Windows 10: Windows Hello REFUSED my PASSWORD, held my computer for ransom and FORCED me to use a PIN

Discus and support Windows Hello REFUSED my PASSWORD, held my computer for ransom and FORCED me to use a PIN in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I am beyond angry right now. I have 2 computers, one for work and one specifically for artwork. The one for artwork, my all-in-one MSI is the one I... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by CraftyMaelyss, Jan 16, 2019.

1. Windows Hello REFUSED my PASSWORD, held my computer for ransom and FORCED me to use a PIN

I am beyond angry right now.

I have 2 computers, one for work and one specifically for artwork. The one for artwork, my all-in-one MSI is the one I tried to sign into today with my password, however it's saying I have to create a PIN. I used to have one but it was useless and annoying, so I took it off and was able to get into my computer.

Skip to today where I tried to sign in with my PASSWORD, my correct PASSWORD and the PIN window straight up REFUSED to let me even ACCESS OR USE MY OWN COMPUTER WITHOUT CREATING A PIN.

I am not kidding, my OWN COMPUTER was held RANSOM BY MICROSOFT until I made this useless, stupid, idiotic PIN.

You can understand why I am furious by this, as I am certain this is a legal violation by all rights. Why is THIS PC being held ransom until I make a PIN to sign in when I have stated REPEATEDLY that I DO. NOT. WANT. A. PIN.

I have a PASSWORD. A PASSWORD that works FINE. I am the ONLY PERSON who uses this computer, you have NO RIGHT to lock users out of their PC to force them to create a PIN.

I am furious, and I want this resolved ASAP.

Windows hello needs to be Windows Goodbye. This is absolutely NOT on.

:)

CraftyMaelyss, Jan 16, 2019
  2. Pinchy Win User

Hotmail account held for ransom

lol, hotmail account held up for ransom *Stick Out Tongue Windows Hello REFUSED my PASSWORD, held my computer for ransom and FORCED me to use a PIN :p

Pinchy, Jan 16, 2019
  3. Anne Ros Win User
    Login with PIN and Hello

Hi Jean,

Windows 10 includes multiple options to sign-in to your account, including the ability to sign-in using a PIN and Windows Hello, which uses facial recognition. For us to provide a solution suited to your concern, we need additional information. Can
    you answer the questions below?

• How are you setting the PIN and Hello?
    • Which build version of Windows is your PC running on?
    • Were there any error codes or messages?

In the meantime, we suggest that you follow the steps below on how to set up PIN.

• Open Settings.
    • Select Accounts.
    • Click Sign-in options.
    • Click the Add button for the PIN and set your PIN.
    • Do the same for the Windows Hello.

Looking forward to your response.

Anne Ros, Jan 16, 2019
  4. djbbenn Win User

Windows Hello REFUSED my PASSWORD, held my computer for ransom and FORCED me to use a PIN

New Trojan that Demands a Ransom

There is a new virus out there discovered by virus hunters known as "Cryzip". The Trojan encrypts your files and then demands a $300 ransom for the decryption password to get your files back. After encrypting the files, the virus leaves a nice step-by-step guide of how to go about paying the ransom off. It's supposedly spread through email Spam, and has successfully evaded anti-virus scanners.

Source: eWeek

djbbenn, Jan 16, 2019
Thema:

Windows Hello REFUSED my PASSWORD, held my computer for ransom and FORCED me to use a PIN

1. Windows Hello REFUSED my PASSWORD, held my computer for ransom and FORCED me to use a PIN - Similar Threads - Hello REFUSED PASSWORD

2. Windows forcing me to reset my password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows forcing me to reset my password: My windows 11 pc is forcing me to change my password which doesn't work with the right password. i couldn't reset it even if its the right password. it also has an option to factory reset it....
  3. Windows forcing me to reset my password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows forcing me to reset my password: My windows 11 pc is forcing me to change my password which doesn't work with the right password. i couldn't reset it even if its the right password. it also has an option to factory reset it....
  4. my pc forced me to use a pin instead of a password to login

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my pc forced me to use a pin instead of a password to login: i have been using a password for a very long time but my pc decided my password is to weak or somthing it is an 32 character password and that i need to use a pin only numbers how do get to use my password again?...
  5. my pc forced me to use a pin instead of a password to login

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my pc forced me to use a pin instead of a password to login: i have been using a password for a very long time but my pc decided my password is to weak or somthing it is an 32 character password and that i need to use a pin only numbers how do get to use my password again?...
  6. my pc forced me to use a pin instead of a password to login

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  7. Windows forcing me to change my pin?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows forcing me to change my pin?: Every few months windows 10 forces me to change my login pin saying my "organisation" requires it. This is my home computer and I am not part of an organisation. I have looked in rgedit and it doesn't have any options related to PIN security so I can't change it through that....
  8. Windows Hello refuses to recognize my PIN.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows Hello refuses to recognize my PIN.: Alright. So I am trying to also put my Microsoft account onto my husband's laptop and it says IHAVE to use Windows Hello, but I have never heard of it until now. It asks for my PIN and when I put in the pin it says it's incorrect, so I changed it on my pc and restarted my pc....
  9. Windows REFUSED my PASSWORD, held my computer for ransom and FORCED me to use a PIN

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows REFUSED my PASSWORD, held my computer for ransom and FORCED me to use a PIN: I am beyond angry right now. I have 2 computers, one for work and one specifically for artwork. The one for artwork, my all-in-one MSI is the one I tried to sign into today with my password, however it's saying I have to create a PIN. I used to have one but it was useless...
  10. e-mail held for ransom

in Windows 10 Customization
    e-mail held for ransom: question : how can I get around a micro soft employee holding my e-mail account for ransom ? everytime I try to get it back , they/ say we can do this for $ 199.00 , and I refuse , he hangs up...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 use password instead of pin

2. windows 10 forced me to use pin

3. why is microsoft trying to force me to use a pin instead of my password