Windows 10: windows hello pin

Discus and support windows hello pin in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; when logging into the microsoft store it asks for the PIN. i said i forgot it so followed the instructions to “reset it” i got to the settings and it... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by Kenya Goward, Jun 11, 2021.

1. windows hello pin

when logging into the microsoft store it asks for the PIN. i said i forgot it so followed the instructions to “reset it” i got to the settings and it says “this option is currently unavailable- you must add a password before” so what do i do?

:)

Kenya Goward, Jun 11, 2021
  2. Anne Ros Win User

Login with PIN and Hello

Hi Jean,

Windows 10 includes multiple options to sign-in to your account, including the ability to sign-in using a PIN and Windows Hello, which uses facial recognition. For us to provide a solution suited to your concern, we need additional information. Can
    you answer the questions below?

• How are you setting the PIN and Hello?
    • Which build version of Windows is your PC running on?
    • Were there any error codes or messages?

In the meantime, we suggest that you follow the steps below on how to set up PIN.

• Open Settings.
    • Select Accounts.
    • Click Sign-in options.
    • Click the Add button for the PIN and set your PIN.
    • Do the same for the Windows Hello.

Looking forward to your response.

Anne Ros, Jun 11, 2021
  3. windows hello and pin

Hi,

This error code is usually caused by corrupted Windows system files. For better assistance, we would like to ask the following:

• What happens when you're trying to set up Windows Hello or a pin on your computer?
    • Is there an error message displayed when setting up Windows Hello or a pin?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • How did you reinstall Windows?

Looking forward to your reply so we can provide the best resolution for you.

Gerard Qui, Jun 11, 2021
  4. Noor_Azam Win User

windows hello pin

Unable to setup Windows Hello, error: incorrect pin

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

May I know the complete error code or error message that you are receiving when you try to setup Windows Hello?

Do you have any other user account on the computer?

If yes, does Windows Hello work on that account?

If Windows Hello is not setup on other account, please setup it up and check if it works so that we can narrow down the issue for you.

I suggest to remove the pin and setup a new pin on the child account and check if it works with Windows Hello.

Please follow the steps below to remove and re-add the PIN:

• Press Windows logo key + I to open Settings.
    • Select Accounts.
    • Click on Sign-in options.
    • Under PIN, remove the pin. There will be prompt to enter password, enter the password and removed the PIN.
    • After the pin is removed, please click on
      Add to setup pin for the account.
    • After setting up a new PIN, try to set up Windows Hello.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Noor Azam S

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Noor_Azam, Jun 11, 2021
Thema:

windows hello pin

1. windows hello pin - Similar Threads - hello pin

2. Why can't I switch my account for my settings to change my pin on windows hello.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why can't I switch my account for my settings to change my pin on windows hello.: I recently bought a game and when I try to sign in, it states that I need to enter my window hello pin which I don't have. I tried going to my settings to change my PIN, but it led me to my old Microsoft account that I still want. I can't figure out how to change my account...
  3. Why can't I switch my account for my settings to change my pin on windows hello.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why can't I switch my account for my settings to change my pin on windows hello.: I recently bought a game and when I try to sign in, it states that I need to enter my window hello pin which I don't have. I tried going to my settings to change my PIN, but it led me to my old Microsoft account that I still want. I can't figure out how to change my account...
  4. Windows Hello prompt not asking for PIN or fingerprint for website login

Windows Hello prompt not asking for PIN or fingerprint for website login: On my new laptop with Windows 11, when trying to log in to a website that allows for Windows Hello PIN authentication the Hello popup does not give me the option to use a PIN or a fingerprint. Both are set, and I have reset them to be sure they are accepted, rebooted multiple...
  5. Windows Hello prompt not asking for PIN or fingerprint for website login

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Hello prompt not asking for PIN or fingerprint for website login: On my new laptop with Windows 11, when trying to log in to a website that allows for Windows Hello PIN authentication the Hello popup does not give me the option to use a PIN or a fingerprint. Both are set, and I have reset them to be sure they are accepted, rebooted multiple...
  6. I need to change the sign in PIN Windows Hello; however, "This option is currently...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I need to change the sign in PIN Windows Hello; however, "This option is currently...: I need to change the sign in PIN Windows Hello on my laptop. However, in Settings; Sign-in options; PIN Windows Hello; the option is grayed out and says, "This option is currently unavailable". Can this be fixed?...
  7. I need to change the sign in PIN Windows Hello; however, "This option is currently...

I need to change the sign in PIN Windows Hello; however, "This option is currently...: I need to change the sign in PIN Windows Hello on my laptop. However, in Settings; Sign-in options; PIN Windows Hello; the option is grayed out and says, "This option is currently unavailable". Can this be fixed?...
  8. Windows Hello PIN got removed after updating the BIOS; Tried Resetting from Live account...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Hello PIN got removed after updating the BIOS; Tried Resetting from Live account...: Windows Hello PIN got removed after updating the BIOS on my MSI motherboard. Now it says me to sign in with my Password which I forgot somehow. Now there's even a Hint for the password, but I'm kinda out of my mind to remember that back. So, I changed it from my phone with...
  9. Windows Hello PIN got removed after updating the BIOS; Tried Resetting from Live account...

Windows Hello PIN got removed after updating the BIOS; Tried Resetting from Live account...: Windows Hello PIN got removed after updating the BIOS on my MSI motherboard. Now it says me to sign in with my Password which I forgot somehow. Now there's even a Hint for the password, but I'm kinda out of my mind to remember that back. So, I changed it from my phone with...
  10. Windows Hello Pin Problem with Minecraft

Windows Hello Pin Problem with Minecraft: I've been trying to play Minecraft but Windows has made it a pain in the **** when it comes to logging in. I've never had a problem but here I am. Anyways, I'm trying to play Minecraft on my new laptop which is on a new Microsoft account. I have Minecraft on my old laptop...