Windows 10: Windows Hello PIN error/troubleshoot - please consider disabling that options for future...

Discus and support Windows Hello PIN error/troubleshoot - please consider disabling that options for future... in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; [ATTACH] This is the message that i get when i try to remove or change the pin i created, it it not letting me do anything, there are no other... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by SarahCadet, Jun 23, 2020.

1. Windows Hello PIN error/troubleshoot - please consider disabling that options for future...

Windows Hello PIN error/troubleshoot - please consider disabling that options for future... ca507740-0132-4d81-97cf-43d5ec2e614f?upload=true.png

This is the message that i get when i try to remove or change the pin i created, it it not letting me do anything, there are no other option, i cannot access my emails through my email app until this issue is fixed. i have been waiting to speak to a virtual agent for hours and i don't know what else to do.

when i click on the "tap or click here to fix it" it tells me "to put my pin in" or to click on "i forgot my pin", when i do both it sends me to settings/accounts/sign-in options and the message above it what is shown, it is like a never ending loop.

can someone help, please?

I really hate that Windows Hello Pin option, it is terrible, you use it, it traps you and there's nowhere to go

:)

SarahCadet, Jun 23, 2020
  2. Anne Ros Win User

Login with PIN and Hello

Hi Jean,

Windows 10 includes multiple options to sign-in to your account, including the ability to sign-in using a PIN and Windows Hello, which uses facial recognition. For us to provide a solution suited to your concern, we need additional information. Can
    you answer the questions below?

• How are you setting the PIN and Hello?
    • Which build version of Windows is your PC running on?
    • Were there any error codes or messages?

In the meantime, we suggest that you follow the steps below on how to set up PIN.

• Open Settings.
    • Select Accounts.
    • Click Sign-in options.
    • Click the Add button for the PIN and set your PIN.
    • Do the same for the Windows Hello.

Looking forward to your response.

Anne Ros, Jun 23, 2020
  3. Disabling User Passwords Disables PIN and Hello?

Hello Eric,

Thank you for posting your concern in Microsoft community and welcome to the windows 10 Family.

From the description provided, I understand that the sign in option is not working after you disabled the option for PIN input for password.

At this point, I would suggest you to deploy the
    System Restore option in Windows.

This option takes your PC back to an earlier point in time, called a system restore point. Restore points are generated when you install a new app, driver, or Windows update, and when you

create a restore point manually
    . Restoring won’t affect your personal files, but it will remove apps, drivers, and updates installed after the restore point was made.

• Right-click (or press and hold) the Start button, and then select Control Panel.

• Search Control Panel for Recovery.

• Select Recovery > Open System Restore > Next.

• Choose the restore point related to the problematic app, driver, or update, and then select
      Next > Finish.

In order to disable the PIN sign in option in Windows 10, refer to the below steps.

Step 1: Access PC settings and open
    Users and accounts

Step 2: Select Sign-in options and tap the
    Remove
    button under PIN.

Note: you can navigate to the same path in order to re-enable the PIN.

Hope the above information is helpful. If you need further assistance, we would be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Sayan_Ghosh, Jun 23, 2020
  4. Windows Hello PIN error/troubleshoot - please consider disabling that options for future...

windows hello and pin

Hi,

This error code is usually caused by corrupted Windows system files. For better assistance, we would like to ask the following:

• What happens when you're trying to set up Windows Hello or a pin on your computer?
    • Is there an error message displayed when setting up Windows Hello or a pin?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • How did you reinstall Windows?

Looking forward to your reply so we can provide the best resolution for you.

Gerard Qui, Jun 23, 2020
Thema:

Windows Hello PIN error/troubleshoot - please consider disabling that options for future...

1. Windows Hello PIN error/troubleshoot - please consider disabling that options for future... - Similar Threads - Hello PIN error

2. Disable Windows Hello for Business PIN

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disable Windows Hello for Business PIN: Good afternoon,We're looking to disable the Windows Hello for Business PIN on computers that are AAD joined. However, we do not have intune in place. We have an intune console because another office uses it but we do not, however, we'd still like to AAD join PCs without using...
  3. Disable Windows Hello for Business PIN

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Disable Windows Hello for Business PIN: Good afternoon,We're looking to disable the Windows Hello for Business PIN on computers that are AAD joined. However, we do not have intune in place. We have an intune console because another office uses it but we do not, however, we'd still like to AAD join PCs without using...
  4. Sign-in option with PIN Windows Hello

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sign-in option with PIN Windows Hello: I want to remove sign-in option with PIN. But the "Remove this signing option" button is inactive transparent. How to fix this and remove this option? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sign-in-option-with-pin-windows-hello/9a92b2bd-7841-4156-b1fb-7f679e1d5e40
  5. Sign-in option with PIN Windows Hello

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sign-in option with PIN Windows Hello: I want to remove sign-in option with PIN. But the "Remove this signing option" button is inactive transparent. How to fix this and remove this option? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sign-in-option-with-pin-windows-hello/9a92b2bd-7841-4156-b1fb-7f679e1d5e40
  6. Windows Hello Sign in options troubleshoot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Hello Sign in options troubleshoot: Hi I would like to ask about windows hello sign in options error. PIN, fingerprint recognition, and facial recognition is currently unavailable in my device. However, I have previously added fingerprint and PIN in my device and they are still working. They just can't provide...
  7. Windows Hello Sign in options troubleshoot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Hello Sign in options troubleshoot: Hi I would like to ask about windows hello sign in options error. PIN, fingerprint recognition, and facial recognition is currently unavailable in my device. However, I have previously added fingerprint and PIN in my device and they are still working. They just can't provide...
  8. How to disable Hello Accounts - Sign in Options - Windows Hello PIN on booting and...

How to disable Hello Accounts - Sign in Options - Windows Hello PIN on booting and...: After the April update, windows10 is asking to set up Hello PIN when computer gets locked up.Hell PIN has gotten after me and can't be tackled using old solutions.Please provide solution to do away the hell pin permanently....
  9. Programmers please consider

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Programmers please consider: With your new updates, would you be kind enough to remove the link to the old Sudoku and replace it with the new. This can cause issues. Please ensure that the default position is neutral, stop trying to be clever, it is very trying. Your job is to keep people entertained...
  10. Windows Hello PIN error/troubleshoot - please don't disable that options for future windows...

Windows Hello PIN error/troubleshoot - please don't disable that options for future windows...: [ATTACH] This is the message that i get when i try to remove or change the pin i created, it it not letting me do anything, there are no other option, i cannot access my emails through my email app until this issue is fixed. i have been waiting to speak to a virtual agent...