Windows 10: Windows hello pin dialog box is not appearing

Discus and support Windows hello pin dialog box is not appearing in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; hi, when trying to register my fingerprint and it asks me for a pin, it will not show the dialog box where it asks me to make a pin my specs of my PC... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by MoroseHare41442, Oct 20, 2019.

1. Windows hello pin dialog box is not appearing

hi, when trying to register my fingerprint and it asks me for a pin, it will not show the dialog box where it asks me to make a pin

my specs of my PC if it helps is:

intel core i5-3230m @ 2.60Ghz

6GB RAM

Windows 10 home N edition

version is 1903

my OS build is 18362.175

i did update windows to the latest version a few days ago

thanks for reading Windows hello pin dialog box is not appearing :)

:)

MoroseHare41442, Oct 20, 2019
  2. Anne Ros Win User

Login with PIN and Hello

Hi Jean,

Windows 10 includes multiple options to sign-in to your account, including the ability to sign-in using a PIN and Windows Hello, which uses facial recognition. For us to provide a solution suited to your concern, we need additional information. Can
    you answer the questions below?

• How are you setting the PIN and Hello?
    • Which build version of Windows is your PC running on?
    • Were there any error codes or messages?

In the meantime, we suggest that you follow the steps below on how to set up PIN.

• Open Settings.
    • Select Accounts.
    • Click Sign-in options.
    • Click the Add button for the PIN and set your PIN.
    • Do the same for the Windows Hello.

Looking forward to your response.

Anne Ros, Oct 20, 2019
  3. CRITICAL ERROR DIALOG BOX APPEARING

CRITICAL ERROR DIALOG BOX APPEARING when ever i am clicking start button . i restart my laptop for several times

but the problem remains the same kindly suggest any rectification to this problem

DEENA DIVAKAR M, Oct 20, 2019
  4. asm007 Win User

Windows hello pin dialog box is not appearing

Windows Hello - PIN Loop

Windows Hello used to work on my Laptop, but it somehow got disabled.

When I go to Settings>Accounts>Sign-in Options there is the option to setup Face Recognition.

When I choose that option, it turns on the IR camera and recognizes my face.

It then says that I must create a PIN in the dialog box, and gives me the option to do so.

When I select Setup Pin, a new dialog box appears stating that it needs to verify my identity, and to do so, I must enter a PIN.

I do not have a PIN, so how can I enter it here?

Since I do not have a PIN and tried all PINS that I would have used, I then click on the "I forgot my PIN" box."

It then I can reset my PIN by going to Settings >Accounts>Sign-in Options

I am already there!

I cancel that out and go to "Add" under the PIN option. When I choose that a box appears stating that it needs to verify my identity, and to do so, I must enter a PIN.

I do not have a PIN, so how can I enter it here?

How do I get out of this loop and setup Windows Hello?

**Moved from: Microsoft Education / Windows 10 / Windows Hello, lock screen, & sign-in **

asm007, Oct 20, 2019
Thema:

Windows hello pin dialog box is not appearing

1. Windows hello pin dialog box is not appearing - Similar Threads - hello pin dialog

2. Pin box not appearing!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Pin box not appearing!: My pc was working great last night but the taskbar was not disappearing when I was in full screen. After that I restarted the pc but after swiping up to enter my pin, the pinbox does not show up and after 30 seconds it gets back to the default baclground which shows time and...
  3. Windows 10 no replace or skip file dialog box appearing.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 no replace or skip file dialog box appearing.: When I copy a duplicate file I do not get a dialog box, just a file with the same name and copy added. I have tried the following with no success :- Method 1: Try resetting the File Explorer settings to defaults and see if that helps. Press Windows + E key to...
  4. a dialog box suddenly appeared

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    a dialog box suddenly appeared: a dialog box for file copying progress suddenly appeared while i play game at full screen, it instantly minimized my game and i'm afraid it could be a malware activity or some sort of it, i seen a file named "package 9" being copied its 2,3GB in size but i didn't seen of...
  5. This pc dialog box

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    This pc dialog box: My pc dialog box keeps comming up for no reason at all. Any suggestions on how to fix problem. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/this-pc-dialog-box/80473ef0-aea3-483e-bf22-d57158641d47
  6. Classic Advanced Windows Color and Appearance Dialog Box

in Windows 10 Customization
    Classic Advanced Windows Color and Appearance Dialog Box: Has the classic advanced color and appearance dialog box permanently disappeared in Win10 now? Image is below. The commands used to be rundll32.exe shell32.dll,Control_RunDLL desk.cpl,,5 or %windir%\System32\rundll32.exe shell32.dll,Control_RunDLL...
  7. window 10 shutdown dialog box keep appearing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    window 10 shutdown dialog box keep appearing: [ATTACH] The Shutdown menu appears and disappears randomly sometime multiple times in succession and if I open folders or windows it will close them after around 10-15 seconds by itself....
  8. Window Dialog box error!

Window Dialog box error!: My new PC got this font error in dialog box as follow. May I know I how to solved this? Thanks. Best Regards. [ATTACH] [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/window-dialog-box-error/1f3af4c3-2ed2-4302-957d-071483256ae0
  9. dialog boxes not appearing windows 10 for Walkman MP3 files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    dialog boxes not appearing windows 10 for Walkman MP3 files: I transfer a lot of MP3 files to a Sony Walkman weekly. I now am using a new pc with Windows 10. I now find when transferring files dialog boxes don't appear like they did in Windows 7. Specifically; I used to get a dialog box when unsupported files where transferred asking...
  10. "Activate Windows" dialog box

"Activate Windows" dialog box: In the last few weeks, my laptop screen shows "Activate Windows Go to Settings to activate Windows". No matter what app I'm in or what I'm doing, this shows up. I have accessed Windows to see what I need to update but there appears to be nothing. I want this dialog box to go...