Windows 10: Windows Hello PIN

Discus and support Windows Hello PIN in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I have a problem with Windows Hello PIN on my PC. I’ve tried to find it in the setup but it is not available... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by WilhelminaShepley, May 14, 2020.

1. Windows Hello PIN

I have a problem with Windows Hello PIN on my PC. I’ve tried to find it in the setup but it is not available

:)

WilhelminaShepley, May 14, 2020
  2. Anne Ros Win User

Login with PIN and Hello

Hi Jean,

Windows 10 includes multiple options to sign-in to your account, including the ability to sign-in using a PIN and Windows Hello, which uses facial recognition. For us to provide a solution suited to your concern, we need additional information. Can
    you answer the questions below?

• How are you setting the PIN and Hello?
    • Which build version of Windows is your PC running on?
    • Were there any error codes or messages?

In the meantime, we suggest that you follow the steps below on how to set up PIN.

• Open Settings.
    • Select Accounts.
    • Click Sign-in options.
    • Click the Add button for the PIN and set your PIN.
    • Do the same for the Windows Hello.

Looking forward to your response.

Anne Ros, May 14, 2020
  3. windows hello and pin

Hi,

This error code is usually caused by corrupted Windows system files. For better assistance, we would like to ask the following:

• What happens when you're trying to set up Windows Hello or a pin on your computer?
    • Is there an error message displayed when setting up Windows Hello or a pin?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • How did you reinstall Windows?

Looking forward to your reply so we can provide the best resolution for you.

Gerard Qui, May 14, 2020
  4. Noor_Azam Win User

Windows Hello PIN

Unable to setup Windows Hello, error: incorrect pin

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

May I know the complete error code or error message that you are receiving when you try to setup Windows Hello?

Do you have any other user account on the computer?

If yes, does Windows Hello work on that account?

If Windows Hello is not setup on other account, please setup it up and check if it works so that we can narrow down the issue for you.

I suggest to remove the pin and setup a new pin on the child account and check if it works with Windows Hello.

Please follow the steps below to remove and re-add the PIN:

• Press Windows logo key + I to open Settings.
    • Select Accounts.
    • Click on Sign-in options.
    • Under PIN, remove the pin. There will be prompt to enter password, enter the password and removed the PIN.
    • After the pin is removed, please click on
      Add to setup pin for the account.
    • After setting up a new PIN, try to set up Windows Hello.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Noor Azam S

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Noor_Azam, May 14, 2020
Thema:

Windows Hello PIN

1. Windows Hello PIN - Similar Threads - Hello PIN

2. Can't setup Windows Hello PIN on kids account

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Can't setup Windows Hello PIN on kids account: I setup a family account for my 7 year old. He already had a local account on my windows 10 laptop but I am trying to activate the family account to have parental control. I have given access to his family account and I can login using his password but whenever I try to...
  3. Cannot set up Windows Hello Pin or fingerprint or face but I don't want to use that

Cannot set up Windows Hello Pin or fingerprint or face but I don't want to use that: When trying to set up pin/fingerprint have the below. I have cleared the Ngc folder windows update says I am up to date. Could you please advise how to either fix or remove. Fingerprint and pin were working fine up until I went to change the current pin. It is windows...
  4. Windows hello finger print, hello face, and hello PIN option currently unavalible.

Windows hello finger print, hello face, and hello PIN option currently unavalible.: Hello, A few days ago I went to log into my computer and I must have had lotion on or something because the finger scanner did not recognize my print. It asked me to type in my PIN which I did not remember so instead I clicked on the "sign in with password" option. Since...
  5. Windows Hello Facial Recognition asking for PIN too

Windows Hello Facial Recognition asking for PIN too: up until recently, can't pinpoint when, i could login to my domain joined laptop with facial recognition only. now it recognises me but always asks for PIN too before i can login any ideas? not changed password, PIN. i've reset facial recog up from scratch and improve...
  6. How do I completely remove windows hello pin from my computer?

How do I completely remove windows hello pin from my computer?: Hi there, Despite disabling Windows Hello pin on my laptop multiple times, the sign in option for 'Hello pin' is still available. How do I remove the optional log in function from my Windows 10? Or remove Windows Hello Pin from my laptop completely? Thank you, S...
  7. Windows Hello Requiring PIN to sign in. Fingerprint not saving

Windows Hello Requiring PIN to sign in. Fingerprint not saving: I have a strange bug in my system. 1 I cannot seem to have my have Windows Hello log me in without needing a PIN. 2 When adding a fingerprint, It asks for me to set up a PIN. I already have a pin set up. So I put in that pin, it accepts it, and then doesn't save my...
  8. Can't use Windows Hello & Pin

Can't use Windows Hello & Pin: I always use windows hello but all of a sudden it only lets me use a pin with the message"Your Pin is required to sign in". I can't even select windows hello. Tried to click "i forgot my pin" but my surface go didn't respond, and now i can't log in at all. Restarted...
  9. Configure Windows Hello PIN.

Configure Windows Hello PIN.: When I first got my XPS 9570 I set it up with Windows Hello fingerprint which works perfectly but I went into the setting today to add another fingerprint and seen the message in the picture attached. Any quick fixes for this? [ATTACH] OS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Home...
  10. Windows Hello Pin This option is currently unavailable

Windows Hello Pin This option is currently unavailable: Hi,I recently forgot my windows pin password and I wanted to reset it but it says This option is currently unavailable and when I press the button where it says Tap or click here to fix it,it gives me this error.This causes a bit of problem for the Microsoft word and it says...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Windows Hello Pin.

2. this option is currently unavailable pin