Windows 10: Windows Hello PIN - this option is currently unavailable

Discus and support Windows Hello PIN - this option is currently unavailable in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Hey all, When I signed in today, my PIN said it needed to be changed because of my organization and in wanting to keep it the same, I searched how... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by napantaleo, Aug 21, 2019.

1. Windows Hello PIN - this option is currently unavailable

Hey all,

When I signed in today, my PIN said it needed to be changed because of my organization and in wanting to keep it the same, I searched how to avoid this and the suggestion was to remove your pin and re-add it. I went about doing that, but now I cannot add back the pin, it's greyed out. I've tried various things to fix it:

• edited the local policy on the computer to include AllowDomainPINLogon
    • opened the group policy and enabled convenicience pin sign-in.
    • updated

Please don't suggest deleting an NGC folder as I cannot find one in my system.

One thing I did notice when going through settings was set-up windows hello, attempted to follow this however there is no windows hello section on my sign-in options. I did make sure that windows hello for business was enabled but that did nothing.

:)

napantaleo, Aug 21, 2019
  2. Anne Ros Win User

Login with PIN and Hello

Hi Jean,

Windows 10 includes multiple options to sign-in to your account, including the ability to sign-in using a PIN and Windows Hello, which uses facial recognition. For us to provide a solution suited to your concern, we need additional information. Can
    you answer the questions below?

• How are you setting the PIN and Hello?
    • Which build version of Windows is your PC running on?
    • Were there any error codes or messages?

In the meantime, we suggest that you follow the steps below on how to set up PIN.

• Open Settings.
    • Select Accounts.
    • Click Sign-in options.
    • Click the Add button for the PIN and set your PIN.
    • Do the same for the Windows Hello.

Looking forward to your response.

Anne Ros, Aug 21, 2019
  3. CrazyKats Win User
    No Windows hello option on my HP Probook?

What build of Windows 10 is on the Probook?

If you go to Settings, Accounts and Sign In

options and you don't see Windows Hello in

the option list, then I would say your device

is not capable of Windows Hello.

I see Windows Hello in my list, but it says

"this option is currently unavailable".

CrazyKats, Aug 21, 2019
  4. Windows Hello PIN - this option is currently unavailable

Hello & PIN sign-in options missing

Hi,

The Hello (face recognition) and PIN options have disappeared from the sign-in options on my Dell Inspiron running Windows 10.

This occurred after having to resolve a SecureBoot problem - likely to be due to a recent automatic upgrade.

Each time I try and set a new image and new PIN, I get caught in a loop for the PIN and the image for Hello never successfully forces through creation of Hello and PIN sign-in options.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

BArry

BarryMacleod-Cullinane, Aug 21, 2019
Thema:

Windows Hello PIN - this option is currently unavailable

1. Windows Hello PIN - this option is currently unavailable - Similar Threads - Hello PIN option

2. PIN Windows, hello windows ,fingerprint This option is currently unavailable

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PIN Windows, hello windows ,fingerprint This option is currently unavailable: I tried to fix this problem, but I couldn't!!!! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pin-windows-hello-windows-fingerprint-this-option/618083c9-cb41-4a95-ac59-2e214b889094
  3. PIN Windows, hello windows ,fingerprint This option is currently unavailable

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PIN Windows, hello windows ,fingerprint This option is currently unavailable: I tried to fix this problem, but I couldn't!!!! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pin-windows-hello-windows-fingerprint-this-option/618083c9-cb41-4a95-ac59-2e214b889094
  4. PIN Windows Hello Windows 11 - This option is currently unavailable

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PIN Windows Hello Windows 11 - This option is currently unavailable: I had an issue on my personal laptop where my organisation required that I change my pin.I ended up removing the PIN and now it says that this option is currently unavailable, try again later. I am unable to set up any Windows Hello sign-in options....
  5. Windows Hello PIN This option is currently unavailable

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows Hello PIN This option is currently unavailable: Hi, I tried to set up a PIN to sign in to my computer, instead of entering my password every time. But it is telling me the hello pin is currently unavailable. I tried checking for updates, and my Windows is up to date, but that did not help....
  6. Windows Hello PIN. This option is currently unavailable.

Windows Hello PIN. This option is currently unavailable.: The option to manage my Windows Hello PIN is not available. When I try to manage it I get the message "Sorry, this PIN isn't working for your organization's resources." I have three email addresses that I use on Outlook. Two are set up as work emails and one is personal. My...
  7. Windows Hello Pin - this option is currently unavailable

Windows Hello Pin - this option is currently unavailable: Hi, For logging into the account, I have options for password and PIN both of which works. I would like to remove the PIN option for logging in, but unable to remove the PIN as it's indicated as unavailable on the sign-in options at setting. Could anyone help me with...
  8. windows hello pin this option is currently unavailable

windows hello pin this option is currently unavailable: vwindows hello pin this option is currently unavailable https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-hello-pin-this-option-is-currently/b337ce36-5607-4557-a81e-54c23708118d
  9. Windows Hello Pin This option is currently unavailable

Windows Hello Pin This option is currently unavailable: Hi,I recently forgot my windows pin password and I wanted to reset it but it says This option is currently unavailable and when I press the button where it says Tap or click here to fix it,it gives me this error.This causes a bit of problem for the Microsoft word and it says...
  10. This option is currently unavailable - Windows Hello Pin

This option is currently unavailable - Windows Hello Pin: Hi , I have a domain joined computer with password policy. But when i try to set a Pin or Fingerprint am getting the error "Option is currently unavailable ". I Tried applying GPO settings for Enable Bio metric from the below....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows hello pin unavailable

2. windows hello pin this option is currently unavailable

3. windows hello pin currently unavailable

4. windows hello pin this option is unavailable,
  5. windows hello this option is currently unavailable,
  6. Windows hello pin is currently unavailable,
  7. windows hello pin option is currently unavailable,
  8. windows hello pin is unavailable,
  9. why is windows hello pin unavailable,
  10. pin option is currently unavailable,
  11. that option is temporarily unavailable pin,