Windows 10: Windows Hello Setup Pin not working

Discus and support Windows Hello Setup Pin not working in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Me and my... friend are logging into Microsoft store with secondary accounts on each other's desktop computers. We both have pins to sign in. It... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by DatAtlas, Nov 16, 2018.

1. DatAtlas Win User

Windows Hello Setup Pin not working

Me and my... friend are logging into Microsoft store with secondary accounts on each other's desktop computers. We both have pins to sign in. It prompts us to enter our passwords which we do correctly. It then says "Set up your account with Windows Hello". To continue, we must both enter our pins. In short, it says they are both incorrect when we just used them to login on our own PCs.

Any suggestions or fixes to this?

:)

DatAtlas, Nov 16, 2018
  2. Anne Ros Win User

Login with PIN and Hello

Hi Jean,

Windows 10 includes multiple options to sign-in to your account, including the ability to sign-in using a PIN and Windows Hello, which uses facial recognition. For us to provide a solution suited to your concern, we need additional information. Can
    you answer the questions below?

• How are you setting the PIN and Hello?
    • Which build version of Windows is your PC running on?
    • Were there any error codes or messages?

In the meantime, we suggest that you follow the steps below on how to set up PIN.

• Open Settings.
    • Select Accounts.
    • Click Sign-in options.
    • Click the Add button for the PIN and set your PIN.
    • Do the same for the Windows Hello.

Looking forward to your response.

Anne Ros, Nov 16, 2018
  3. Not able to setup Windows Hello PIN

I performed clean boot as suggested and it did not make any difference.

The PIN setup windows opened like before with no boxes to enter PIN.

Please suggest.

RajatPal7626, Nov 16, 2018
  4. Windows Hello Setup Pin not working

Not able to setup Windows Hello PIN

Hi,

The issue you're experiencing with setting up Windows Hello PIN might be due to a variety of reasons, and that is what we are going to find out. For us to provide better assistance, we would need you answer the following questions:

• What is the make and model of the device where you are trying to set up the Windows Hello PIN?
    • Are you using your work computer?

Looking forward to your response.

Darleen Pen, Nov 16, 2018
Thema:

Windows Hello Setup Pin not working

1. Windows Hello Setup Pin not working - Similar Threads - Hello Setup Pin

2. Unable to setup windows hello pin

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to setup windows hello pin: I am unable to setup pin .Setup window keep's pop up every time after enter setup pin.There is no error message just pin not accepted.I have tried lots of option from internet nothing is working.Thanks.OS Name Microsoft Windows 11 Pro Version 10.0.22631 Build 22631 Other OS...
  3. Unable to setup windows hello pin

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to setup windows hello pin: I am unable to setup pin .Setup window keep's pop up every time after enter setup pin.There is no error message just pin not accepted.I have tried lots of option from internet nothing is working.Thanks.OS Name Microsoft Windows 11 Pro Version 10.0.22631 Build 22631 Other OS...
  4. Unable to setup windows hello pin

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Hello Pin Setup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hello Pin Setup: 1 I signed in to my Microsoft account on my laptop;2 After restarting, I was required to set up a hello pin;3 The pin was required not to be in pure digit format;4 But nothing could be typed in except for digits;5 The keyboard was fully functioning.Could anyone please help me...
  6. Hello Pin Setup

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Hello Pin Setup: 1 I signed in to my Microsoft account on my laptop;2 After restarting, I was required to set up a hello pin;3 The pin was required not to be in pure digit format;4 But nothing could be typed in except for digits;5 The keyboard was fully functioning.Could anyone please help me...
  7. Hello Pin Setup

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. Unable to setup Hello pin

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Unable to setup Hello pin: I am unable to setup the Hello Pin. It says there is an error with Microsoft Account. I tried all the links and solutions mentioned related to this issue but no luck!Could you please help me fix this. I am unable to open my laptop if I do not have internet access.Thanks...
  9. Not able to setup Windows Hello PIN

Not able to setup Windows Hello PIN: Windows 10 Pro Version 2004 64 bits x64 - Build 19041.928Dell Latitude 7400 2-in-1Related and similar issue post : https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hello-winpc/not-able-to-setup-windows-hello-pin/3810a71f-9ec8-4219-8a1b-9ae74d2256fbHello face...
  10. Hello PIN setup

Hello PIN setup: Having seg up a new Microsoft account on a new laptop, the laptop becomes stuck on the Hello PIN setup page - it doesn't allow me to setup a PIN and says there's a problem and also doesn't allow me to skip this process. I am unable to get past this and use the laptop at all....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows hello pin not working

2. datatlas microsoft

3. your account requires a windows hello pin

4. not working pin hello,
  5. windows hello pin not work,
  6. windows hello pin not working hyper-v,
  7. your account requires a windows hello pin no keyboard,
  8. windows pin setup not working