Windows 10: Windows Hello preventing options on requiring sign-in

Discus and support Windows Hello preventing options on requiring sign-in in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I got a new Lenovo laptop computer and it was working great but the last month or so it requires me to login every time I step away...I used to have it... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by surfer2938, Apr 8, 2021.

1. Windows Hello preventing options on requiring sign-in

I got a new Lenovo laptop computer and it was working great but the last month or so it requires me to login every time I step away...I used to have it set for a longer time iirc because it's in a home setting, but when I go to Sign-in options now it tells me:

"Windows Hello is preventing some options from being shown." (screen capture attached)

(and it's stuck on "Every Time").

Is there any way to fix this? Thanks in advance.

Version 1803 (OS Build 17618.1000)

:)

surfer2938, Apr 8, 2021

2. Cannot change the require sign-in options in sign in options

Hi Gerad,

I understand the inconvenience caused to you regarding the change of Required sign-in options but in RED is stated that "authentication is required when this pc awake from sleep and security policies on PC are preventing to change
    settings". I will certainly assist you.

Please answer the below question to assist you better.

Did you make any changes in the power options of the system?

Follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Press Windows + X and then click on
      Control Panel.
    • Click on the Power options.
    • Click on Required a password on Wakeup
    • In the Password protection on Wake up click on
      Don’t required password.
    Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Anup Karkal, Apr 8, 2021
  3. stevez33 Win User
    I need help changing Windows 10 “Require Sign-In” selection that is greyed out – getting “windows hello is preventing some options from being shown” message

I need help changing Windows 10 “Require Sign-In” selection that is greyed out – getting “windows hello is preventing some options from being shown” message

I have a new Lenovo X1 Yoga Gen 4 with Windows 10 Pro. It is setup for a workgroup and NOT a domain.
    I have the latest Lenovo drivers and Windows 1909 build 18363.657 updates as well.

My 4-year old Lenovo X1 Carbon Gen 4 has the same Windows 10 Pro configuration and OS version and latest update.

Both systems are configured with

1. Password, PIN and Fingerprint sign-in options are setup and working fine.
    2. Windows Hello Face, Security Key, Dynamic Lock and Picture password ARE NOT setup setup nor needed.
    3. I am the administrative user.
    4. Power Management profile settings that when plugged into AC Power, the display will turn off after 30 minutes.

The intended behavior on my old system is that I can walk up and giggle my mouse if the display was off and the display wakes up, presents my open apps where I left off (no requirement to sign back in).
    On my old system, this was a setting in the Windows 10 Sign-In Option screen where I selected in the “Require sign-in” value of “When PC wakes from sleep”.
    (e.g. since I am not waking from a sleep, don’t require sign-in)

My new system does not have this sign-in option and the Require sign-in drop list is greyed out with the value “Every Time” pre-populated.
    Hence, when the screen turns off, when I approach my machine I must sign-in by password, pin or finger.
    The system was not in a Sleep, Hibernation or Powered off state.
    The new system also has the message in the “Require sign-in…” section that reads “windows hello is preventing some options from being shown”.

I have scoured the internet and tried a many group policy and registry setting suggestions, and nothing works.

There are two noticeable differences between my old and new systems.

1. Power Management Options – My old system has 12 categories of configurable Power Options under advanced settings, where my new system only has 5.
      (Desktop background settings, Sleep, Power buttons and lid, Display and Battery).
      I don’t get the link to show. I found a few sites that list out the hidden Power Options that I can add via a command line prompt, but none of the 50+ items seem to control the require sign-in feature.
    2. BIOS – The old Bios is the classic text/DOS looking BIOS where my new BIOS is newer graphical interface-based BIOS with mouse capabilities.
    Thank You in advance for your help and support on this frustrating issue.

stevez33, Apr 8, 2021
  4. Cody# Win User

Windows Hello preventing options on requiring sign-in

require sign-in options

require sign-in options

windows hello is preventing some options from being shown

I can't change the options.

Windows Hello preventing options on requiring sign-in b1ef08fc-4cee-4387-84a6-2afacc30108b?upload=true.jpg

Cody#, Apr 8, 2021
Thema:

Windows Hello preventing options on requiring sign-in

1. Windows Hello preventing options on requiring sign-in - Similar Threads - Hello preventing options

2. Require Windows Hello sign-in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Require Windows Hello sign-in: the toggle for Require Windows Hello sign-in is already turned off but the remove option of the Windows Hello PIN is still greyed out. What should i do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/require-windows-hello-sign-in/6279fa62-575a-4a95-a274-844f3d16c80b
  3. Require Windows Hello sign-in

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Require Windows Hello sign-in: the toggle for Require Windows Hello sign-in is already turned off but the remove option of the Windows Hello PIN is still greyed out. What should i do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/require-windows-hello-sign-in/6279fa62-575a-4a95-a274-844f3d16c80b
  4. Require Windows Hello sign-in

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  5. Require windows hello sign-in is turned on, but windows hello options are unavailable

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Require windows hello sign-in is turned on, but windows hello options are unavailable: When I access my computer I have to attempt to reset my pin but the action always fails making logging into my computer slow and inconvenient. There is a separate but maybe related issue that after my computer goes into sleep mode the sound does not come back on....
  6. Require windows hello sign-in is turned on, but windows hello options are unavailable

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Require windows hello sign-in is turned on, but windows hello options are unavailable: When I access my computer I have to attempt to reset my pin but the action always fails making logging into my computer slow and inconvenient. There is a separate but maybe related issue that after my computer goes into sleep mode the sound does not come back on....
  7. Require windows hello sign-in is turned on, but windows hello options are unavailable

8. Windows hello is preventing me from changing my options for required sign in

Windows hello is preventing me from changing my options for required sign in: probably because I don't have a camera compatible with windows face. How do I change it so I don't have to log in every time my computer goes to sleep?...
  9. no "Require sign in " option

in Windows 10 Customization
    no "Require sign in " option: Hi I just had to totally wipe my pc and had win 10 reinstalled. I am now trying to get it back to the way it was. It seems there are different win 10 OS's out there. Anyway it has this irritating having to 'sign in' after sleep thing going on. I don't need a password just...
  10. Windows hello is preventing some options from being shown in sign in options to windows.

Windows hello is preventing some options from being shown in sign in options to windows.: I can not change the sign-in from EVERYTIME, because Windows hello is preventing some options from being shown in sign in options to windows. PLease tell me how to fix this, and change from EVERYTIME, I walk away. Also how do I deactivate Windows Hello? What will...