Windows 10: Windows Hello probems

Discus and support Windows Hello probems in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I'm the network administrator on our company domain, and I've recently had to change my domain username due to a naming convention change. Windows 10... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by TheOriginalEkiThump, Sep 25, 2019.

1. Windows Hello probems

I'm the network administrator on our company domain, and I've recently had to change my domain username due to a naming convention change.

Windows 10 on my laptop (ver 1903 build 18362.356) now no longer lets me login using the fingerprints previously set up in Windows Hello, and reports that "Your password was chnged on a different device. You must sign in to this device once with your new password, and then you can sign in with Windows Hello."

My password hasn't changed at all, so this error message is inaccurate. Once logged in using username/password, I can unlock the computer using biometrics, but it still doesn't let me login using them.

Within Sign-In Options, Windows Hello PIN says "This option is currently unavailable - click to learn more" If I click more it tells me "Sorry - this PIN isn't working for your organisation's resources. Tap or click here to fix it". This leads me to a screen to set up a PIN (which had already been set up before my login name changed). When I proceed, I get this:

Windows Hello probems 6bce5ae8-07a9-4586-b6ae-a9f7399ed1d8?upload=true.png

True to form, Microsoft don't list the error code on their error code page (well done again Microsoft), so this error page is meaningless and unhelpful.

The necessary GPOs are enabled to allow use of biometrics within the domain, and Hello was working until my username change. Does anyone have any ideas? I've tried all of the suggestions I can find online, but none of them have worked so far.

Thanks in advance.

:)

TheOriginalEkiThump, Sep 25, 2019

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Sep 25, 2019
  3. Windows 10 sound probem

Hi Sayani,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I can imagine the inconvenience you have experienced. I will definitely help you with this.

To guide you in right direction we want to know:

• What is the make and model of your computer?
    • Have you installed all the updates on your computer?

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if this helps:

Method 1:

Run built-in audio troubleshooter and check. Refer to the steps:

• Press Windows Key + X.

• Click on Control Panel.

• Select Troubleshooting.

• On the left pane, click on View All.

• Click on Playing audio to run the troubleshooter.

Method 2: Uninstall and re-install the Audio drivers.

Step 1: I suggest you to uninstall the Audio drivers and then install them.

Follow these steps to uninstall the Audio drivers.

• Press Windows key + X and select
      Device Manager
    • Search for Audio Device and expand it.
    • Right click on the driver and select Uninstall.
    Step 2: I suggest you to install the Audio drivers, go to the manufacturer’s website to download the audio drivers for your laptop and then install them.

Method 2: You can try installing the drivers in compatibility mode and check if it helps:

• Press the ‘Windows key on the keyboard.
    • Type compatibility in the search box and then press
      enter.
    • Click “Run programs made for previous versions of Windows” option from the list appeared in the left side.
    • Select the drivers and install.

Also refer: How to: Install and Update drivers in Windows 10

How to: Install and Update Hardware Drivers in Windows 10

Keep us posted if you face any issues on windows in future. We will be glad to help you.

Deepak..Raghav, Sep 25, 2019
  4. Vicky Acs Win User

Windows Hello probems

Windows hello

Hi Abdullah,

To resolve this camera issue for your Windows Hello, we suggest that you run Hardware and Device troubleshooter. Refer to the following steps:

• Click on 'search' and select 'settings' and type 'Troubleshooting' and select 'Troubleshooting'
    • Click on 'Hardware and Sound' and select 'Hardware and 'Devices' and click on next to run the troubleshooter.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Vicky Acs, Sep 25, 2019
Thema:

Windows Hello probems

1. Windows Hello probems - Similar Threads - Hello probems

2. windows hello currently unavailable?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows hello currently unavailable?: So my laptop decided to update to windows 11, and with that, I've lost the ability to use a pin to sign in. I was able to before, but now it requires that I have windows hello. I've tried looking up a solution and all of them just say to set it up. This is not an option for...
  3. windows hello currently unavailable?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows hello currently unavailable?: So my laptop decided to update to windows 11, and with that, I've lost the ability to use a pin to sign in. I was able to before, but now it requires that I have windows hello. I've tried looking up a solution and all of them just say to set it up. This is not an option for...
  4. hello! i have a problem with projecting display on windows 11!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    hello! i have a problem with projecting display on windows 11!: I Have a samsung tv and i want to make a projecting my monitor, to tv and i cannot connect and i see the error Couldn't connect ! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hello-i-have-a-problem-with-projecting-display-on/ef697bd0-298f-4760-a81f-47968f60b742
  5. hello! i have a problem with projecting display on windows 11!

hello! i have a problem with projecting display on windows 11!: I Have a samsung tv and i want to make a projecting my monitor, to tv and i cannot connect and i see the error Couldn't connect ! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hello-i-have-a-problem-with-projecting-display-on/ef697bd0-298f-4760-a81f-47968f60b742
  6. Hello, i get this error from today.. : 0x0000001e ,can someone please help me ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hello, i get this error from today.. : 0x0000001e ,can someone please help me ?: The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x0000001e 0xffffffffc0000005, 0xfffff801aaf15000, 0x0000000000000008, 0xffffffffffffffff. A dump was saved in: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\031924-9859-01.dmp. Report Id:...
  7. Hello, i get this error from today.. : 0x0000001e ,can someone please help me ?

Hello, i get this error from today.. : 0x0000001e ,can someone please help me ?: The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x0000001e 0xffffffffc0000005, 0xfffff801aaf15000, 0x0000000000000008, 0xffffffffffffffff. A dump was saved in: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\031924-9859-01.dmp. Report Id:...
  8. Hello, can somebody help me to get the brightness slider on my windows 11, i have tried...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hello, can somebody help me to get the brightness slider on my windows 11, i have tried...: Hello, can somebody help me to get the brightness slider on my windows 11, i have tried the update drivers and it doesn't help.The brightness slider is missing....
  9. Hello, can somebody help me to get the brightness slider on my windows 11, i have tried...

Hello, can somebody help me to get the brightness slider on my windows 11, i have tried...: Hello, can somebody help me to get the brightness slider on my windows 11, i have tried the update drivers and it doesn't help.The brightness slider is missing....
  10. Hello my computer crashes and makes a noise it happens at random times

Hello my computer crashes and makes a noise it happens at random times: Hello I am having issues with my pc it crashes at random times. I have dump file listed below. "C:\Users\nickb\OneDrive\Desktop\031824-9859-01.dmp"...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Your password was chnged on a different device. You must sign in to this device once with your newpassword and then you can sign in with Windows Hello