Windows 10: Windows Hello PIN and RD Gateway Authentication credential prompt

Discus and support Windows Hello PIN and RD Gateway Authentication credential prompt in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; When I try to RDP into a server, its asking me for my Windows Hello PIN. I then have to click 'more choices' select, my domain account, and login. I... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by BDL90, Oct 17, 2020.

1. BDL90 Win User

Windows Hello PIN and RD Gateway Authentication credential prompt

When I try to RDP into a server, its asking me for my Windows Hello PIN.

I then have to click 'more choices' select, my domain account, and login.

I have to do this every time.

How do I change the RDP prompt to default to my domain credentials, instead of trying to use something else in this case a Windows Hello PIN.
    Windows Hello PIN and RD Gateway Authentication credential prompt f09ff97d-6b88-48ed-aadd-13442c7b5c65?upload=true.png

:)

BDL90, Oct 17, 2020
  2. Hapwhee Win User

Can't connect to RD Gateway using Windows 10

I am using Windows 10 Pro (1809) and I am trying to use RD Gateway but keep getting error message "can't connect to remote desktop gateway computer." I have seen numerous fix suggestions in other posts and the one I wanted to try was HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Terminal
    Server Client, but the terminal service client is not listed in the folder in Pro 10. Any ideas on how to get this RD Gateway to work?

Hapwhee, Oct 17, 2020
  3. Issues connection to RD Gateway

Dear all,

I have some trouble with some (not all) users connecting to RD Gateway. The RD Gateway is running Windows Server 2012 R2, the clients having the issues are Windows 10.

When these users try to connect to the GW, the following error with Event ID 306 occurs in the Eventlog:

The user "Unknown", on client computer "x.x.x.x", was not authorized to connect to the RD Gateway server because a tunnel could not be created. The authentication method attempted: "Cookie" and connection protocol "HTTP". The following error occurred: "2147965432".

I tried to Google that but with little to no success. I found similar issues though, talking about checking the GW Certificate in one post, actually that was setup correctly. Another post talked about just doing an iisreset, which I did but also to no avail.

Also I checked the LANMan settings (Network security: LAN Manager authentication level) on server and client both seem to be established via Domain GPO (I can't change them. Anyway, they are both set to the same level.

Did anyone else face similar issues with RD Gateway and Windows 10? What else could I do?

Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks,

Harald

Harald Niehus, Oct 17, 2020
  4. Anne Ros Win User

Login with PIN and Hello

Hi Jean,

Windows 10 includes multiple options to sign-in to your account, including the ability to sign-in using a PIN and Windows Hello, which uses facial recognition. For us to provide a solution suited to your concern, we need additional information. Can
    you answer the questions below?

• How are you setting the PIN and Hello?
    • Which build version of Windows is your PC running on?
    • Were there any error codes or messages?

In the meantime, we suggest that you follow the steps below on how to set up PIN.

• Open Settings.
    • Select Accounts.
    • Click Sign-in options.
    • Click the Add button for the PIN and set your PIN.
    • Do the same for the Windows Hello.

Looking forward to your response.

Anne Ros, Oct 17, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows Hello PIN and RD Gateway Authentication credential prompt - Similar Threads - Hello PIN Gateway

2. Windows Hello Pin

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows Hello Pin: My pin is broken! I have a windows hello pin that but it doesn't work! And when I try to set up a pin it won't work either see photo below! [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-hello-pin/426c1603-9d51-44c3-8e38-04a0e4f870be
  3. PIN for Windows Hello

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    PIN for Windows Hello: HI Windows Community, 1. I am unable to setup PIN for Windows Hello. 2. I have tried accessing ngc to no avail while I am the administrator 3. I do not see change PIN as well when I go to the option in Settings 4. I went online as well to check, however nothing is...
  4. Windows Hello PINs

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Hello PINs: Has anyone found a successful balance of Windows Hello PINs in an enterprise environment? As I understand it, the PIN (which can include letters so they're really passwords) is local to a single computer. When tied to the TPM hardware, it can be used for a form of 2FA, as...
  5. Windows Hello PIN?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Windows Hello PIN?: I am on a standalone local Windows 10 account and just started to experiment with Windows Hello with a PIN. Just have a few questions. Is it more secure than having a local account password? Is Windows Hello on NON-Domain joined accounts the same as Windows Hello For...
  6. Windows Hello PIN?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Hello PIN?: I am on a standalone local Windows 10 account and just started to experiment with Windows Hello with a PIN. Just have a few questions. Is it more secure than having a local account password? Is Windows Hello on NON-Domain joined accounts the same as Windows Hello For...
  7. Prompt for Credentials vs Prompt for Credentials on Secure Desktop

Prompt for Credentials vs Prompt for Credentials on Secure Desktop: Hello, What is the difference between Prompt for Credentials and ? In both, I have the same thing. 1. Prompt for Credential [ATTACH] 2. Prompt for Credentials on Secure Desktop [ATTACH]...
  8. Firefox authentication Required prompt

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Firefox authentication Required prompt: This question may not belong here, but asking IT pros anyways. Anyone know how to disable below prompt in Firefox: [ATTACH] I tried settings available in options > network settings, no good. I uninstalled Firefox restarted Windows 10 Pro and reinstalled it with new...
  9. WINDOWS Hello PIN

WINDOWS Hello PIN: How do I get RID of Windows PIN? I am SICK AND TIRED of it asking me to set up a PIN when I have done it a gazillion times. Then it won't let me in to change it in an endless loop of frustration. I don't CARE who steals my identity! JUST TELL ME HOW TO MAKE IT GO AWAY!!!!!!...
  10. Issues connection to RD Gateway

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Issues connection to RD Gateway: Dear all, I have some trouble with some (not all) users connecting to RD Gateway. The RD Gateway is running Windows Server 2012 R2, the clients having the issues are Windows 10. When these users try to connect to the GW, the following error with Event ID 306 occurs in the...