Windows 10: Windows Hello recognizing camera, but turning it off after "getting ready"

Discus and support Windows Hello recognizing camera, but turning it off after "getting ready" in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Has anybody else experienced this problem? When turning on my HP Spectre x360, I see the camera light turns on, the IR sensors blinking, and cortana's... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/theasiantaco420, Feb 27, 2020.

1. Windows Hello recognizing camera, but turning it off after "getting ready"

Has anybody else experienced this problem? When turning on my HP Spectre x360, I see the camera light turns on, the IR sensors blinking, and cortana's eye animation moving around, indicating that the camera is on. However, after the text "getting ready" appears, the camera shuts off and the screen says "couldn't turn on camera" and I have to sign in via pin.

I've updated the camera drivers and the windows hello face software device, because before this problem, windows hello wouldn't recognize the camera at all.

Not sure if this is the right sub but any help or insight would be deeply appreciated!

submitted by /u/theasiantaco420
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/theasiantaco420, Feb 27, 2020
  2. DAVEY2240 Win User

Windows Hello - Coudn't turn on camera

I have the same issue except hello windows says getting ready then it will say couldn't turn on camera sign in with pin. my laptop is a 2016 ASUS Q534U. Hello windows worked before the update and mine has the infrared camera. why can it not turn on the
    camera now?

DAVEY2240, Feb 27, 2020
  3. Windows Hello Camera Still Turns On After Disabling Feature

I have already done all those steps to disable Windows Hello listed in the link you provided, but I am still getting prompted that it cannot recognize my face even though Windows Hello is turned off. Just to clarify, I do not want to use Windows Hello
    at all. I want to use my regular, alphanumeric password.

Nachtwolfe, Feb 27, 2020
  4. Windows Hello recognizing camera, but turning it off after "getting ready"

Windows Hello stuck at "Getting Ready"

From the lock screen and trying to login with facial recognition, Windows 10 tells me "Getting Ready". Then nothing happens.

My camera seems to be working fine and it supports Windows Hello (Razer Stargazer webcam).

Intel Real-Sense drivers are up to date according to the device manager. Windows 10 has all the latest updates.

Any suggestions?

DonkMaster, Feb 27, 2020
Thema:

Windows Hello recognizing camera, but turning it off after "getting ready"

1. Windows Hello recognizing camera, but turning it off after "getting ready" - Similar Threads - Hello recognizing camera

2. Getting windows ready don't turn off your computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Getting windows ready don't turn off your computer: I recently did a complete reset of my hp windows 10 laptop. Now every time I have to restart my computer gets stuck on getting windows ready, don't turn off your computer. Can last anywhere from a minute to half an hour or so. How do I stop this from happening?...
  3. Getting windows ready dont turn off your computer...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Getting windows ready dont turn off your computer...: Had this on my screen for nearly 30mins? Should it take this long, laptop has never updated properly from day 1. Its about 12 months old https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/getting-windows-ready-dont-turn-off-your-computer/7b5db89d-c713-4215-ac4c-a1a23e1b852d
  4. Getting windows ready dont turn off your computer...

Getting windows ready dont turn off your computer...: Had this on my screen for nearly 30mins? Should it take this long, laptop has never updated properly from day 1. Its about 12 months old https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/getting-windows-ready-dont-turn-off-your-computer/7b5db89d-c713-4215-ac4c-a1a23e1b852d
  5. Getting windows ready dont turn off your computer...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. Windows is getting ready, please don't turn off.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows is getting ready, please don't turn off.: Hi! My PC is stuck in this blue screen and I need it urgently to work :Would it be good to force the restart, or a different option to start it at least for now? I just don't want to mess it up.Thank you in advance!...
  7. Windows is getting ready, please don't turn off.

Windows is getting ready, please don't turn off.: Hi! My PC is stuck in this blue screen and I need it urgently to work :Would it be good to force the restart, or a different option to start it at least for now? I just don't want to mess it up.Thank you in advance!...
  8. Windows is getting ready, please don't turn off.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  9. Windows hello can't recognize camera

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows hello can't recognize camera: Windows hello cannot recognize my camera so I cannot use face recognition login. I tried to connect USB camera with the same result. What’s your suggestions?...
  10. Getting Windows Ready, Do Not Turn Off

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Getting Windows Ready, Do Not Turn Off: So, I've read all the articles and I realize MS Techs will tell you to wait 2 to 3 hours.(Idiotic Stance). I've turned it off, unplugged it, waited. Turned on, same thing. I see where some people have waited up to 10 hours. Can MS once and for all come up with a fix?? I...