Windows 10: Windows Hello & Pin Login NOT displaying on Login Screen

Discus and support Windows Hello & Pin Login NOT displaying on Login Screen in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I have an HP Folio G1 laptop, which has a fingerprint reader. I have Windows 10 Pro version 1803 Build 17134.407. The only option on the login... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Skipatore, Feb 12, 2019.

1. Skipatore Win User

Windows Hello & Pin Login NOT displaying on Login Screen

I have an HP Folio G1 laptop, which has a fingerprint reader. I have Windows 10 Pro version 1803 Build 17134.407. The only option on the login screen is for password. Both the pin and biometic (fingerprint) have disappeared. I'm not exactly sure when this has happened, since I've been troubleshooting it for some time now.

I have already done the following, not necessarily in this order:

• Rebooted
    • Deleted pin and recreated
    • run sfc/ scannow
    • run DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth
    • Switched from an Microsoft Account sign in to a local account, and back.
    • Changed the Credential manager service from manual to Automatic, and reboot.
    • Took ownership of the C:\Windows\ServiceProfiles\LocalService\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Ngc folder and emptied it's contents. Created new pin.

Once I get logged in, both the pin and fingerprint DO work, should I get prompted to use them when accessing certain settings in the OS. The only problem is that the option to switch between Password/Pin/Biometric are missing from the login screen.

I'm hopeful that someone has a suggestion on how to resolve this. Please don't reply that I need to create a new profile or reinstall/reset Windows. This is a business laptop and I have many settings and applications that are unique to my profile that will take countless hours to recreate. I'm looking to find the root cause of the problem and fix it. I'm not interested the "nuclear option".

Thank you.

:)

Skipatore, Feb 12, 2019
  2. ATIonion Win User

login screens

goto CONTROL PANEL/ USER ACCOUNTS then you have to remove all the other accounts except for the one you logon with....then restart...it should bypass the login tho it will still show the screen for it...it will continue to load windows...good luck*Rockout :rockout:

edit:: it asks for a login when there are more then one accounts..or if you set a pw to your login name...

ATIonion, Feb 12, 2019
  3. OSK PIN login on non-touch device

Hello,

I suggest you to create a PIN for your device and try the on screen keyboard to login to the same.

You may follow the steps below to create PIN protection for your device.

• Go to Settings and select account.

• Click on sign in option and Go to PIN option.

• Now click on Add and set PIN for login.

You can use the same PIN to login to your device using the on screen Keyboard from ease of access option and verify the result.

Please get back to us with updated status. We will be happy to assist you further.

Anju Thekkethil, Feb 12, 2019
  4. regan1985 Win User

login screens

is there anyway to stop windows going into the login screen wen i boot up and leave my pc for more then 10mins?i have no password set and im the only user!!

cheers

regan1985, Feb 12, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows Hello & Pin Login NOT displaying on Login Screen - Similar Threads - Hello Pin Login

2. Stuck in hello pin login loop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stuck in hello pin login loop: Im stuck in a loop where I cant login to my laptop.I enter my login details then it wants me to create a pin. I click next Then it says something went wrong, we werent able to set up your pin, you can try again or skip this step and try again later. I select try again with no...
  3. Stuck in hello pin login loop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Stuck in hello pin login loop: Im stuck in a loop where I cant login to my laptop.I enter my login details then it wants me to create a pin. I click next Then it says something went wrong, we werent able to set up your pin, you can try again or skip this step and try again later. I select try again with no...
  4. No PIN on Windows 11 login screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No PIN on Windows 11 login screen: I changed the email on my microsoft account. I can login to my Windows 10 desktop but my laptop only shows the main login screen but no blank for PIN sign in. The screen goes black when I click on anything. I can no longer use my laptop. I am using Windows 11. I have tried...
  5. No PIN on Windows 11 login screen

No PIN on Windows 11 login screen: I changed the email on my microsoft account. I can login to my Windows 10 desktop but my laptop only shows the main login screen but no blank for PIN sign in. The screen goes black when I click on anything. I can no longer use my laptop. I am using Windows 11. I have tried...
  6. Windows Hello Login

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Hello Login: I forgot my Microsoft account that is used to login to windows hello. It was new email account created so have not send any email or received email. When I try to recover the account. Microsoft doesn't allow to do so saying you have not provided us enough information....
  7. Windows Hello Login

Windows Hello Login: I forgot my Microsoft account that is used to login to windows hello. It was new email account created so have not send any email or received email. When I try to recover the account. Microsoft doesn't allow to do so saying you have not provided us enough information....
  8. Windows Hello for Business login - Pin screen behind spinning wheel

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows Hello for Business login - Pin screen behind spinning wheel: We configured Windows Hello for Business hybrid key trust; devices are joined on-premises. On my test laptop everything worked fine. But with the first test user, something strange appeared which I never saw before.If the user logs in with username/password, the user gets the...
  9. Windows Hello & Pin Login NOT displaying on Login Screen

Windows Hello & Pin Login NOT displaying on Login Screen: I have an HP EliteBook 830 G6 laptop, with a usb fingerprint reader. I have Windows 10 Pro version 2004 Build 19041.508. I use domain account: OnPremise AS + Office365 two months ago I configured Windows Hello PIN + FingerPrint following these steps: Set 3 policy:...
  10. Problem with login using hello picture and pin

Problem with login using hello picture and pin: Something went wrong during a sign in and both the windows hello and pin login are shown as not available. They both worked earlier on my machine. Is there a way to fix this....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. WINDOWS HELLO PIN LOGIN SCREEN PICTURES

2. windows hello login screen