Windows 10: Windows Hello refuses to recognize my PIN.

Discus and support Windows Hello refuses to recognize my PIN. in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Alright. So I am trying to also put my Microsoft account onto my husband's laptop and it says IHAVE to use Windows Hello, but I have never heard of it... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by RashelH, Mar 16, 2020.

1. RashelH Win User

Windows Hello refuses to recognize my PIN.

Alright. So I am trying to also put my Microsoft account onto my husband's laptop and it says IHAVE to use Windows Hello, but I have never heard of it until now. It asks for my PIN and when I put in the pin it says it's incorrect, so I changed it on my pc and restarted my pc. His pc is still refusing to accept that the pin I put in is correct when I know it is. I have also restarted his pc, still nothing and it won't let me set up Windows Hello on either pc. what do I do now?

:)

RashelH, Mar 16, 2020
  2. Anne Ros Win User

Login with PIN and Hello

Hi Jean,

Windows 10 includes multiple options to sign-in to your account, including the ability to sign-in using a PIN and Windows Hello, which uses facial recognition. For us to provide a solution suited to your concern, we need additional information. Can
    you answer the questions below?

• How are you setting the PIN and Hello?
    • Which build version of Windows is your PC running on?
    • Were there any error codes or messages?

In the meantime, we suggest that you follow the steps below on how to set up PIN.

• Open Settings.
    • Select Accounts.
    • Click Sign-in options.
    • Click the Add button for the PIN and set your PIN.
    • Do the same for the Windows Hello.

Looking forward to your response.

Anne Ros, Mar 16, 2020
  3. windows hello and pin

Hi,

This error code is usually caused by corrupted Windows system files. For better assistance, we would like to ask the following:

• What happens when you're trying to set up Windows Hello or a pin on your computer?
    • Is there an error message displayed when setting up Windows Hello or a pin?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • How did you reinstall Windows?

Looking forward to your reply so we can provide the best resolution for you.

Gerard Qui, Mar 16, 2020
  4. Noor_Azam Win User

Unable to setup Windows Hello, error: incorrect pin

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

May I know the complete error code or error message that you are receiving when you try to setup Windows Hello?

Do you have any other user account on the computer?

If yes, does Windows Hello work on that account?

If Windows Hello is not setup on other account, please setup it up and check if it works so that we can narrow down the issue for you.

I suggest to remove the pin and setup a new pin on the child account and check if it works with Windows Hello.

Please follow the steps below to remove and re-add the PIN:

• Press Windows logo key + I to open Settings.
    • Select Accounts.
    • Click on Sign-in options.
    • Under PIN, remove the pin. There will be prompt to enter password, enter the password and removed the PIN.
    • After the pin is removed, please click on
      Add to setup pin for the account.
    • After setting up a new PIN, try to set up Windows Hello.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Noor Azam S

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Noor_Azam, Mar 16, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows Hello refuses to recognize my PIN. - Similar Threads - Hello refuses recognize

2. My Device refuses to recognize my mouse.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My Device refuses to recognize my mouse.: Problem: Whenever I plug in my Cyberpowerpc optical gaming mouse I always get an error "The last USB device you connected to this computer has malfunctioned and windows doesn't recognize it." I've disconnected all attachments such as the charging cable and my type cover.I've...
  3. My Device refuses to recognize my mouse.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Device refuses to recognize my mouse.: Problem: Whenever I plug in my Cyberpowerpc optical gaming mouse I always get an error "The last USB device you connected to this computer has malfunctioned and windows doesn't recognize it." I've disconnected all attachments such as the charging cable and my type cover.I've...
  4. My Device refuses to recognize my mouse.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows Hello does not recognize my fingerprint

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows Hello does not recognize my fingerprint: My laptop is a Huawei Matebook D14 and I have windows 10 installed. About a month ago, after installing an update the fingerprint reader started to fail. Sometimes it recognizes it without problem, sometimes it insists that it does not recognize the fingerprint and I am...
  6. Windows Hello fingerprint not recognizing my fingerprint

Windows Hello fingerprint not recognizing my fingerprint: Every time I redo it, it always goes fine until up to the last two bars, then it just stops working [ATTACH] It goes up to this area every single time...
  7. as the windows hello recognization

as the windows hello recognization: Hi My Name is Piyush I have Lenovo Ideapad S340-14iil,but I see it cannot do face recognization, but when I went to buy and dealer said It has windows hello recognization. I came at home there was no recognization feature. plz help me out Regards, Piyush Sonawane...
  8. windows cannot recognize my pin.

windows cannot recognize my pin.: windows cannot recognize my pin. Cannot get into my computer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-cannot-recognize-my-pin/4ee08a48-ca63-4344-a9f6-9367d7496293
  9. Windows Hello Refuses To Turn On.

Windows Hello Refuses To Turn On.: I keep trying to turn on my face recognition so I can log in my pc with my face, but every time I try to it says "Camera couldn't turn on. Make sure it's working properly" but when I go to Device Management, it says the camera is working fine. Please help. I've been trying...
  10. Windows Hello REFUSED my PASSWORD, held my computer for ransom and FORCED me to use a PIN

Windows Hello REFUSED my PASSWORD, held my computer for ransom and FORCED me to use a PIN: I am beyond angry right now. I have 2 computers, one for work and one specifically for artwork. The one for artwork, my all-in-one MSI is the one I tried to sign into today with my password, however it's saying I have to create a PIN. I used to have one but it was useless...