Windows 10: Windows Hello pin

Discus and support Windows Hello pin in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I am not set up for, nor do not want to have password login for my system. Right after installing 20h2 yesterday, Windows started nagging me to set... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by kitpzyxmsir, Apr 30, 2021.

1. Windows Hello pin

I am not set up for, nor do not want to have password login for my system.

Right after installing 20h2 yesterday, Windows started nagging me to set up "Windows Hello", in order to "make sure my system is working properly" or something to that effect.

I wonder if this has any connection with the fact that I occasionally get a popup alert that my Microsoft account needs attention, at which point I am taken to the setting, and asked to sign in to my account. I do so, use Microsoft Authenticator to confirm.

The reason I mention this point is that the "Windows Hello" settings are right below the Microsoft Account settings.

What exactly happens if I set up a pin? Will I now have to enter a pin to login to Windows? If I get that message about my Microsoft account, will I now have to enter a pin?

:)

kitpzyxmsir, Apr 30, 2021
  2. Anne Ros Win User

Login with PIN and Hello

Hi Jean,

Windows 10 includes multiple options to sign-in to your account, including the ability to sign-in using a PIN and Windows Hello, which uses facial recognition. For us to provide a solution suited to your concern, we need additional information. Can
    you answer the questions below?

• How are you setting the PIN and Hello?
    • Which build version of Windows is your PC running on?
    • Were there any error codes or messages?

In the meantime, we suggest that you follow the steps below on how to set up PIN.

• Open Settings.
    • Select Accounts.
    • Click Sign-in options.
    • Click the Add button for the PIN and set your PIN.
    • Do the same for the Windows Hello.

Looking forward to your response.

Anne Ros, Apr 30, 2021
  3. windows hello and pin

Hi,

This error code is usually caused by corrupted Windows system files. For better assistance, we would like to ask the following:

• What happens when you're trying to set up Windows Hello or a pin on your computer?
    • Is there an error message displayed when setting up Windows Hello or a pin?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • How did you reinstall Windows?

Looking forward to your reply so we can provide the best resolution for you.

Gerard Qui, Apr 30, 2021
  4. Noor_Azam Win User

Windows Hello pin

Unable to setup Windows Hello, error: incorrect pin

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

May I know the complete error code or error message that you are receiving when you try to setup Windows Hello?

Do you have any other user account on the computer?

If yes, does Windows Hello work on that account?

If Windows Hello is not setup on other account, please setup it up and check if it works so that we can narrow down the issue for you.

I suggest to remove the pin and setup a new pin on the child account and check if it works with Windows Hello.

Please follow the steps below to remove and re-add the PIN:

• Press Windows logo key + I to open Settings.
    • Select Accounts.
    • Click on Sign-in options.
    • Under PIN, remove the pin. There will be prompt to enter password, enter the password and removed the PIN.
    • After the pin is removed, please click on
      Add to setup pin for the account.
    • After setting up a new PIN, try to set up Windows Hello.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Noor Azam S

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Noor_Azam, Apr 30, 2021
Thema:

Windows Hello pin

1. Windows Hello pin - Similar Threads - Hello pin

2. Windows Hello for Business login - Pin screen behind spinning wheel

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows Hello for Business login - Pin screen behind spinning wheel: We configured Windows Hello for Business hybrid key trust; devices are joined on-premises. On my test laptop everything worked fine. But with the first test user, something strange appeared which I never saw before.If the user logs in with username/password, the user gets the...
  3. Windows Hello Pin Unwelcome Prompts

Windows Hello Pin Unwelcome Prompts: Hey.I use my MS account password to log into my desktop computer operating Windows 10. Despite this, and for over a year now, Windows Hello is pestering me whenever I launch to know if I want to set up a pin. I have to skip 2 screens that I never asked to appear in the first...
  4. Fingerprint ID, Hello Windows, and PIN are saying they are unavailable

Fingerprint ID, Hello Windows, and PIN are saying they are unavailable: Hello!I just received my Fingerprint ID keyboard and wanted to set it up. However, when I went to my settings it said that Fingerprint ID, Windows Hello, and the PIN option were all currently unavailable. I've tried troubleshooting a few things I've seen from the forums, but...
  5. Windows hello pin no reconoce las credenciales / con figurar pin cuadro de cuenta Microsoft...

Windows hello pin no reconoce las credenciales / con figurar pin cuadro de cuenta Microsoft...: Hola solicito de su apoyoTengo una laptop lenovo y520 legion siempre la use con windows hello sin problema, hace una semana al encenderla me envio el siguiente errorSoy admnistrador del equipo y mi cuenta esta sincronizada con la de microsoft no he creado usuario adicional al...
  6. Having issue with Windows Hello Pin and Windows hello Fingerprint

Having issue with Windows Hello Pin and Windows hello Fingerprint: I am having the issue of the hello window, it's says "this option is currently unavailable", "something went wrong . Please try again later" with yellow word with Windows Hello Pin and Window Hello Fingerprint. I have the pin and the fingerprint but i just can't change it or...
  7. How to disable Hello Accounts - Sign in Options - Windows Hello PIN on booting and...

How to disable Hello Accounts - Sign in Options - Windows Hello PIN on booting and...: After the April update, windows10 is asking to set up Hello PIN when computer gets locked up.Hell PIN has gotten after me and can't be tackled using old solutions.Please provide solution to do away the hell pin permanently....
  8. Windows 10 User Hello PIN and Password

Windows 10 User Hello PIN and Password: Windows 10 in Workgroup 20H2 We use both PIN and password Can see PIN ability but not password https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-user-hello-pin-and-password/6af4269f-aceb-4ab5-bd3d-779db4427b44
  9. Winows Hello Pin removal

Winows Hello Pin removal: Hello there, I, like so many users want to get rid of Windows Hello Pin, using the standard procedure - going to Sign-in options, clicking on Windows Hello Pin, clicking on Remove. Here appears a window asking me to First verify your account password. When entering my...
  10. Hello PIN is not needed

Hello PIN is not needed: Hi, I have recently purchased a Dell laptop and while setting up, it asked for a pin which I had provided. However, it was not know to me that it will ask for the PIN everytime whenever I switch it on from sleep mode or lock mode. I can't get rid off the PIN. I tried...