Windows 10: Windows hello + pin stops working because of my Microsoft Account

Discus and support Windows hello + pin stops working because of my Microsoft Account in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Hello, I have an issue regarding Windows Hello. Every time I set it up on my laptop(XPS 13 9360) after a day or so it stops working and I get a message... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by CarThrottlefan1, Aug 30, 2019.

1. Windows hello + pin stops working because of my Microsoft Account

Hello, I have an issue regarding Windows Hello. Every time I set it up on my laptop(XPS 13 9360) after a day or so it stops working and I get a message stating that "Some of your accounts require your attention". I click it and I get to a pop up saying that I need to enable windows hello on my account. But every single time I try to do it I get an error stating that something went wrong and that I would get that pop up again the next time I restart my computer. And the pin + windows hello stops working . The only thing I believe causes all of this is the fact that my main PC, which is also on this account, doesn't have Windows Hello support.

:)

CarThrottlefan1, Aug 30, 2019
  2. Anne Ros Win User

Login with PIN and Hello

Hi Jean,

Windows 10 includes multiple options to sign-in to your account, including the ability to sign-in using a PIN and Windows Hello, which uses facial recognition. For us to provide a solution suited to your concern, we need additional information. Can
    you answer the questions below?

• How are you setting the PIN and Hello?
    • Which build version of Windows is your PC running on?
    • Were there any error codes or messages?

In the meantime, we suggest that you follow the steps below on how to set up PIN.

• Open Settings.
    • Select Accounts.
    • Click Sign-in options.
    • Click the Add button for the PIN and set your PIN.
    • Do the same for the Windows Hello.

Looking forward to your response.

Anne Ros, Aug 30, 2019
  3. Noor_Azam Win User
    Unable to setup Windows Hello, error: incorrect pin

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

May I know the complete error code or error message that you are receiving when you try to setup Windows Hello?

Do you have any other user account on the computer?

If yes, does Windows Hello work on that account?

If Windows Hello is not setup on other account, please setup it up and check if it works so that we can narrow down the issue for you.

I suggest to remove the pin and setup a new pin on the child account and check if it works with Windows Hello.

Please follow the steps below to remove and re-add the PIN:

• Press Windows logo key + I to open Settings.
    • Select Accounts.
    • Click on Sign-in options.
    • Under PIN, remove the pin. There will be prompt to enter password, enter the password and removed the PIN.
    • After the pin is removed, please click on
      Add to setup pin for the account.
    • After setting up a new PIN, try to set up Windows Hello.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Noor Azam S

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Noor_Azam, Aug 30, 2019
  4. Windows hello + pin stops working because of my Microsoft Account

Can't create pin for login. Pin stopped working

Hi Kevin,

To resolve your concern about creating pin to your computer, we suggest that you follow these steps:

• Navigate to C:\Windows\ServiceProfiles\LocalService\AppData\Local\Microsoft\NGC (click to get permission when prompted).
    • Delete the contents of that folder (delete everything in that folder, but leave that folder and everything above it).
    • Go back to settings, accounts, sign in options.
    • Your non-working pin will now be gone, and you can just click 'add a pin' and set it again.

Let us know how it goes.

PreciousLeb, Aug 30, 2019
Thema:

Windows hello + pin stops working because of my Microsoft Account

1. Windows hello + pin stops working because of my Microsoft Account - Similar Threads - hello pin stops

2. Windows 10 Hello-Pin stopped working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Hello-Pin stopped working: Hello,my Windows Hello-Pin suddenly stopped working.Prior to this there were no updates.Already tried the following:- snc /scannow- renamed the Ngc Folder- reset of the settings app- reset of tpcAfter the rename of the Ngc Folder i can't add the Hello-Pin. After i click on...
  3. Windows 10 Hello-Pin stopped working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Hello-Pin stopped working: Hello,my Windows Hello-Pin suddenly stopped working.Prior to this there were no updates.Already tried the following:- snc /scannow- renamed the Ngc Folder- reset of the settings app- reset of tpcAfter the rename of the Ngc Folder i can't add the Hello-Pin. After i click on...
  4. Windows 10 Hello-Pin stopped working

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Cant log into my Microsoft Account because of "MS Hello"

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Cant log into my Microsoft Account because of "MS Hello": Hello, I did not buy MS Hello as I didn't want it, I reset my computer and updated it to its most recent update as I was switching from HDD to SSD, now I want to log into my MS word and One Note which had some very important things in it. Now when I sign in to my Microsoft...
  6. Microsoft Hello on My New Laptop Stopped Working

Microsoft Hello on My New Laptop Stopped Working: Good day, I have a 1 day old laptop, and am facing issues with Microsoft Hello, as shown below. Please assist! Thank you. [ATTACH]...
  7. I can't log into old microsoft accounts because of forgotten Windows Hello Pin

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can't log into old microsoft accounts because of forgotten Windows Hello Pin: Hello, I have Minecraft Bedrock edition on two other Microsoft accounts. I cannot log into either of these accounts because of old pins I do not remember and there is LITERALLY no way to reset them without being on an old device. Better yet, I reset one of the account's pins...
  8. Microsoft Account and Windows Hello PIN

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Microsoft Account and Windows Hello PIN: Last weekend I wiped my SSD and re-installed Windows 10 Home Edition and subsequently the upgrade to Windows 10 Pro and Microsoft 365. Windows 10 version number 20H2. OS Build 19042.662. Install and 365 download went as expected, but I made two errors for which I am at loss...
  9. Windows hello not working because something went wrong with PIN.

Windows hello not working because something went wrong with PIN.: Hi, I am running Windows 10 Home on HP Omen-17 with Windows Hello Facial Recognition. I am able to set it up. But when I restart or Power down and up again, The login screen is blank. I have to put it to sleep and re-enter. When I do that, the error comes up saying...
  10. Windows Hello Pin Not Working

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Windows Hello Pin Not Working: I just bought a brand new computer. Everything from the tower, to the monitor, & all the wiring in between, brand new. I have can login to the computer itself using my pin. The issue at hand reveals itself once I open the Microsoft Store app on my windows 10 pc. When I try...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. hello pin sign in issues microsoft store

2. what is windows hello and did my pin stopped working