Windows 10: Windows Hello PIN Loop

Discus and support Windows Hello PIN Loop in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I have been forced to create a Windows Hello PIN on all of my user accounts. I am ENTIRELY uninterested in this feature, yet any time I remove the PIN... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by TomStallings1, Jan 16, 2019.

1. Windows Hello PIN Loop

I have been forced to create a Windows Hello PIN on all of my user accounts. I am ENTIRELY uninterested in this feature, yet any time I remove the PIN from my account I am forced to recreate it the next time that I log in. I could probably live with this nonsense, except that every third time or so that I log in, I get a blue screen that tells me I need to finish setting up Windows Hello. It makes me re-enter my original password to verify my identity, then makes me re-enter my PIN to once again verify my identity, then it crashes. I end up on the desktop with a dead minimized Microsoft Account window that never goes away unless I whip out the Task Manager. If I ignore it, I'll end up with multiple dead minimized windows after a few days...I have three waiting to be executed as I type this.

After reading an earlier post, I tried to disable Windows Hello entirely under Settings/Accounts/Sign In Options, but there is nothing under the Windows Hello header except a message that reads "Windows Hello isn't Available on this Device". I'm awfully curious why it's making itself such a hassle if it isn't even compatible with this device.

How do I get rid of this garbage?

:)

TomStallings1, Jan 16, 2019
  2. Anne Ros Win User

Login with PIN and Hello

Hi Jean,

Windows 10 includes multiple options to sign-in to your account, including the ability to sign-in using a PIN and Windows Hello, which uses facial recognition. For us to provide a solution suited to your concern, we need additional information. Can
    you answer the questions below?

• How are you setting the PIN and Hello?
    • Which build version of Windows is your PC running on?
    • Were there any error codes or messages?

In the meantime, we suggest that you follow the steps below on how to set up PIN.

• Open Settings.
    • Select Accounts.
    • Click Sign-in options.
    • Click the Add button for the PIN and set your PIN.
    • Do the same for the Windows Hello.

Looking forward to your response.

Anne Ros, Jan 16, 2019
  3. Windows Hello - PIN Loop

Thank you for the information you have provided. Since you have created a PIN before, we are going to reset your Windows 10 PIN. Kindly follow the steps below:

• Open Settings > Accounts > Sign-in options
    • Click on I forgot my PIN.
    • You'll get a warning that you'll need to log in from scratch to access games, social networking, and more. Click on
      Continue.
    • Enter your Microsoft account password and then set up the new PIN.

Let us know if you have any other questions.

Robelene Win, Jan 16, 2019
  4. asm007 Win User

Windows Hello PIN Loop

Windows Hello - PIN Loop

When I click onI forgot my Pin it It then says that I can reset my PIN by going to Settings >Accounts>Sign-in Options.

I am already there. It won't allow me to reset.

asm007, Jan 16, 2019
Thema:

Windows Hello PIN Loop

1. Windows Hello PIN Loop - Similar Threads - Hello PIN Loop

2. Windows Hello: Setup Pin in Infinity Loop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Hello: Setup Pin in Infinity Loop: I’m trying to set up the entry method using Windows Hello, but when I try to create the PIN, I get stuck in the ‘Create PIN’ window. Even if I close the window, it opens again. I have already updated Windows, tried to remove and add the account, but nothing has solved my...
  3. Windows Hello: Setup Pin in Infinity Loop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Hello: Setup Pin in Infinity Loop: I’m trying to set up the entry method using Windows Hello, but when I try to create the PIN, I get stuck in the ‘Create PIN’ window. Even if I close the window, it opens again. I have already updated Windows, tried to remove and add the account, but nothing has solved my...
  4. Windows Hello Pin Loop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Hello Pin Loop: Hi, I just got a new PC. I installed windows 11 & made a Microsoft account. Now when I go to log in it it allows me to sign into Microsoft then it wants me to make a Windows Hello. When I try to, it says it’s not available right now. If I hit “skip for now” it kicks me back...
  5. Windows Hello Pin Loop

Windows Hello Pin Loop: Hi, I just got a new PC. I installed windows 11 & made a Microsoft account. Now when I go to log in it it allows me to sign into Microsoft then it wants me to make a Windows Hello. When I try to, it says it’s not available right now. If I hit “skip for now” it kicks me back...
  6. Windows Hello Pin Loop

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  7. Stuck in hello pin login loop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stuck in hello pin login loop: Im stuck in a loop where I cant login to my laptop.I enter my login details then it wants me to create a pin. I click next Then it says something went wrong, we werent able to set up your pin, you can try again or skip this step and try again later. I select try again with no...
  8. Stuck in hello pin login loop

Stuck in hello pin login loop: Im stuck in a loop where I cant login to my laptop.I enter my login details then it wants me to create a pin. I click next Then it says something went wrong, we werent able to set up your pin, you can try again or skip this step and try again later. I select try again with no...
  9. Windows 11 - Hello Pin Creation Sign In Loop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 - Hello Pin Creation Sign In Loop: I have an interesting issue I've run into. When trying to sign into a fresh clean install of Windows 11 using a "Work or School Account" it logs me in and does the MFA challenge. Once the challenge is complete it brings me to the Windows Hello Pin creation. When going into...
  10. Windows Hello Pin Loop

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows Hello Pin Loop: I've recently updated my HP Laptop to Windows 10 after they stopped supporting Windows 7. When I logged in after the install it told me to set up a pin. I tried to do that, putting in a pin and then confirming it. It thinks for a minute and then brings me right back to the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. stick in a loop of putting my pin in windows

2. windows 10 hello pin loop

3. your account requires a windows hello pin