Windows 10: Windows Hello PIN - On local accounts

Discus and support Windows Hello PIN - On local accounts in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hello Community,Windows Hello PIN has been used mainly on Microsoft accounts, but I've seen it to local accounts. It works the same, type in your PIN.... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by SoftOrange Tech, May 8, 2022.

1. Windows Hello PIN - On local accounts

Hello Community,Windows Hello PIN has been used mainly on Microsoft accounts, but I've seen it to local accounts. It works the same, type in your PIN. You can also select password, but still the same.

:)

SoftOrange Tech, May 8, 2022
  2. Anne Ros Win User

Login with PIN and Hello

Hi Jean,

Windows 10 includes multiple options to sign-in to your account, including the ability to sign-in using a PIN and Windows Hello, which uses facial recognition. For us to provide a solution suited to your concern, we need additional information. Can
    you answer the questions below?

• How are you setting the PIN and Hello?
    • Which build version of Windows is your PC running on?
    • Were there any error codes or messages?

In the meantime, we suggest that you follow the steps below on how to set up PIN.

• Open Settings.
    • Select Accounts.
    • Click Sign-in options.
    • Click the Add button for the PIN and set your PIN.
    • Do the same for the Windows Hello.

Looking forward to your response.

Anne Ros, May 8, 2022
  3. Jelo Sen Win User
    Windows Hello and Pin sign on

Hello Adam,

There are a number of reasons why you can’t set up Windows Hello and Pin at the same time. To isolate the issue, we would like you to answer the following questions:

• Are you trying to set up Windows Hello using a Microsoft or a Local account?
    • Have you made any recent changes on your device?
    • Are you getting any error messages?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

Looking forward to your response.

Jelo Sen, May 8, 2022
  4. Windows Hello PIN - On local accounts

Local account installation question

I'm fairly certain that Skip this step was available in 10.0.130 - the workaround in Step 20 (back button) is no longer required.

The currently known, as of 10.0.130, ways to create a Local account sign-in are
    • Skip this step at the MS account creation phase
    • No Internet connection during the install
    • static IP (post# 2 by Fragment) - New (to me anyway)

Slartybart, May 8, 2022
Thema:

Windows Hello PIN - On local accounts

1. Windows Hello PIN - On local accounts - Similar Threads - Hello PIN local

2. log in with pin on a local account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    log in with pin on a local account: I am currently trying to change my already set pin on windows 10, and windows is not allowing me.My computer has always had a local user, I purposely never used a logged in account because most of the time I do not want a password on my pc at all.A while ago I set a pin as my...
  3. log in with pin on a local account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    log in with pin on a local account: I am currently trying to change my already set pin on windows 10, and windows is not allowing me.My computer has always had a local user, I purposely never used a logged in account because most of the time I do not want a password on my pc at all.A while ago I set a pin as my...
  4. log in with pin on a local account

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. local account pin forgotten

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    local account pin forgotten: I set a local Account password along with a picture password and a pin but sadly i forgot the password and pin and i didnt set a reset disk i can only unlock through picture password as i only remember picture password . to even reset they ask me for the local account...
  6. local account pin forgotten

in Windows 10 Gaming
    local account pin forgotten: I set a local Account password along with a picture password and a pin but sadly i forgot the password and pin and i didnt set a reset disk i can only unlock through picture password as i only remember picture password . to even reset they ask me for the local account...
  7. Windows Hello PIN - On local accounts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Hello PIN - On local accounts: Hello Community,Windows Hello PIN has been used mainly on Microsoft accounts, but I've seen it to local accounts. It works the same, type in your PIN. You can also select password, but still the same....
  8. Windows Hello PIN - On local accounts

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Hello PIN - On local accounts: Hello Community,Windows Hello PIN has been used mainly on Microsoft accounts, but I've seen it to local accounts. It works the same, type in your PIN. You can also select password, but still the same....
  9. Microsoft Account and Windows Hello PIN

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Microsoft Account and Windows Hello PIN: Last weekend I wiped my SSD and re-installed Windows 10 Home Edition and subsequently the upgrade to Windows 10 Pro and Microsoft 365. Windows 10 version number 20H2. OS Build 19042.662. Install and 365 download went as expected, but I made two errors for which I am at loss...
  10. local account pin

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    local account pin: I've forgotten the pin/password for my local account, how do I recover it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/local-account-pin/194f8588-4c2e-4862-ba43-444e3b45b199