Windows 10: Windows Hello Pin not working

Discus and support Windows Hello Pin not working in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi all,This morning when I wanted to sign in on my laptop my PC didn't ask for the PIN as usual but wanted my whole password which is super long. After... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by BenFoster9, Jan 25, 2022.

1. Windows Hello Pin not working

Hi all,This morning when I wanted to sign in on my laptop my PC didn't ask for the PIN as usual but wanted my whole password which is super long. After signing in I went into the options to set it up again to use the PIN but under windows hello face/windows hello fingerprint/windows hello pin it says "this option is currently unavailable - click to learn more".If I do click to learn more a Microsoft sign in window comes up, but if I try to use my windows account it says something like "don't use your own account, log in with your organisations account instead". The problem is THERE IS NO organ

:)

BenFoster9, Jan 25, 2022
  2. Anne Ros Win User

Login with PIN and Hello

Hi Jean,

Windows 10 includes multiple options to sign-in to your account, including the ability to sign-in using a PIN and Windows Hello, which uses facial recognition. For us to provide a solution suited to your concern, we need additional information. Can
    you answer the questions below?

• How are you setting the PIN and Hello?
    • Which build version of Windows is your PC running on?
    • Were there any error codes or messages?

In the meantime, we suggest that you follow the steps below on how to set up PIN.

• Open Settings.
    • Select Accounts.
    • Click Sign-in options.
    • Click the Add button for the PIN and set your PIN.
    • Do the same for the Windows Hello.

Looking forward to your response.

Anne Ros, Jan 25, 2022
  3. Noor_Azam Win User
    Unable to setup Windows Hello, error: incorrect pin

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

May I know the complete error code or error message that you are receiving when you try to setup Windows Hello?

Do you have any other user account on the computer?

If yes, does Windows Hello work on that account?

If Windows Hello is not setup on other account, please setup it up and check if it works so that we can narrow down the issue for you.

I suggest to remove the pin and setup a new pin on the child account and check if it works with Windows Hello.

Please follow the steps below to remove and re-add the PIN:

• Press Windows logo key + I to open Settings.
    • Select Accounts.
    • Click on Sign-in options.
    • Under PIN, remove the pin. There will be prompt to enter password, enter the password and removed the PIN.
    • After the pin is removed, please click on
      Add to setup pin for the account.
    • After setting up a new PIN, try to set up Windows Hello.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Noor Azam S

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Noor_Azam, Jan 25, 2022
  4. Windows Hello Pin not working

windows hello and pin

Hi,

This error code is usually caused by corrupted Windows system files. For better assistance, we would like to ask the following:

• What happens when you're trying to set up Windows Hello or a pin on your computer?
    • Is there an error message displayed when setting up Windows Hello or a pin?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • How did you reinstall Windows?

Looking forward to your reply so we can provide the best resolution for you.

Gerard Qui, Jan 25, 2022
Thema:

Windows Hello Pin not working

1. Windows Hello Pin not working - Similar Threads - Hello Pin working

2. Hello and PIN not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hello and PIN not working: I am locked out of my computer because the hello is not working and it is asking me for my PIN, which is not being recognized. I do not have the sign in option to use my password...
  3. Hello and PIN not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hello and PIN not working: I am locked out of my computer because the hello is not working and it is asking me for my PIN, which is not being recognized. I do not have the sign in option to use my password...
  4. Windows Hello pin does not work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Hello pin does not work: Hello,Windows Hello keeps prompting me to set-up a PIN number and it keeps giving me the below error.Please give me a solution to set-up the PIN, tell me how to stop getting the annoying prompt every time I log in,or how to delete Windows Hello from my PC. I have already...
  5. Windows Hello pin does not work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Hello pin does not work: Hello,Windows Hello keeps prompting me to set-up a PIN number and it keeps giving me the below error.Please give me a solution to set-up the PIN, tell me how to stop getting the annoying prompt every time I log in,or how to delete Windows Hello from my PC. I have already...
  6. Windows Hello Pin not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Hello Pin not working: Hi all,This morning when I wanted to sign in on my laptop my PC didn't ask for the PIN as usual but wanted my whole password which is super long. After signing in I went into the options to set it up again to use the PIN but under windows hello face/windows hello...
  7. Windows Hello Pin not working

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Hello Pin not working: Hi all,This morning when I wanted to sign in on my laptop my PC didn't ask for the PIN as usual but wanted my whole password which is super long. After signing in I went into the options to set it up again to use the PIN but under windows hello face/windows hello...
  8. Windows Hello PIN not working - continues!

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Hello PIN not working - continues!: Hey thereI have the same issue and I have followed all the steps in your article without success.https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hello/windows-hello-pin-this-option-is-currently/e217182f-89a9-4baf-ba1c-9bedc726eaa1I have the same issue in the 2nd...
  9. Windows Hello Pin Not Working

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Windows Hello Pin Not Working: I just bought a brand new computer. Everything from the tower, to the monitor, & all the wiring in between, brand new. I have can login to the computer itself using my pin. The issue at hand reveals itself once I open the Microsoft Store app on my windows 10 pc. When I try...
  10. Windows Hello Setup Pin not working

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows Hello Setup Pin not working: Me and my... friend are logging into Microsoft store with secondary accounts on each other's desktop computers. We both have pins to sign in. It prompts us to enter our passwords which we do correctly. It then says "Set up your account with Windows Hello". To continue, we...