Windows 10: Windows Hello randomly and repeatedly locks PC while it is in use

Discus and support Windows Hello randomly and repeatedly locks PC while it is in use in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I have a fully patched and updated Dell XPS 8500 Special Edition full specs and config info at link with Logitech BRIO 4K webcam connected. I use the... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by jdrchv, Mar 25, 2021.

1. jdrchv Win User

Windows Hello randomly and repeatedly locks PC while it is in use

I have a fully patched and updated Dell XPS 8500 Special Edition full specs and config info at link with Logitech BRIO 4K webcam connected. I use the webcam for Windows Hello Face login.

I'm frequently having an issue in which the PC will suddenly lock itself during use. Sometimes using Windows Hello to unlock it the 1st time thereafter will fail with a "can't find you" message, but then it works the 2nd time.

Any ideas?

:)

jdrchv, Mar 25, 2021

2. Computer Randomly locks up

Ok, so my dads pc (its in sp) completely randomly locks up.

Im not sure what the deal is.

it was working fine, i swapped boards and it game me a memory error but no big deal, fixed that. now, it locks up a few times a day, whether it is in the bios, or post screen, windows, trying to format windows ect.

Im not sure what to do! if its the board i'll rma it and give him "back" the P45 but if its ram or hdd idk...

what do you suggest?

freaksavior, Mar 25, 2021
  3. PC Build Steps

Ok just because I like steps i am going to create some steps. Please give me the stamp of approval/disapproval
    • Install system in case
      • Remember to connect SSD and optical to same SATA ports on motherboard
    • Turn on PC
    • setup HDD
    • run blend test in prime95 for 30-60 min
      • run realtemp at the same time
    • While in Prime95 test
      • if CPU goes above 70c in RealTemp, I have a leaky CPU
      • if my system locks up or blue screens, there is an instability in the system somewhere
      • if my system does not lock up or blue screen, my CPU is not damaged and I am in the clear!
    What do you guys think??

anandsap123, Mar 25, 2021
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Mar 25, 2021
Thema:

1. Windows Hello randomly and repeatedly locks PC while it is in use - Similar Threads - Hello randomly repeatedly

2. Random bluescreen while pc is not in use?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random bluescreen while pc is not in use?: The past couple of days my PC is having random BSOD's while not in use. I would like to know why? I attached a minidump file to this question.Thanks in advance!...
  3. Random bluescreen while pc is not in use?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Random bluescreen while pc is not in use?: The past couple of days my PC is having random BSOD's while not in use. I would like to know why? I attached a minidump file to this question.Thanks in advance!...
  4. Random Crashes While Idle And Using The PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random Crashes While Idle And Using The PC: I will get random crashes every couple of days while idle or not. My pc specs are Rtx 3060 Ryzen 7 5800x 24GB of Ram one stick is failing so I removed it and a b550c-m motherboard I've been getting this every time I crash. ************* Preparing the environment for Debugger...
  5. Random Crashes While Idle And Using The PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Random Crashes While Idle And Using The PC: I will get random crashes every couple of days while idle or not. My pc specs are Rtx 3060 Ryzen 7 5800x 24GB of Ram one stick is failing so I removed it and a b550c-m motherboard I've been getting this every time I crash. ************* Preparing the environment for Debugger...
  6. Windows Hello locks PC while it's in use (automatic lock while away disabled)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Hello locks PC while it's in use (automatic lock while away disabled): I have a Dell XPS 8500 Special Edition (full OS version, software stack, and config details at link) with a Logitech BRIO 4K and Kensington Verimark fingerprint reader I have set up with Windows Hello. The PC will sometimes randomly lock itself while I'm using it. It seems...
  7. Windows 10 locking randomly while in use

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 locking randomly while in use: Hello, I have my grandmothers Laptop and she is complaining that during solitaire or using the internet the computer will lock on her and say something like your PC is locking now, and i have tried driver updates, windows was up to date, ran windows security and found...
  8. Computer randomly locks while using it

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer randomly locks while using it: My PC has started to randomly lock/sleep while using it. This is in the middle of typing/moving the mouse. This is after the resent set of updates. I have checked my CPU temps and they are fine, and it is a desktop. This has happened while playing Resident Evil on Xbox...
  9. Random repeated BSODs while playing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Random repeated BSODs while playing: Getting BSOD with bugcheck events while others with just 'previous shutdown was unexpected'. no new drivers/hw installed. updated fully. here are some minidumps as well as msinfo: msinfo: https://1drv.ms/t/s!An5tpc2bBr9BkCZ7R1HWj0r5lpJm?e=vfSiFn minidumps:...
  10. BSOD at random times while using PC

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD at random times while using PC: I upgraded to Windows 10 from Windows 7 home last week. However, today, while I was playing with my PS4, my PC randomly got 2 BSOD with in 3 minutes time frame. I was not using my PC. It was turned on, idling. After the first BSOD, the PC restarted and within 3 min another...