Windows 10: windows hello setup not working

Discus and support windows hello setup not working in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; since mid last year, windows hello will not set up, it says 'this option is currently unavailable - click to learn more' when clicked, it says... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by ReubenWells, Nov 6, 2019.

1. windows hello setup not working

since mid last year, windows hello will not set up, it says 'this option is currently unavailable - click to learn more' when clicked, it says 'something went wrong. try again later.' as mentioned earlier, it has been like this for over a year

:)

ReubenWells, Nov 6, 2019

2. Windows Hello Fingerprint Setup not working

I have same issue with my laptop HP DV6 Pavilion.WIndows hello finger print setup is not working even after this above solution .When i setup finger print sensor i recieve error something went wrong.

ZahidHussain_210, Nov 6, 2019
  3. Noor_Azam Win User
    Unable to setup Windows Hello, error: incorrect pin

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

May I know the complete error code or error message that you are receiving when you try to setup Windows Hello?

Do you have any other user account on the computer?

If yes, does Windows Hello work on that account?

If Windows Hello is not setup on other account, please setup it up and check if it works so that we can narrow down the issue for you.

I suggest to remove the pin and setup a new pin on the child account and check if it works with Windows Hello.

Please follow the steps below to remove and re-add the PIN:

• Press Windows logo key + I to open Settings.
    • Select Accounts.
    • Click on Sign-in options.
    • Under PIN, remove the pin. There will be prompt to enter password, enter the password and removed the PIN.
    • After the pin is removed, please click on
      Add to setup pin for the account.
    • After setting up a new PIN, try to set up Windows Hello.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Noor Azam S

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Noor_Azam, Nov 6, 2019
  4. windows hello setup not working

Windows Hello Fingerprint Setup not working

Hi,

As per the description, I understand that the fingerprint feature does not work on Window10. We will assist you to resolve the issue.

As an initial troubleshooting step, I suggest you to uninstall and reinstall the finger print driver and check if that helps to resolve the issue.

Please follow the below steps.

• Delete the fingerprints you already registered.

• Press Windows Key + R Key.

• Then type “devmgmt.msc” and press
      Enter.

• Uninstall the current driver
      the current diver under "Biometric devices".

• You maybe have to click the "discover new hardware" symbol in the device manager.
    Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Nov 6, 2019
Thema:

windows hello setup not working

1. windows hello setup not working - Similar Threads - hello setup working

2. Windows Hello Setup

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows Hello Setup: I am using Dell Latitude 5490 Laptop, OS windows 10 Pro 22H2 Build.Build in Camera Realteck Driver updated.while trying to setup windows hello after PIN face recognition is not appearing. Yeah Microsoft! please Help...
  3. Windows Hello Setup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Hello Setup: I am using Dell Latitude 5490 Laptop, OS windows 10 Pro 22H2 Build.Build in Camera Realteck Driver updated.while trying to setup windows hello after PIN face recognition is not appearing. Yeah Microsoft! please Help...
  4. Windows Hello Setup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. windows hello setup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows hello setup: I have a 6-year old toshiba notebook running on windows 10. Recently I see available the option of using face recognition to sign in. However, the setup cannot be completed because Windows Hello Face is not able to turn on the camera on PC. My camera is working in other Apps....
  6. Windows Hello setup not working

Windows Hello setup not working: Hello I'm having trouble setting up my Windows Hello camera. I'm using a Tobii 4C eye tracker that doubles as an IR camera. The error I get is when I try to enable face recognition, the control panel says "we couldn't find a camera compatible with Windows Hello Face"....
  7. Windows Hello Face Setup not working

Windows Hello Face Setup not working: Hey guys! So I bought a computer four years ago and I love using windows hello to scan my face to log in and other stuff. However, I've now been having lots of problems with it and I've tried all kinds of things to fix it but nothing I've tried works. Every time I try to...
  8. Windows Hello face recognition setup not working

Windows Hello face recognition setup not working: it shows...we couldn't find a camera compatible with window hello face https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-hello-face-recognition-setup-not-working/5e726c81-8463-4a93-880f-12fc1139a45d
  9. windows hello face and fingerprint setup not working

windows hello face and fingerprint setup not working: my windows hello face and fingerprint setup not working. Its saying this option is currently unavailable. I am having ASUS laptop. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-hello-face-and-fingerprint-setup-not/e32e02b9-d095-45f6-b474-be672f7ce6bb
  10. Windows Hello Setup Pin not working

Windows Hello Setup Pin not working: Me and my... friend are logging into Microsoft store with secondary accounts on each other's desktop computers. We both have pins to sign in. It prompts us to enter our passwords which we do correctly. It then says "Set up your account with Windows Hello". To continue, we...