Windows 10: Windows Hello Pin is unavailable

Discus and support Windows Hello Pin is unavailable in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; After Updating Windows 10 last year, it automatic changed my windows account from local admin to Microsoft account. My pin that I set is gone and I... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by faiijew, Jan 5, 2021.

1. faiijew Win User

Windows Hello Pin is unavailable

After Updating Windows 10 last year, it automatic changed my windows account from local admin to Microsoft account. My pin that I set is gone and I have to use Microsoft password e-mail instead. It is very long when I'm in rush hour. I can't set up my new pin. The Add button turned grey Other options are grey too.. I don't want to change Microsoft account password. I have done many fix methods such as Delete the NGC folder ,Using Group policy settings and Using Registry settings if you have Windows 10 Home installed and they aren't work. Now, I change to local admin and Add is still grey.

Can you help me fix this problem?

:)

faiijew, Jan 5, 2021
  2. loftus49 Win User

Win10/HP Pavillion - PIN "unavailable"

Using Win10 on an HP Pavillion Gaming Laptop

PIN went away. Now when I go into create a PIN I get "Something went wrong. Try again later". The step prior is: Start.>Settings>Accounts>Sign in Options>Windows Hello PIN and it reads "This options is currently unavailable - click to learn more". I
    followed the steps suggested, but they don't work

Suggestions?.

loftus49, Jan 5, 2021
  3. Anne Ros Win User
    Login with PIN and Hello

Hi Jean,

Windows 10 includes multiple options to sign-in to your account, including the ability to sign-in using a PIN and Windows Hello, which uses facial recognition. For us to provide a solution suited to your concern, we need additional information. Can
    you answer the questions below?

• How are you setting the PIN and Hello?
    • Which build version of Windows is your PC running on?
    • Were there any error codes or messages?

In the meantime, we suggest that you follow the steps below on how to set up PIN.

• Open Settings.
    • Select Accounts.
    • Click Sign-in options.
    • Click the Add button for the PIN and set your PIN.
    • Do the same for the Windows Hello.

Looking forward to your response.

Anne Ros, Jan 5, 2021
  4. Windows Hello Pin is unavailable

Windows Hello PIN now unavailable

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand the concern as you are having difficulties in setting the login PIN for your Windows 10 PC. In order to get clarity and to assist you accordingly, please reply with the answers to the questions below:

• What is the Windows 10 Version and Build installed? (Type winver in Windows search/Run command)
    • Are you aware of any changes on the PC prior to this issue?

Meanwhile, we would suggest you to perform these steps after signing in to the user account using password and then check

1. Sign-in to your Windows 10 Administrator account using password.
    2. Now; open your File Explorer and browse to the location:
      C:\Windows\ServiceProfiles\LocalService\AppData\Local\Microsoft
    3. Right click on the NGC folder and select
      Properties from the context menu.
    4. Under the "Security" tab, click on "Advanced" option.
    5. From the following window, next to the Owner section, click on the "change" link.
    6. Under the Enter the object name to select option, input
      Administrators if you are using administrator account, or the local user name.
    7. Click on Check Names and then
      OK
    8. Once you have followed all these steps, you should be able to enter
      NGC folder. Delete all the files from the folder
    9. After removing contents of the NGC folder, add a PIN/Face/Fingerprint by following the path: Click on Start Menu > Settings app > Account Settings> Sign-in Options> Add a PIN/Face/Fingerprint.

Regards,

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Jan 5, 2021
Thema:

Windows Hello Pin is unavailable

1. Windows Hello Pin is unavailable - Similar Threads - Hello Pin unavailable

2. PIN Windows Hello is currently unavailable

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PIN Windows Hello is currently unavailable: I've signed in with my PIN. In Settings, I select the Accounts menu. Then I select "Sign-in options", and I see the ways to sign-in. I want to change my PIN, but why does it say "This option is currently unavailable"? Am I not signed-in under the Administrator role? Thanks....
  3. PIN Windows Hello is currently unavailable

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PIN Windows Hello is currently unavailable: I've signed in with my PIN. In Settings, I select the Accounts menu. Then I select "Sign-in options", and I see the ways to sign-in. I want to change my PIN, but why does it say "This option is currently unavailable"? Am I not signed-in under the Administrator role? Thanks....
  4. Windows Hello Pin currently unavailable

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows Hello Pin currently unavailable: Hi,I have windows 10, and my Hello PIN has suddenly become unavailable. I have tried to delete files in my NGC folder but the folder is already empty. When I open my computer, I have been prompted to sign-in with Microsoft and to re-set my pin. But my pin is never able to be...
  5. Windows Hello Pin currently unavailable

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Hello Pin currently unavailable: Hi,I have windows 10, and my Hello PIN has suddenly become unavailable. I have tried to delete files in my NGC folder but the folder is already empty. When I open my computer, I have been prompted to sign-in with Microsoft and to re-set my pin. But my pin is never able to be...
  6. Windows Hello Pin currently unavailable

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Windows hello pin currently unavailable

Windows hello pin currently unavailable: Hello there! For some random reason i dont know how or why, whenever i try to login to my pc it used to ask for my pin. Now its asking me the same thing as the microsoft login. When i check the sign in options tab in settings this is what it shows. Can any of you suggest how...
  8. Windows Hello PIN is temporarily unavailable

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Hello PIN is temporarily unavailable: Hello,I recently bought Microsoft Office family subscription and since then, I'm unable to update Windows Hello PIN to log into my PC from the lock screen. Is there any way to make it available again?I tried to access "Fix it" option given below but when I enter my email ID,...
  9. Windows Hello Pin Currently Unavailable

Windows Hello Pin Currently Unavailable: Since I have had my laptop, I have always used a PIN instead of my Microsoft Login. Today, I noticed that if I want to change my pin, I see the following: [ATTACH] I was able to delete the NGC file, but I then had no PIN and still could not create one. I changed my account...
  10. Windows Hello Pin currently unavailable

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Hello Pin currently unavailable: Hello Everyone, I am trying to ascertain why my window hello pin login has stopped working. It used to work fine after every wake up from sleep but now it is not working. Please help - other sign in options are unavailable as well. I need to have a secure log in for my...