Windows 10: Windows Hello Pin won't allow setup - Tried Ngc folder contents deletion

Discus and support Windows Hello Pin won't allow setup - Tried Ngc folder contents deletion in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; At some point I stopped being able to log in with my PIN or fingerprint reader. Since logging on with my password and trying to reset the PIN I have... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by loginprobs, Oct 17, 2019.

1. Windows Hello Pin won't allow setup - Tried Ngc folder contents deletion

At some point I stopped being able to log in with my PIN or fingerprint reader. Since logging on with my password and trying to reset the PIN I have not been able to use Windows Hello.

Trying to add a new PIN leads to the eventual message of "Something went wrong. We weren't able to set up your pin..."

Following instructions from various help forums I have deleted the contents of the Ngc folder and have also tried resetting the Access Control Lists on the Ngc folder. Neither of these things have worked.

Does anyone have any further suggestions?

:)

loginprobs, Oct 17, 2019

2. Cannot Create PIN After Deleting Contents of Ngc folder

My pin stopped working after Windows 10 did an update. I followed instructions read elsewhere to delete contents of my Ngc folder. I went to my account setting to create a pin. It asked me for my password to log in. I entered it and then nothing happened.

Now when I go back to sign-in options for my account and I click create pin the system works for a second and then stops and nothing happens. This is after a fresh reboot. If I try to enter the sign-in options a second time without rebooting the page does not load at all.

Thank you in advance for your help

ssturner1124, Oct 17, 2019
  3. AlexM.1 Win User
    Can't delete the contents of Ngc folder (having problems with accessing my device using PIN vs password).

I need to delete the contents of Ngc folder to fix the issue with accessing my device with a PIN. I am an administrator, received ownership of the folder and all contents, but the system will not delete the contents no matter what, claims I need the permission
    of the admin. Makes no sense. Read online tons of people have same issue, but no solution yet.

Thanks

AlexM.1, Oct 17, 2019
  4. Windows Hello Pin won't allow setup - Tried Ngc folder contents deletion

Can't create pin for login. Pin stopped working

Hi Kevin,

To resolve your concern about creating pin to your computer, we suggest that you follow these steps:

• Navigate to C:\Windows\ServiceProfiles\LocalService\AppData\Local\Microsoft\NGC (click to get permission when prompted).
    • Delete the contents of that folder (delete everything in that folder, but leave that folder and everything above it).
    • Go back to settings, accounts, sign in options.
    • Your non-working pin will now be gone, and you can just click 'add a pin' and set it again.

Let us know how it goes.

PreciousLeb, Oct 17, 2019
Thema:

Windows Hello Pin won't allow setup - Tried Ngc folder contents deletion

1. Windows Hello Pin won't allow setup - Tried Ngc folder contents deletion - Similar Threads - Hello Pin won't

2. Can't reset Windows Hello Pin and can't find Ngc folder

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Can't reset Windows Hello Pin and can't find Ngc folder: Whenever I open my laptop and then click sign in, it tells me to create Windows Hello PIN, but before creating my PIN it tells me to verify my identity and enter the PIN for my account, though I don't have one. And when I click 'I forgot my PIN' it says 'You can reset your...
  3. Can't reset Windows Hello Pin and can't find Ngc folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't reset Windows Hello Pin and can't find Ngc folder: Whenever I open my laptop and then click sign in, it tells me to create Windows Hello PIN, but before creating my PIN it tells me to verify my identity and enter the PIN for my account, though I don't have one. And when I click 'I forgot my PIN' it says 'You can reset your...
  4. Can't reset Windows Hello Pin and can't find Ngc folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Hello Pin Setup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hello Pin Setup: 1 I signed in to my Microsoft account on my laptop;2 After restarting, I was required to set up a hello pin;3 The pin was required not to be in pure digit format;4 But nothing could be typed in except for digits;5 The keyboard was fully functioning.Could anyone please help me...
  6. Hello Pin Setup

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Hello Pin Setup: 1 I signed in to my Microsoft account on my laptop;2 After restarting, I was required to set up a hello pin;3 The pin was required not to be in pure digit format;4 But nothing could be typed in except for digits;5 The keyboard was fully functioning.Could anyone please help me...
  7. Hello Pin Setup

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. Trying to delete a folder, but it won't allow me.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Trying to delete a folder, but it won't allow me.: I'm trying to delete a folder , but it won't allow me, can anyone help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/trying-to-delete-a-folder-but-it-wont-allow-me/f4f1a830-6311-4ae3-99a1-34e027f77806
  9. Cannot Create PIN After Deleting Contents of Ngc folder

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Cannot Create PIN After Deleting Contents of Ngc folder: My pin stopped working after Windows 10 did an update. I followed instructions read elsewhere to delete contents of my Ngc folder. I went to my account setting to create a pin. It asked me for my password to log in. I entered it and then nothing happened. Now when I go...
  10. Cannot reset PIN after deleting files in NGC Folder

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Cannot reset PIN after deleting files in NGC Folder: My pin stopped working after Windows 10 did an update. I followed instructions read elsewhere to delete contents of my Ngc folder. I went to my account setting to create a pin. It asked me for my password to log in. I entered it and then nothing happened. Now when I go...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows hello ngc folder

2. clear ncg windows pin something went wrong

3. windows NCG folder