Windows 10: windows hello setup

Discus and support windows hello setup in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I have a 6-year old toshiba notebook running on windows 10. Recently I see available the option of using face recognition to sign in. However, the... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by TXZ, Jul 30, 2022.

1. TXZ
    TXZ Win User

windows hello setup

I have a 6-year old toshiba notebook running on windows 10. Recently I see available the option of using face recognition to sign in. However, the setup cannot be completed because Windows Hello Face is not able to turn on the camera on PC. My camera is working in other Apps. Is it because Hello Face requires a better camera resolution?Thanks,TXZ

:)

2. Noor_Azam Win User

Unable to setup Windows Hello, error: incorrect pin

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

May I know the complete error code or error message that you are receiving when you try to setup Windows Hello?

Do you have any other user account on the computer?

If yes, does Windows Hello work on that account?

If Windows Hello is not setup on other account, please setup it up and check if it works so that we can narrow down the issue for you.

I suggest to remove the pin and setup a new pin on the child account and check if it works with Windows Hello.

Please follow the steps below to remove and re-add the PIN:

• Press Windows logo key + I to open Settings.
    • Select Accounts.
    • Click on Sign-in options.
    • Under PIN, remove the pin. There will be prompt to enter password, enter the password and removed the PIN.
    • After the pin is removed, please click on
      Add to setup pin for the account.
    • After setting up a new PIN, try to set up Windows Hello.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Noor Azam S

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Noor_Azam, Jul 30, 2022
  3. Windows Hello Fingerprint Setup not working

I have same issue with my laptop HP DV6 Pavilion.WIndows hello finger print setup is not working even after this above solution .When i setup finger print sensor i recieve error something went wrong.

ZahidHussain_210, Jul 30, 2022
  4. windows hello setup

Cannot setup windows hello

I've looked up ways to setup Windows hello online and have done every step but i still cannot setup windows hello even though i have set up both Password and PIN. Can somebody please tell me where i did wrong

Mai Anh Pham, Jul 30, 2022
Thema:

windows hello setup

1. windows hello setup - Similar Threads - hello setup

2. Windows Hello: Setup Pin in Infinity Loop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Hello: Setup Pin in Infinity Loop: I’m trying to set up the entry method using Windows Hello, but when I try to create the PIN, I get stuck in the ‘Create PIN’ window. Even if I close the window, it opens again. I have already updated Windows, tried to remove and add the account, but nothing has solved my...
  3. Windows Hello: Setup Pin in Infinity Loop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Hello: Setup Pin in Infinity Loop: I’m trying to set up the entry method using Windows Hello, but when I try to create the PIN, I get stuck in the ‘Create PIN’ window. Even if I close the window, it opens again. I have already updated Windows, tried to remove and add the account, but nothing has solved my...
  4. Unable to setup Windows hello Fingerprint. Keeps asking for pin

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to setup Windows hello Fingerprint. Keeps asking for pin: Trying to setup fingerprint access. However, It keeps sending me in a loop asking for Windows Hello Pin. I type the PIN nothing happens. I used to have Windows PIN working. I needed to reset it after a MB replacement. I redownloaded all the drivers Tried SFC Re-installed...
  5. Unable to setup Windows hello Fingerprint. Keeps asking for pin

Unable to setup Windows hello Fingerprint. Keeps asking for pin: Trying to setup fingerprint access. However, It keeps sending me in a loop asking for Windows Hello Pin. I type the PIN nothing happens. I used to have Windows PIN working. I needed to reset it after a MB replacement. I redownloaded all the drivers Tried SFC Re-installed...
  6. Unable to setup Windows hello Fingerprint. Keeps asking for pin

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  7. Windows Hello Facial recognition setup Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Hello Facial recognition setup Windows 11: I have windows 11 Dell laptop that is brand new, it has all the recent updates, but the option for facial recognition is not available. I tried to troubleshoot, and I reset camera settings, but there is no option to set it up to begin with....
  8. Windows Hello Facial recognition setup Windows 11

Windows Hello Facial recognition setup Windows 11: I have windows 11 Dell laptop that is brand new, it has all the recent updates, but the option for facial recognition is not available. I tried to troubleshoot, and I reset camera settings, but there is no option to set it up to begin with....
  9. Unable to setup windows hello pin

Unable to setup windows hello pin: I am unable to setup pin .Setup window keep's pop up every time after enter setup pin.There is no error message just pin not accepted.I have tried lots of option from internet nothing is working.Thanks.OS Name Microsoft Windows 11 Pro Version 10.0.22631 Build 22631 Other OS...
  10. Unable to setup windows hello pin

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unable to setup windows hello pin: I am unable to setup pin .Setup window keep's pop up every time after enter setup pin.There is no error message just pin not accepted.I have tried lots of option from internet nothing is working.Thanks.OS Name Microsoft Windows 11 Pro Version 10.0.22631 Build 22631 Other OS...