Windows 10: Windows Hello PIN, Fingerprint and Face all gray out with message "Option unavaliable" and...

Discus and support Windows Hello PIN, Fingerprint and Face all gray out with message "Option unavaliable" and... in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Hi I have PC domain joined and MDM Azure signet in. The local AD its all so sync to the Azure. I dont know when that happen, but i always had the... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by UZSTR, Jul 16, 2019.

1. UZSTR Win User

Windows Hello PIN, Fingerprint and Face all gray out with message "Option unavaliable" and...

Hi

I have PC domain joined and MDM Azure signet in. The local AD its all so sync to the Azure.

I dont know when that happen, but i always had the PIN set to login to my PC.

But when i removed the PIN login, now i cant set it up again.

All i get its the message that "Something went wrong, try again later"

I tried to remove the PC form MDM (intune). No difference

I tried to set the local policy to set the PIN as a login option, because this its domain joined PC. no difference

I tried to set the PIN login and Bio-metric options trough GPO on domain server. No difference

Any ideas, what could be wrong.

This its windows 1903 machine.

:)

UZSTR, Jul 16, 2019
  2. chris_80 Win User

Windows Hello - PIN and Fingerprint not working anymore

First, this is similar with
    this question
    , but that thread is locked with no solution.

After some months of fingerprint login working fine, after some update few months ago fingerprint stopped working, error message like "windows hello encountered a problem and stopped working".

- noticed that PIN is not set up anymore

- tried to set up PIN or fingerprint - not working (fingerprint sensor was not even recognized by Hello, even though Dell tools verification was ok).

- reinstalled fingerprint sensor driver, managed to determine Hello to find sensor and allowed to set up fingerprint until near the end when it requested for a PIN to be setup. asked for my password but the next screen (to enter PIN twice) never appears

- deleted Ngc folder, recreated, managed to set up PIN individually

- when I try to set up fingerprint click on Get Started, asks for PIN, and after I enter the PIN the popup disappear but does't go to the next step with sensor, stays there with only the Cancel button visible.

To answer obvious questions:

- windows updates done. no change

- new account created and tried to set up. same issues with fingerprint setup, at the end not setting up PIN or I set up PIN separately on fingerprint start does not go further than entering PIN after Get Started.

chris_80, Jul 16, 2019
  3. Wullail Win User
    Enable Fingerprint Sign In Without PIN Sign In (Windows Hello)

I don't think you can , the PIN is a backup in-case the fingerprint fails.

Wullail, Jul 16, 2019
  4. tjc4 Win User

Windows Hello PIN, Fingerprint and Face all gray out with message "Option unavaliable" and...

Enable Fingerprint Sign In Without PIN Sign In (Windows Hello)

So I just reinstalled Windows 10 on my machine.

Before I had it set up so that I could log in with a password or fingerprint.

Now it seems my only options are (1) password only OR (2) password, PIN or fingerprint.

I don't want PIN as a sign in option. But I have to enable PIN via "Windows Hello" before enabling Fingerprint sign in.

And once I have fingerprint sign in enabled, if I remove the PIN I lose both PIN and fingerprint sign in options.

Any ideas how I can set up password and fingerprint as my only two sign in options?

Thema:

1. Windows Hello PIN, Fingerprint and Face all gray out with message "Option unavaliable" and... - Similar Threads - Hello PIN Fingerprint

2. Trouble with Window PIN + Window Hello Face + Window Hello Fingerprint

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Trouble with Window PIN + Window Hello Face + Window Hello Fingerprint: My sign-in options get trouble with "couldn't find camera and fingerprint scanner" in my last few days and I couldn't access my laptop Lenovo Thinkpad by these way. I've updated all and try some ways on ytb but it still not working Please help me :...
  3. Hello Fingerprint and Face options not showing up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hello Fingerprint and Face options not showing up: New Microsoft surface laptop go, has windows hello fingerprint and face,however they don't show up as options for sign in options.I've checked device manager and there are no biometric devices showing up.Is this hardware problem or a software problem ?...
  4. windows hello fingerprint and hello face sign in option not working.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    windows hello fingerprint and hello face sign in option not working.: Hi thereMy fingerprint scanner on my DELL vostro 3400 is not working. I receive an error message when viewing the sign in options "Couldn't find a fingerprint scanner compatible with Windows Hello Fingerprint".I've checked Device Manager to ensure that it is set to Automatic...
  5. Windows Hello Face, Fingerprint, PIN

Windows Hello Face, Fingerprint, PIN: Hi, I just bought an Asus vivobook S15 S533, and all those windows hello sign-in options are sadly unavailable. I have tried as many steps I found online and in the community website but ffs nothing work. Idk what to do anymore. Please, I want to enjoy those features too...
  6. Windows Hello Face, Fingerprint, and PIN "this option is currently unavailable"

Windows Hello Face, Fingerprint, and PIN "this option is currently unavailable": Hi, I've seen lots of posts similar to my problem, but nothing has seemed to solve it. My Windows Hello, Fingerprint, and PIN says "this option is currently unavailable" My hello face has never worked despite my device having a camera. I used to have the fingerprint and PIN...
  7. Windows Hello PIN is grayed out ?

Windows Hello PIN is grayed out ?: I dont have a compatible hardware for hello face or fingerprint, but why the PIN is not working? I'm on 1909.[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-hello-pin-is-grayed-out/212901c0-c2c3-4597-84be-3ef8e9305a4d
  8. Windows Hello Face, Pin, and Fingerprint Not Working "Option Not Available" "Something Went...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Hello Face, Pin, and Fingerprint Not Working "Option Not Available" "Something Went...: Sir/Ma'am, I have recently done update 2004 on Windows 10 on my Microsoft Surface Book 1. Since then the Windows Hello function allowing my face to be scanned by the camera, the pin function, and the fingerprint reading option are no longer working. When in the...
  9. Windows hello face fingerprint and PIN all 'this option is currently unavailable'

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows hello face fingerprint and PIN all 'this option is currently unavailable': hi i have laptops running Win 10 ver 1909, all domain joined, i have no GPO's regarding sign in options and all laptops are unable to use the windows hello feature. any ideas? [ATTACH]...
  10. Windows Hello Face, Fingerprint, PIN sign-in options unavailable

Windows Hello Face, Fingerprint, PIN sign-in options unavailable: I have a brand new Dell XPS 1330/9300 with Win 10 Pro 1909 with myself setup as the only admin account. The sign-in options for Windows Hello Face, Fingerprint, and PIN are greyed out with a message saying "This option is currently unavailable - click to learn more". I...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. elitebook sign in face grayed out

2. windows hello fingerprint this option currently unavaliable