in-case the fingerprint fails.

Wullail, Jul 21, 2021
  4. Windows Hello PIN and fingerprint Sign-in option dissapeared, Don't have password

Not seeing Fingerprint in Sign-in options

I have a Dell Latitude E5450 running Windows 10 and I'm trying to get its fingerprint scanner to work. At first there were no drivers but after googling for a while I found one and installed it:

Windows Hello PIN and fingerprint Sign-in option dissapeared, Don't have password [​IMG]

Not sure if it is the right one but it's the only one I could find. When I go to sign-in options I see Password, PIN and Picture Password but not Fingerprint, or Windows Hello if that's what it's called.
    Any ideas?
    Thanks.

aleksakojadinov, Jul 21, 2021
Thema:

Windows Hello PIN and fingerprint Sign-in option dissapeared, Don't have password

1. Windows Hello PIN and fingerprint Sign-in option dissapeared, Don't have password - Similar Threads - Hello PIN fingerprint

2. Windows hello password fingerprint 2FA and PIN????

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows hello password fingerprint 2FA and PIN????: Windows forces me to use a PIN but I don't want to remember a password and a PIN i already have 2FA but I do like a fingerprint but that requires a PIN also? It's just to much to remember all those PIN's that are required for apps banking insurance windows why would a...
  3. Fingerprint option to sign in unavailable windows hello

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fingerprint option to sign in unavailable windows hello: Hello, I can’t use my fingerprint or my face to sign in. I’m using this sign in option for almost 2 years and suddenly i can’t do it anymore. I went into options and saw that with windows hello the facial or fingerprints option are currently unavailable. How can i go back to...
  4. Fingerprint option to sign in unavailable windows hello

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Fingerprint option to sign in unavailable windows hello: Hello, I can’t use my fingerprint or my face to sign in. I’m using this sign in option for almost 2 years and suddenly i can’t do it anymore. I went into options and saw that with windows hello the facial or fingerprints option are currently unavailable. How can i go back to...
  5. Window hello fingerprint sign-in options

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Window hello fingerprint sign-in options: I can't sign in with my fingerprint sudden I found this when I go check in the setting. I had tried many ways but still can't be solve. Any pro can help me?[Move to English community by moderator]...
  6. Window hello fingerprint sign-in options

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Window hello fingerprint sign-in options: I can't sign in with my fingerprint sudden I found this when I go check in the setting. I had tried many ways but still can't be solve. Any pro can help me?[Move to English community by moderator]...
  7. Window hello fingerprint sign-in options

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  8. Windows Hello Fingerprint and PIN Sign-In Options Dissapeared and Frequent Logging Out of...

Windows Hello Fingerprint and PIN Sign-In Options Dissapeared and Frequent Logging Out of...: Hi: I have a Dell Inspiron 7490 unit running Windows 10. I am updated with all the drivers and updates. For some reason I can't pinpoint, my laptop is acting weird recently. My Windows Hello Fingerprint and Sign-in options disappeared. I set it up yesterday and today, it is...
  9. Windows Hello Face, Fingerprint, PIN sign-in options unavailable

Windows Hello Face, Fingerprint, PIN sign-in options unavailable: I have a brand new Dell XPS 1330/9300 with Win 10 Pro 1909 with myself setup as the only admin account. The sign-in options for Windows Hello Face, Fingerprint, and PIN are greyed out with a message saying "This option is currently unavailable - click to learn more". I...
  10. PIN + Fingerprint but no password option?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    PIN + Fingerprint but no password option?: Preinstalled OS on new laptop w/fingerprint reader. Starting the machine I was prompted for a PIN and then my fingerprint but not a (the) password that I use on my Win7 machine and is required for various installed programs and the home network. I must be blind but...