Windows 10: Windows Hello PIN and RD Gateway Authentication credential prompt

Discus and support Windows Hello PIN and RD Gateway Authentication credential prompt in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; When I try to RDP into a server, its asking me for my Windows Hello PIN. I then have to click 'more choices' select, my domain account, and login. I... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by BDL90, Oct 17, 2020.

1. BDL90 Win User

Windows Hello PIN and RD Gateway Authentication credential prompt

When I try to RDP into a server, its asking me for my Windows Hello PIN.

I then have to click 'more choices' select, my domain account, and login.

I have to do this every time.

How do I change the RDP prompt to default to my domain credentials, instead of trying to use something else in this case a Windows Hello PIN.
    Windows Hello PIN and RD Gateway Authentication credential prompt f09ff97d-6b88-48ed-aadd-13442c7b5c65?upload=true.png

:)

BDL90, Oct 17, 2020
  2. Hapwhee Win User

Can't connect to RD Gateway using Windows 10

I am using Windows 10 Pro (1809) and I am trying to use RD Gateway but keep getting error message "can't connect to remote desktop gateway computer." I have seen numerous fix suggestions in other posts and the one I wanted to try was HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Terminal
    Server Client, but the terminal service client is not listed in the folder in Pro 10. Any ideas on how to get this RD Gateway to work?

Hapwhee, Oct 17, 2020
  3. Issues connection to RD Gateway

Dear all,

I have some trouble with some (not all) users connecting to RD Gateway. The RD Gateway is running Windows Server 2012 R2, the clients having the issues are Windows 10.

When these users try to connect to the GW, the following error with Event ID 306 occurs in the Eventlog:

The user "Unknown", on client computer "x.x.x.x", was not authorized to connect to the RD Gateway server because a tunnel could not be created. The authentication method attempted: "Cookie" and connection protocol "HTTP". The following error occurred: "2147965432".

I tried to Google that but with little to no success. I found similar issues though, talking about checking the GW Certificate in one post, actually that was setup correctly. Another post talked about just doing an iisreset, which I did but also to no avail.

Also I checked the LANMan settings (Network security: LAN Manager authentication level) on server and client both seem to be established via Domain GPO (I can't change them. Anyway, they are both set to the same level.

Did anyone else face similar issues with RD Gateway and Windows 10? What else could I do?

Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks,

Harald

Harald Niehus, Oct 17, 2020
  4. Anne Ros Win User

Login with PIN and Hello

Hi Jean,

Windows 10 includes multiple options to sign-in to your account, including the ability to sign-in using a PIN and Windows Hello, which uses facial recognition. For us to provide a solution suited to your concern, we need additional information. Can
    you answer the questions below?

• How are you setting the PIN and Hello?
    • Which build version of Windows is your PC running on?
    • Were there any error codes or messages?

In the meantime, we suggest that you follow the steps below on how to set up PIN.

• Open Settings.
    • Select Accounts.
    • Click Sign-in options.
    • Click the Add button for the PIN and set your PIN.
    • Do the same for the Windows Hello.

Looking forward to your response.

Anne Ros, Oct 17, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows Hello PIN and RD Gateway Authentication credential prompt - Similar Threads - Hello PIN Gateway

2. Disable Windows Hello for RDP remote credentials prompt

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disable Windows Hello for RDP remote credentials prompt: My organization recently implemented Windows Hello for Business. I now use WHfB to log into my local machine. When I use RDP to connect to a remote server, it prompts me for Windows Hello credentials PIN, Security Key, etc., but I do NOT want this, since it doesn't work on...
  3. Disable Windows Hello for RDP remote credentials prompt

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Disable Windows Hello for RDP remote credentials prompt: My organization recently implemented Windows Hello for Business. I now use WHfB to log into my local machine. When I use RDP to connect to a remote server, it prompts me for Windows Hello credentials PIN, Security Key, etc., but I do NOT want this, since it doesn't work on...
  4. Windows 2019 RD Gateway Azure Multifactor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 2019 RD Gateway Azure Multifactor: I have recently setup a new Remote Desktop Gateway/Farm which is Windows 2019 and have setup azure multifactor on it - this points to a Windows 2016 NPS, which in turn authenticates the Multifactor as per the MS article...
  5. Windows 2019 RD Gateway Azure Multifactor

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 2019 RD Gateway Azure Multifactor: I have recently setup a new Remote Desktop Gateway/Farm which is Windows 2019 and have setup azure multifactor on it - this points to a Windows 2016 NPS, which in turn authenticates the Multifactor as per the MS article...
  6. Windows 2019 RD Gateway Azure Multifactor

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
  7. Windows Hello Pin Unwelcome Prompts

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows Hello Pin Unwelcome Prompts: Hey.I use my MS account password to log into my desktop computer operating Windows 10. Despite this, and for over a year now, Windows Hello is pestering me whenever I launch to know if I want to set up a pin. I have to skip 2 screens that I never asked to appear in the first...
  8. Windows 10 HELLO PIN MFA Prompt??

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows 10 HELLO PIN MFA Prompt??: During the setup of a PIN for Windows 10 Pro on an on-prem Domain Network, users are asked to install and use the MS authenticator now? In the past during a PIN set up, it would set up but now we can't because of the MFA prompt. Is this a feature of Windows 10 20H2 or...
  9. Server 2019 RD Gateway Testing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Server 2019 RD Gateway Testing: Hi Im struggling with getting past the security layering to test an RDS Gateway configured on a 2019 Standard Server. was easier with Access Anywhere Anyway I have a New PDC 2019 Server on a self contained Test LAN behind a router/firewall - connected to my Home LAN via...
  10. Issues connection to RD Gateway

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Issues connection to RD Gateway: Dear all, I have some trouble with some (not all) users connecting to RD Gateway. The RD Gateway is running Windows Server 2012 R2, the clients having the issues are Windows 10. When these users try to connect to the GW, the following error with Event ID 306 occurs in the...