Windows 10: Windows hello pin not working on a Device Joined to Azure AD for a users whose email...

Discus and support Windows hello pin not working on a Device Joined to Azure AD for a users whose email... in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; During the set up of a couple of computers for a client we ran into an issue. The process for setting up the computers involves joining the computer to... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Caleb Thornton, Aug 12, 2023.

1. Windows hello pin not working on a Device Joined to Azure AD for a users whose email...

During the set up of a couple of computers for a client we ran into an issue. The process for setting up the computers involves joining the computer to the Azure Active Directory with a local admin account and then logging into each account and setting a windows hello pin for the users as well as the applications they need on a daily basis. A few hours into this process we realized that that one of the users had a misspelling in there Microsoft email address and we changed this in the Azure AD admin portal. Upon returning to the laptop we were able to login with the password but not the pin we

:)

Caleb Thornton, Aug 12, 2023
  2. Dino-M Win User

Disconnecting on prem AD and then joining Azure AD creates new Windows profile?

Hello everyone,

I have a question about joining computers in my firm from on prem AD to Azure AD. When someone new arrives at our firm (new employee), there is a fresh installation of Windows 10. It is easy to join Azure AD
    because it is a fresh start, but now we have to migrate all Windows 10 users that are on prem AD to Azure AD. When I disconnect those users from our local on prem AD and join them to Azure AD, whole new Windows 10 profile is created, without any of settings,
    data or anything else on that profile (clean profile with few applications that are installed computer-wide). So my question is, is there any solution to keep their profile settings from before they joined Azure AD? Or I will have to simply tell them to backup
    everything (essential data).

What I tried so far:

• Tried tools for migration like ForensiT (User Profile Wizard, User Profile Manager and Transwiz, just to see if it is going to work) - not successful
    • Tried changing profile path from registry - not successful
    • Tried log in with the old credentials example: CONTOSO\user (because after I joined that computer to Azure AD user should log in as *** Email address is removed for privacy ***) - not successful
    Is there anything else I can try? Thanks for your answers.

Dino-M, Aug 12, 2023
  3. Is there a way to create a sort of dynamic group that removes user's ability to Join devices to Azure AD via Autopilot. The group is going to grant access to users to join devices to Azure AD

Is there a way to create a sort of dynamic group that removes users from a group granted access to add devices to Azure AD. the user's ability to Join devices to Azure AD via Autopilot?

50% of users in our environment are not enrolled in mFA. We do not want to grant access to all users to join devices to Azure AD

Ayodeji David92, Aug 12, 2023
  4. Windows hello pin not working on a Device Joined to Azure AD for a users whose email...

Azure AD Joined Workstation unable to login

All of our workstations are Azure AD joined when they are first set up. This usually means that any users can log into any device. These accounts are set up w/ Windows 10 Hello, which users are are required to set up a pin.

A couple of these workstations seemed to have flipped, almost looking like they have switched to a local account. There is no option to login as another user, no option to switch between password and pin. And the password for users do not work.

Any ideas?

Ethan Harriman, Aug 12, 2023
Thema:

Windows hello pin not working on a Device Joined to Azure AD for a users whose email...

1. Windows hello pin not working on a Device Joined to Azure AD for a users whose email... - Similar Threads - hello pin working

2. Login to Windows11 machines with Azure ad joined domain users

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Login to Windows11 machines with Azure ad joined domain users: Hello All,I'm new to Intune and trying to test MDM functionality to our Mac, Windows & Linux machines. We are using Google workspace as our primary IDP and I federated Google workspace as IDP and Azure AD as SP and enabled Single sign on that works fine When I login to...
  3. Login to Windows11 machines with Azure ad joined domain users

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Login to Windows11 machines with Azure ad joined domain users: Hello All,I'm new to Intune and trying to test MDM functionality to our Mac, Windows & Linux machines. We are using Google workspace as our primary IDP and I federated Google workspace as IDP and Azure AD as SP and enabled Single sign on that works fine When I login to...
  4. Windows hello pin not working on a Device Joined to Azure AD for a users whose email...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows hello pin not working on a Device Joined to Azure AD for a users whose email...: During the set up of a couple of computers for a client we ran into an issue. The process for setting up the computers involves joining the computer to the Azure Active Directory with a local admin account and then logging into each account and setting a windows hello pin for...
  5. Windows hello pin not working on a Device Joined to Azure AD for a users whose email...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows hello pin not working on a Device Joined to Azure AD for a users whose email...: During the set up of a couple of computers for a client we ran into an issue. The process for setting up the computers involves joining the computer to the Azure Active Directory with a local admin account and then logging into each account and setting a windows hello pin for...
  6. No audio / red x for an Azure AD joined user

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No audio / red x for an Azure AD joined user: Hi, Got no working audio in Windows 10. Red X/no input/output devices found All the Audio device drivers are operational in Device Manager. Switching the Windows Audio service and related "endpoint" service" to Local System Log On gives an appearance of a fix input...
  7. WIndows 10 Activation Issue / Azure AD joined device

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    WIndows 10 Activation Issue / Azure AD joined device: Couple of quick bullets: We are a Microsoft 365 E3 customer which includes Windows 10 Enterprise. The machine in question is a brand new Dell Optiplex with Windows 10 Version 10.0.19041.388. There have been no hardware changes. Device is Azure AD joined, and the joined...
  8. RDP to Azure AD joined computer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    RDP to Azure AD joined computer: I am trying to connect to a remote computer that is Azure AD joined. Both the client and host computer are running Windows 10 version 1809. Currently I am connecting without NLA to be able to authentication myself, but I would like to connect with NLA. According to this...
  9. Dis-Join Azure AD

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Dis-Join Azure AD: Hello - Setting up a new install of Windows 10, when I attempt to join our domain active directory I get the message Joined to Azure AD, choose disconnect your device first. Researched how and the option to disconnect is not there. One person who also reported this same issue...
  10. Join Windows 10 PC to Azure AD

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Join Windows 10 PC to Azure AD: How to: Join Windows 10 PC to Azure AD [img] Information First, a bit longer quote to explain Azure AD: Azure Active Directory (Azure AD) provides an easy way for businesses to manage identity and access, both in the cloud and on-premises. Your users can use the...